the ZEPHYR thread

IN FLAMES

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest emit_df

respect for the old school

Mid 90's or so Kaws DF started chillin with Zephyr. Zeph got down with DF crew. I was like "word up, mad respected old school writer down with us" couldn't ask for a better name to rep your crew. I was back in CT and we were planing a DF wall at Fame in CT. Kaws and Sub were coming into CT and had said Zephyr couldn't be there. Sucked. Anyway, Jive and I rolled out spots for all known attending graff heads to paint. The next morning as we were getting started Kaws rolled up with Zephyr. Great, he made it. He saw there wasn't a spot rolled for him and took it mad personal, like we didn't want a old school guy painting with us which was 100% wrong. I would have loved to have painted with him. I grew up on NY graff, Style Wars, Subway Art etc.... he was like a role model to me. But it seems he could not be swayed into a nice day of painting and was mad at me specifically. Till this day I still can't fugure it out.

A couple years back my man NACE DF unfortunatly passed away and I was forwared a nice article written by Zephyr for Nace, It was a well written and a very nice ode to Nace. I wrote Zephyr and appologized for the past missunderstanding and thanked him for the memories put into words about Nace. I received no response.

Just recently he was in denver. Twice actually. It's lame to have not gotten to paint with him here in Denver after all this, when we have had, and still have friends and writters in common.

I guess this post really means nothing, just getting if of my chest. I have dealt with all kinds of graff problems that have been easily brushed aside..... but when someone you have utmost respect for gives you the diss for no reason I guess it gets to ya.

Maybe Zeph will read this and respond for once.

peace

emit

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ODS-1

He's hitting fr8s in the now? Gotta keep a look out.

all i can tell you is that the flick i posted with the purple outline was caught this year, and the shit looked like it rolled in fresh from ny the night before. the paint was so fresh and so clean.

• 1 month later...

Re: one of worlds best handstyler!!!!

"we dress the city with our names, well were trying our damdest"

Zephyr