George Bush Scares me, and so did his speech

Lush

Guest --zeSto--
Originally posted by Smart:

if our 'war on terrorism' is half as effective as our 'war on drugs'...

in the war on drugs...

I'd like to surrender.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p-r-e-s-i-d-en-t...yes he holds the title, and has an extreme amount of power and represents us among the world..

....but fuck i didnt vote for him...- all i am saying is that I do not believe he is capable of leading the country and shouldn't be the one speaking for it...

I noticed that he didn't say anything about canada as well. this is twice we've been ignored, and passed over as a good friend of the usa. I think besides him not knowing who our Prime Minister is, he does not know where we are located....

my mom said that was probably the best speech she's heard from any president (this means any of the presidents she has WITNESSED say a speech on television).

sure, dubya isnt necessarily the greatest speaker....man's learning the ropes.

aside from that, i think ultimatum is the only thing we can do. it's a 'war' against terrorism, not some war to blow up every islamic country or whatever. i believe the idea of telling the taliban to hand over bin laden or suffer the consequences is how it should be done. we're demanding them to because they are aware of what america can do militarily (word). we are basically negotiating with afganistan anyway...a deal. honestly, some super peace treaty pact thing would be unrealistic. shoot a flower with a bow and arrow. and quit hating on bush, you should always be afraid of anything bad that can happen, prepared, prepared for anything. duh. tired of talking about this shit 24/7

Originally posted by Lush:

I noticed that he didn't say anything about canada as well. this is twice we've been ignored, and passed over as a good friend of the usa. I think besides him not knowing who our Prime Minister is, he does not know where we are located....

canada?..isn't that a state?..what's a prime minister?..

haha.. canada still deserves props for kids in the hall

and..let's face it -all our recent presidents have pretty much sucked... camille paglia for prez!

------------------

http://www.silentwrytes.com/mac2A.jpg'>

who's the mac?...

Guest Remy Martin
Originally posted by Ferris Bueller:

tired of talking about this shit 24/7

then why did you bother to respond.

im not a fan of this shit either...

i dont like the republican party and hardly trust them..pretty much the same for entire goverment..i have little faith.

now that we have been attacked and they put us at war im sposed to rest assured in their ability to maintian a calm peacfull world.

a month or so ago bush was tramping around europe trying to alter the oldest nuclear treaty, which was kinna stupid if you ask me. this month hes at war with terrorists. we took a loss.

i think he should pay attention to the issues here first.

why not involve some sly strategy...

but what the fuck do i know..i just live here now, and used to live in the middle east..

[This message has been edited by Remy Martin (edited 09-21-2001).]

Originally posted by bobobi11:

He wasn't impeached. He faced an impeachment hearing and he was found...I don't want to say innocent...but they ruled that the charged actions did not affect his ability to run the country.

Not that I am saying he was a great president.

Technically he did get impeached. When they had the impeachment hearing, that was "technically" impeachment even if he did'nt get the boot. There's a whole bunch of semantics involved. I just know he's gonna be in the history book right next to Nixon. Oh well.

I saw parts of the GeorgeW speech and thought it was cool. He did'nt really sound too much like a politician which was somewhat refreshing. He did sound angry and rightfully so. I was never a GWB fan or supporter,but I'm starting to not hate him so much now. I think his comment about choosing sides was fair. I think what he wants to get across is that these countries next to Afghanistan can't be like "Oh we wanna be neutral and not get involved". It's like "you roll with us or you roll against us"

Originally posted by Lush:

It's never even. Someone always has to have the last word.

And in war, as in life, the muhfuckas with the most money have the last word. Who got more money? The US, or Afstarvinstan? Contemplate dog.

MEROMAN

TMFUCKTHAT

MLBTKILLAS

ILOVEJUDY

Guest dukeofyork

i agree with mero up to a certain point.

short version: who did this to us should die. those who have nothing to do with it and are as equally appalled should not be harmed in any way. those who justify the attack should be put in the same category as those who did it.

