random thots

Mr. Peanut

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

really been on my best behavior all week... been around relative's little kids doing zoom meeting with their class.  HIGH temptation to walk by in the background and yell doody.  Cons: very upset relatives, child possibly being known as the kid whose adult relative disrupted class with "doody!" for the rest of their elementary school years.  Pros:  Self evident.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

Just finishing about a 50 hr work week. 
I have to be disciplined enough to peel myself away from work or I would it’s keep going. There is always something that needs to be done. 
some tell me because it’s salary it’s not worth it. Even tho it’s not all about the compensation-however salary plus overtime oh and that essential pay-I have never had a place of employment that I want to be there all the time. It is the dream job for real. Ever have your employer tell you they NEED you? 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

On 5/17/2020 at 3:20 AM, SMdoubleXL said:

Just finishing about a 50 hr work week. 
I have to be disciplined enough to peel myself away from work or I would it’s keep going. There is always something that needs to be done. 
some tell me because it’s salary it’s not worth it. Even tho it’s not all about the compensation-however salary plus overtime oh and that essential pay-I have never had a place of employment that I want to be there all the time. It is the dream job for real. Ever have your employer tell you they NEED you? 

I can relate! I am a massive workaholic, easily knocking 10+ hours of overtime every week... I am working on cutting down though,  I have a newborn son at home, so I would rather be a constant part of his life instead of donating my time to the company that I work for. I do love my job, and find it intrinsically rewarding beyond the money. But I am trying to recalibrate, more time at home with the family, and more time working on personal projects instead of pouring every ounce of energy I have into work. 

• Like 1

The ones I work with are all married with kids and a home and family. I don’t have any of that. (Except a very grown child and at this point all you can help with is $$) so I’d rather be in that position.  I've been aiming for this period in my life for a few years. The rest of my work life plus retirement depends on my performance at this moment. I did take a break today, though.  

• Like 1