THE DRAFT IS COMING

fiberoptical

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by CILONE/SK

Seek it isn't about this war, it is about answering your countries call. I hate this war, but I have to deal with it because it affects me directly, but if my country says that we need people to do something, whether or not I agree with it, I will do what it wants. If I don't like what my country is doing, then I want to get to a position to change that and running in a time when your called is not a way to get there.

You have to support the country in both good and bad

You don't have to support the admin, but sometimes they make it hard to seperate admin and country, like a draft. I would rather serve then run and have a black mark on my record.

right before this you said we shouldn't just follow blindly, and now you're saying you'll follow even if it's something you disagree with. what the fuck? so if the government initiated a draft for the sole purpose of going to a country to, say, kill babies, you'd go and do it, even though you disagreed with it, so that later you could say you "answered your country's call" and THEN change things? granted that's a farfetched analogy but i hope you get my point.

the purpose of a republic is to elect leaders you believe will REPRESENT you and your beliefs. if those in washington do not represent you, and say, hypothetically drag the country into a morally QUESTIONABLE war, and you disagree with this war on many levels, and believe that it is in fact NOT in the best interest of the COUNTRY, then fuck no it's not your duty as a citizen to go to war. that's supporting the administration, not the country, two things you seem to have completely confused. if you disagree with this war, but decide to fight in it anyway, you're not "answering your country's call," you're answering the administration's call.