THE DRAFT IS COMING

fiberoptical

Please read and send to as many people as possible.This is a bad scenario.

The Selective Service will reappear in approx. 12 mos. and it will be very difficult to evade this draft...read on (Link & text follow):

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/issues...=ua_congressorg

Soapbox Alert from Congress.org

Pending Draft Legislation Targeted for Spring 2005

The Draft will Start in June 2005

There is pending legislation in the House and Senate (twin bills: S 89 and HR 163) which will time the program´s initiation so the draft can begin at early as Spring 2005 -- just after the 2004 presidential election. The administration is quietly trying to get these bills passed now, while the public´s attention is on the elections, so our action on this is needed immediately.

$28 million has been added to the 2004 Selective Service System (SSS) budget to prepare for a military draft that could start as early as June 15, 2005. Selective Service must report to Bush on March 31, 2005 that the system, which has lain dormant for decades, is ready for activation. Please see website: www.sss.gov/perfplan_fy2004.html to view the sss annual performance plan - fiscal year 2004.

The pentagon has quietly begun a public campaign to fill all 10,350 draft board positions and 11,070 appeals board slots nationwide.. Though this is an unpopular election year topic, military experts and influential members of congress are suggesting that if Rumsfeld´s prediction of a "long, hard slog" in Iraq and Afghanistan [and a permanent state of war on "terrorism"] proves accurate, the U.S. may have no choice but to draft.

Congress brought twin bills, S. 89 and HR 163 forward this year, http://www.hslda.org/legislation/na...s89/default.asp entitled the Universal National Service Act of 2003, "to provide for the common defense by requiring that all young persons [age 18--26] in the United States, including women, perform a period of military service or a period of civilian service in furtherance of the national defense and homeland security, and for other purposes." These active bills currently sit in the committee on armed services.

Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era.

College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the U.S. signed a "smart border declaration," which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada´s minister of foreign affairs, John Manley, and U.S. Homeland Security director, Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a "pre-clearance agreement" of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their current semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.

Even those voters who currently support US actions abroad may still object to this move, knowing their own children or grandchildren will not have a say about whether to fight. Not that it should make a difference, but this plan, among other things, eliminates higher education as a shelter and includes women in the draft.

The public has a right to air their opinions about such an important decision.

Please send this on to all the friends, parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins that you know. Let your children know too -- it´s their future, and they can be a powerful voice for change!

Please also contact your representatives to ask them why they aren´t telling their constituents about these bills -- and contact newspapers and other media outlets to ask them why they´re not covering this important story!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Whatever, if it goes down, I'll hop on over to Canada. But then again, what's the cut off age for the draft? I think i'm old enough not to even care much less worry. That just means they'll draft folks like Tease to go over there.

"Private Teaseola! Front and center!"

ola

ola

ola

ola

ola

If the draft came after me, i'd avoid it.

I didn't want this war. I don't like the way it's being fought. i don't like the way I feel when I watch the news and wonder to myself if what i am viewing is the whole truth (of course not)

World War 2 was a conflict that was a genuine contest between tangible forces of good and evil. What we're fighting in the middle east is a muddled sand war with shady objectives and a rising body count.

I believe i will have something to contribute to society one day and I won't be able to do that if I go over there and get killed and for what? God? He's not listening. My country? I wouldn't be remembered nor would anyone care of my sacrifice.

WHat people care about is the gas in their cars, the t.v. in their living room, the fast food on their way to work. They give a cursory glance at the body count numbers on the cover of USA today and that's it. There is no longer the support and respect afforded to the members of the armed forces as there was fifty years ago.

War changes men and women forever. Lose a limb, your sight, become disfigured, lose your mind, lose your future.

