random thots

Mr. Peanut

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I refer y'all to my recent thread on psychological profiling and big data.

Not paranoid.

We can exist on the net without giving much away. If you vote, have a bank account, drive, pay for electricity, have a phone, etc then you're visible. And there's nothing wrong with that. However, constantly liking stuff, tweeting, linking, IGing - especially when these activities are linked to a single name/email/IP/etc it's too easy to collect enough data to profile you and use that info in ways that aren't in your own interests.

There's nothing wrong with existing in today's society, it's about how much of your thinking you share with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watching some TV last night and a Kia ad comes on- they're using Ace of Spades in their commercial?!?! SMH/WTF. Seems really unclear who they're marketing to- they've used rave music and hip-hop, but there's nothing about their cars that says metal to me, can't believe much of the young crowd knows Motorhead and doubt old metalheads are buying that Kia crapbox.

@Fist 666 have to assume you do not approve.

giphy.gif.e6ceedb3d744b4cececa43b20a964b1d.gif