Got Beats? The Producer Thread.

8onus

One of my friends:

He kind of went through a depressing stage of his life recently which is why there are a ton of depressing beats but I like some of the other ones and his happy stuff is pretty good. He is still learning.

Another:

I feel his beats more, but he does less. They are both my good friends and they work with each other a ton. They both use ACID pro or whatever and do all their drums and shit and they get samples from everywhere. They aren't looking to go big yet, but they keep on making shit. They both have like 100+ beats.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of my friends:

He kind of went through a depressing stage of his life recently which is why there are a ton of depressing beats but I like some of the other ones and his happy stuff is pretty good. He is still learning.

Another:

I feel his beats more, but he does less. They are both my good friends and they work with each other a ton. They both use ACID pro or whatever and do all their drums and shit and they get samples from everywhere. They aren't looking to go big yet, but they keep on making shit. They both have like 100+ beats.

I'm diggin a lot of the matt ashe joints. I like the "outro" from the first link too

• 4 weeks later...
Propellerhead Reason[/url] for sequencing. There are trials for all three on the web, plus you can just get em from the torrents.

now you're gonna want a midi controller. If you're not too serious about doin chords and such I recommend the Korg nanoKEY, it's what I have. plus its only $50

http://www.korgnano.com/

then, depending on what kind of music you make, you're gonna need drumkits/samples/ etc. If it's basic electronica or synth based hip hop beats, you're set as reason comes with pretty good synths.

If it's hiphop, then I have a ton of drums I can upload somewhere for you.

and youtube is a great place to find sample-able stuff. If I can't find an mp3 of the sample anywhere other than youtube, then I just slurp (nh) it from there using a program called Tubetilla Free[/b]

or alternitively you can just get ableton which comes with samplers, synths, drum kits, sequencers, anything and everyting and you can also use your key board as a midi controler

im using ableton 7 but 8 came out a few months ago, word on the street is it comes with a massive groove libary

and as far as a midi controller goes i'd get something with faders, rotary knobs and a drum as well as the standard play stop type buttons

trust me ableton is way to go

also if you want more sofware synths check out http://www.vst4free.com

heres two i finished..

inner city blues

&

very first time

havent just finished a couple others yet..

but i recently heard a

by the neptunes

and it made me wanna finish this idea i had a minute ago...

im gonna try and flip "they dont really care about us" by mj

or at least have the acapella run and just put it over a beat...

we'll see....

Personally I rap, but I'm just starting to make beats as well on FL and CoolEdit. I guess I have a "slow progress is better than none" attitude about the beats, but I am looking for producers or anyone else for collabos.

I can mix my own lyrics and whatnot.

My music can be heard here>

or http://www.myspace.com/lifewhyz

If anyone is interested hit me up on AIM at: lifewhyz

Peace

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

BUMP

almost done with me and my boys album

kinda going slow but im tryin to finish it as soon as i can

before it gets hot out so once the snow melts i can start sellin em everywhere..

if anybody wants to check out our wemix page and leave some comments or crits

anything will be appreciated.. i figured fuck it might as well share it with my oontz niggas..

check out a couple of our tracks at

http://www.wemix.com/majorcrooks

props to anyone who can guess which one is me rappin...

Archived