"An eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind" Ghandi

"i dont like this war either but seriously if i am gonna reap the benifits of living here, it is my duty to this country...even if bush is a douche."

bush is more than a douche, and if people really cared about the country they would stand up and change the political climate we create for the whole world, they wouldn't just blindly serve it's leaders under the false guise of freedom. our current government has done more to strip us of freedoms than any other time in history, i don't owe them shit and following their orders is just being an accomplice to the crime. create change, not enemies.

seeking/aint no viet cong ever called me nigger

Originally posted by seeking

"i dont like this war either but seriously if i am gonna reap the benifits of living here, it is my duty to this country...even if bush is a douche."

bush is more than a douche, and if people really cared about the country they would stand up and change the political climate we create for the whole world, they wouldn't just blindly serve it's leaders under the false guise of freedom. our current government has done more to strip us of freedoms than any other time in history, i don't owe them shit and following their orders is just being an accomplice to the crime. create change, not enemies.

seeking/aint no viet cong ever called me nigger

saying you dont owe this country shit is ridiculous, how fucking spoiled and ungratefull can you be?..i am assuming you went to public school, well then you owe your education you owe them for the water you drink etc the list goes on.

but living here, you dont get to choose when to serve or who to serve under. it dosn't matter either.

if you want to change shit, vote. it seems like such a small thing right? 1 fucking vote. but compared to the rest of the world it's fucking huge. and it makes all the difference. and its all we can do.

THE DRAFT IS COMING ALL OVER HER STOMACH

Originally posted by 8onus

saying you dont owe this country shit is ridiculous, how fucking spoiled and ungratefull can you be?..i am assuming you went to public school, well then you owe your education you owe them for the water you drink etc the list goes on.

You fucking douchebag. My tax money PAYS for the school I went to, as my parents did before it. The water I drink is PAID for by me. Everything this country gives me I could get anywhere else with cash.

I'm assuming you're not old enough to work or pay taxes or bills yet?

Idiot.

Originally posted by GnomeToys

You fucking douchebag. My tax money PAYS for the school I went to, as my parents did before it. The water I drink is PAID for by me. Everything this country gives me I could get anywhere else with cash.

I'm assuming you're not old enough to work or pay taxes or bills yet?

Idiot.

if you really think taxes pay for every thing you are the ingnorant one you dumb shit, taxes pay for a fraction of the costs, it takes to run everything.

and if not that you owe them your fucking freedom asshole.

i am assuming you're in your 20's like me (so yes i work and pay taxes ass hole)...jesus christ my generation can be the most selfish motherfuckers i know.

Originally posted by CILONE/SK

I wish all of you can realize that this country is so much more then it's current leaders and you have to support the country regardless and hope that you can work on changing it. Not answering your countries call is worse then anything else you can do.

Running from your countries call is bullshit and I hope that someday I will run into some of those people who run and kick their skull into a fucking curb.

mother fucking word

we'll tag team thier asses

hahaha.... they say that Canada isn't an option?

Just say you're going to the Olympics in 2010

and you want to get a head start on the training.

but hell..... after the Greeks bungle up this olympics...

they might not be having them anymore.

(no offence ninja)

this country is more than its current leaders but those leaders are the ones who are right now deciding what direction this country goes in. so if they're doing something i disagree with i'm not going to support them. it's so simple. stop the "our country right or wrong" bullshit.

maybe you don't realize this issue isn't just black and white, but sometimes supporting the country means NOT supporting the administration and its choices. i understand if that's over your head though.

Originally posted by 8onus

if you really think taxes pay for every thing you are the ingnorant one you dumb shit, taxes pay for a fraction of the costs, it takes to run everything.

acccctually, our tax dollars pay every cent it costs to run EVERY public institution. from the FDA, to the road commission, to the police, to the military, to the presidents salary. if taxes only paid a 'fraction' of the costs, where exactly would the rest of the money be coming from?

you should really be a little less ignorant and vulgar in your posts, it just makes you look twice as dumb when you're absolutely wrong.

