Shoes?

Fugazi

Guest imported_Tesseract

*drool*

i'm all about girls in short skirts and cowgirl boots. alot of girls are rocking that shit over here right now and it's so hot my penix might explode.

They all wear flip flops here, i'm moving down there asap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I need new shoes NOW!

Interview with the founder of Goodfoot:

• Sneaker trailblazer MATT GEORGE says, “Yes you can!” with Goodfoot, Canada’s first sneaker boutique, The ambitious entrepreneur has redefined the shoe market to make sneakers worthy of the fashion-conscious. GEORGE, who believes each day starts with a pair of hot runners, is now focusing on taking streetwear from casual to high-end.

Influence should be measured in haters and imitators. And while no one’s specifically hating sneaker connoisseur MATT GEORGE (just grumbling about empty wallets while admiring their new kicks), he recognizes the many copycats. GEORGE, 25, opened Canada’s first sneaker boutique, Goodfoot, in Toronto in 2002.

Three years later, he estimates there are 40 to 50 shops trying to capitalize on the market he built. Since exposing Canadians to the joys of rare and limited-edition sneakers, GEORGE has moved on to open the high-end streetwear shop Nomad (located in Toronto,
http://www.nomadshop.net) and bridges street-style with the corporate world as a key account representative with Nike Canada.

Thanks to this trailblazer, our country now boasts its own community of fanatics, fiends and addicts who share the belief that sneakers can be as individual as the person wearing them — and that each morning, an outfit starts with that gem on your foot. In GEORGE’s own words: “If you don’t have hot sneakers, then the rest of your outfit’s in the garbage.”

Tell me about sneaker culture: Is it simply about a pair of shoes or is it more than that?

It’s definitely more. Because people are dressing more casually, sneakers play a huge role in a lot of peoples’ lives. There are definitely fans of sneakers who are very obsessed and then there are a lot of people who just like the esthetics of sneakers going with an outfit. I think it stems from fashion, basketball and urban culture. This is a way for people to express their love for the culture they’re trying to live or do live.

How many sneakers do you own?

Around 100. I’m on a heavy rotation. I don’t really wear the same pair of shoes too often. Once they get dirty, I probably put them to rest. I’ve done trips where we drove 15 hours to raid rat-ridden warehouses for sneakers, so I’ve done some things that are a little obsessive and fanatical.

Are the number of collectors increasing?

We’ve seen it grow in North America in the past five years and it’s gotten more mainstream with the whole collecting and people wanting to get rare and exclusive product. I think we’re going to continue to see that trend. It’s been hot in Japan and Europe for 15 years and it hasn’t really slowed down.

Matt George's Top Five Sneaks:

No. 1: Nike Air Max 90

050721_NikeAirMax90.jpg

No. 2: Nike Stab

050721_NikeAirStab.jpg

No. 3: Nike Air Max 1

050721_NikeAirMax1.jpg

No. 4: Visvim FBT

050721_VisvimFBT.jpg

No. 5: Adidas Vintage Rod Laver

050721_AdidasVintageRodLave.jpg

• Why did you decide to join Nike?

I started about four months ago and it’s definitely a personal thing for me. I really wanted to learn more about the industry and get more of a corporate background. I work with the independent shops and Nike’s limited lines — their skateline SB, 6.0 Mobility, Energy and Quick Strikes.

Who does Nomad cater to?

It’s for the customer who wants to be on top of the streetwear game and isn’t afraid to spend the money. We’re actually breaking high-end street fashion brands like Sandinista and Nonnative out of Japan, Filson, Visvim and Acronym. Almost every brand we have isn’t available anywhere else in Canada and we have four that aren’t available in North America at all.

Originally posted by RumPuncher+Jul 22 2005, 11:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RumPuncher - Jul 22 2005, 11:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dumy@Jul 21 2005, 08:09 PM

Key,

The third from the top bangin'...

yeah... I'm really thinking of buying them this weekend!

another look:

63708_450_rt.jpg

63708_450_tp.jpg

63708_450_sl.jpg

[/b]

Those are quite possibly the ugliest shoes the world has ever seen.

Originally posted by Thought Wrong@Jul 24 2005, 04:47 AM

chuck_lo_blk_5.jpg

chuck_lo_blk_3.jpg

I picked these up for $25 yesterday, I feel like I got a bit of a deal on them.

What would you usually pay?

yea i just paid $50 australian, which is around that price, good deal.

kicks.jpg

the kicks

boks.jpg

the oldest of school reebs