growing up sucks.

Guest dukeofyork

Guest dukeofyork

since i was at my parents house for the afternoon, i figured id try to hit some golf balls around the field nearby while i waited for dinner. found out that i could probably still play a decent game even though i hadnt picked up a club in over a year, i started thinking about all the memories from high school with my friends and the neighborhood in general. i didnt really grow up here, but i consider it and call it the place im from, despite only living here for the four years of high school and a year that i took off from college (and i need to go back sometime in the near future). two younger girls walked by me in the field giggling and smiling at me as they passed, and i figured they mustve been around 13 or 14 years old, tops. thats when i started thinking about when i was that old, cause i had never seen these girls before, and they must have moved in recently. our family was among the first to move into our neighborhood, and we have seen many others come and go. of the few families that still live here, one was one of my close friends, although his parents hate me. well, really just his mom. she swears i was the reason that her son started smoking and drinking (even though im drug free, go figure). i saw him outside when i was walking around the neighborhood on my round-about way home. i wanted to talk to him, but he was outside with his dad and i knew if i stopped his mom would be out soon to tell me he had something to do and that he couldnt talk any longer. *sigh* i walked by the girls house that i used to want to hook up with so bad, remembering when they were building her house we stole wood from the construction site to make a tree fort, delaying the finish by 3 months...ooops, my bad girl. how we climbed on top of a new house that wasnt sold yet to drop fireworks in the chimney...ha ha..i even thought about when we used to play tennis ball wars in the unfinished houses, one team on the second floor, the other on the first, throwing tennis balls at each other. as i continued my walk i noticed the trail behind the houses had grown over, meaning noone had even thought about walking through in years. dodging spider webs the whole way, i noticed the storm drain grates, and thought about how when i first moved here we used to explore through the drains, only on sunny days, cause we didnt want to get caught in a flash flood in there. after seeing the movie "it" i didnt go anywhere near those things from then on. its probably better that i stayed away from them anyway. walking past the shed of one of my neighbors house, i thought of how their grandmother came out one night and started screaming at us, accusing us of smoking pot back there...ha ha...if she only knew. if i remember correctly, her grandson got a 1600 on the sats. the house next to that used to be the home of another one of my friends, but she died back in high school and her parents moved shortly after...

and the last house i walked by was my best friends, right across the street from my parents..he moved away about 3 years ago, but i still remember hanging out with him all the time like it was just last week. we could spend hours sitting on his front porch talking about bullshit and not get bored. thank god his parents didnt hate me. we used to spend the night out in tents with a bunch of other friends and play cards waiting for the rest of the neighborhood to go to sleep, so we could sneak out and see who would be parking at the school nearby to make out, and then scaring the living shit out of them with flashlights screaming...ha haaaaa..

man it seems like shit just changed so quickly...i go away to college and everything is different when i come back..

i wish somehow all of this change could have somehow been avoided..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i read the whole thing and completely understand what you are talking about. i tend not to think about the past too much, but i think about the present and think that one day all my friends and the people i care about the most will just be a story to my kids...a bit upsetting sometimes, life is fucked up, i try not to think about it too much, but its hard not to when i see how little my life changes every day...and a little over a long period of times adds up...people move, die, go to jail, and do all kinds of other shit you would never think would happen to them...but oh well, i cant seem to sum all of this up, just wanting to let you know that i understood what you were talking about

god im stoned

Good read.

Bump. as i am about to leave highschool and go into the "realword" (cough), i miss shit like that. With so many things changing, life, girls, good friends leaving, moving, so much shit and drama,............

......i just wish i had my gi joes and not a care in the world anymore.

[This message has been edited by George Dubyah Bush (edited 09-23-2001).]

Archived