cilone,

i agree that things need to be changed from within, but the military is just about the last 'in' that i think will really be able to do anything. look at this whole iraq situation. powell, the leader of the entire military (or whatever he's supposed to be) was powerless to stop an action that he's admitted he did not agree with. several very high ranking military officials stepped forward with very serious criticism of how our 'leaders' were planning this 'war', and they were either fired, threatened to be fired or otherwise ignored and you know that's the truth. if the government tried to institute the draft, and americans in mass, stood up and said 'no, we will not send anymore boys to die for these lies', the death would stop. joining up and making yourself part of the machine will not stop things. we are only under 'attack' because we're putting ourselves in the line of fire. stop fucking people over, and they'll stop shooting. i believe that by me joining the military, it would just insure the continuation of violence and blood shed and i will never, ever be a part of that. it's not that i'm scared, i'm not scared of shit, it's that i believe our government is 150% wrong in it's plan to 'fight terrorism'. we're trying to drown gremlins, and the shit is never going to work.

i'm too old to be drafted and am far too mentally unstable to serve anyway, but even if neither were the case, i will never help anyone to do the damage i believe our current administration is doing to the stability of the entire world. i'd rather shoot the president than a suspected terrorist. if that means you and i will have to go rounds, then so be it.

i completely fail to see how accepting the draft would be helping your country and being 'part of the process'. if you could explain to me exactly how joining the military, and going off to a foreign land to kill people is working to create democracy and freedom back in america, i'd greatly appreciate it, cause as far as i can tell, there is absolutely no connection what so ever. and infact, the only way yoru rational would possibly work is if people RESISTED the draft, in mass, and said 'no, we will not die for nothing'.

and if people could try and be a little more intelligent towards one another, that would probably make the conversation go a bit smoother. as it stands, you all sound like a bunch of drunks in a bar (no offense).

Originally posted by seeking

acccctually, our tax dollars pay every cent it costs to run EVERY public institution. from the FDA, to the road commission, to the police, to the military, to the presidents salary. if taxes only paid a 'fraction' of the costs, where exactly would the rest of the money be coming from?

you should really be a little less ignorant and vulgar in your posts, it just makes you look twice as dumb when you're absolutely wrong.

uuhg...ok fine.

taxes pay for about 80% of our public services the goverment provides.

the rest of that is borrowed...keep in mind that this is ONLY public services, and does not include things like that military that keep your ass safe.

so what we have to do is something called borowing...when we borrow we get someting called the national deficit, which is really really big.

edit

cilone,

it's a hell of alot easier to get into politics with a legal background than a military one. you're making it sound like the only way to affect change is to climb the military ranks, and that's complete hog wash. being 'part of the process' means standing up for what you believe, and doing something about it. it does not mean killing peole in other countries who are pawns in a very deadly game.

i don't know exactly when it became 'unpatriotic' to not want your fellow americans to be flown 10,000 miles and dropped off in a warzone, but if that's the new definition, then i guess that's what i am.

8onus,

you're not real bright are you? the 'national deficit' is nothing but taxes we're passing on to the next generation. everything the government does, including the military is 100% funded by the tax payers of america. every single thing. every paper clip in every office, on every desk in every building, in every city in every state in the country. if it is a state of federal job, it's paid for with our tax dollars. if we over extend ourselves, and spend more than we have, it's still our tax dollars. when you get a credit card, you're still spending 'your' money, even if you spend more than you have today, because YOU are the one who has to pay it back. the fact that i have to explain such a simple concept to you is ridiculous. please stop trying to take part in these discussions, since you clearly don't know a thing about anything.

cilone,

so by your rational, if your friends decided to get coked up and rape a girl, then you have to support them in it? because that is exactly what you are saying. and i'm sorry, but i don't buy it. if someone came onto my soil and was attacking me and the people around me, i would fit THAT person. but i will not fly half way around the world to fit a bunch of people who just want to be left alone.

question:

is the draft (or a proposed draft) an equal oppourtunity employer?

I may be incorrect but women wernt drafted into vietnam(???).

Now that's there's DOUBLE the avilable people of the right age/physical condition,

wouldnt people be able to get out with far less serious excuses?

And wouldnt the window of who is deemed 'fit' be a lot more selective?