Guest Remy Martin

did someone say lemonade and blunts???

nahhh...he should just call the world together for peace instead of war..then when hes got everybody all chill..just murder the fuckers that did this a lie about how brutal and unjust we did them..fuck it..kill those fuckers with blunt boxcutters.

Guest dukeofyork

somethin along the lines of we're sorry, but these people are really upset at us because our government and people have been amazingly successful and think we have something personal against them, this is why your (insert title of family member here) died in this attack. we would do something about it but we are afraid that if we attack those who did this someone else might attack again. of course, if we show that we are weak and unwilling to punish those who killed your (repeat title here) more people like (again) quite possibly will die, but we will have to let them go because we dont want to think that our punishing them caused them to attack again.

Originally posted by --zeSto--:

Except he forgot to thank

Canada. .[/b]

Ya know what? I'm a Canadian, and I'm fucking happy he didn't thank us. Not only do I not want to be involved in war that was most likely provoked by the US anyways, but I don't care who thanks us or not, as long as we helped.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a logical way to end terrorism, but I think people that are all uppity over the fact that we didn't get thanked or called a friend of the US, are losing sight of the fact that innocent people are dead. And for what?

" aaaaaal we are sayinbg is...."stop the hippie vietnam crap. this isnt the same.

everytime someone says we may go to war all the youth flock to the places where they can quote has beens directed at things that arent relevant.

i watched all thses kids talking about "we shouldnt kill anyone...not even bin laden.. put him in jail....but killing is WRONG. hugs, not guns!"

man fuck that.

i agree that killing is wrong but get this.

bin laden wants you dead.

dont equate bin laden with someone in vietnam.

equate his ass with hitler.

sometimes violence can curb an even bigger violence. im no republican. i hate the damn govornment, but this shit has to end or there are going to be more.

and if you dont stand up for your right to disagree with me on this board, your kids are going to wonder why.

Guest dukeofyork

ah yes, the food not bombs crowd...

we've given out more than our share in both, or so id thought.

a lot of people still dont seem to get that binladen doesnt want you to live any longer than he has to let you. even if you are out in the streets protesting screaming at the top of your lungs make love not war, you live in the states and he wants you dead. so keep arguing in his defense, it just may make his job easier if enough people start to agree with you.

Originally posted by dukeofyork:

these people are really upset at us because our government and people have been amazingly successful and think we have something personal against them, this is why your (insert title of family member here) died in this attack. .

No that is not why they attacked your country. Try reading some alternative news sources instead of the mush cnn feeds you. They didn't attack canada and we have the same rights and freedoms as the usa. Canadians are successful, we have lots of money as well, and we were not the target of a terrorist attack. Open your ears and eyes.

I think the people who caused this should be punished, but just because someone kills my mother and father, I do not want some other inocent kids mother and father to die senselessly because of it. I would not feel any sense of justice from the deaths of others.

But I've said all of this before and I'm tired of this, so I'm going to try to make this my last post on the topic of how to get even, and the reson for the attack.

Guest dukeofyork

thats pretty sweet there bro...

you can tell me im wrong because of where ive gotten my information, but you cant tell me why it happened can you?

would that happen to be why you dont want to post anymore on this topic?

so until you can bring proof of another reason, what am i supposed to go by?

trusting you that they attacked us for another reason?

why should i put stock in what you say? give me some reasons here.

Guest dukeofyork

and when it comes to innocents being killed, you obviously have never been around when a REAL war is being fought. in war there are no innocents, and you want to know why?

cause in a war in a situation like this the people that arent helping the taliban fight us are going to be killed by them, just like if you live in the us the taliban (if they ever get here) will kill you for being a pussy. osama bin laden gives not one fuck if you still are breathing at the end of the day. i dont think innocent people should die, but they do. it happens everyday, and it will continue to happen. if we do nothing about it it will bite us in the ass. i honestly wonder if gw knows what he's getting into sometimes, cause this is a huge task, but if we dont send a message that we wont tolerate for little fucks like osama attacking us it will only get worse. but you can continue to cry make love not war if you want lush...im sure osama will give you a hug...then one of his friends will probably give you the 9 ounce present right between your eyes..

ill bet he even bought the gun and the bullet that his boy gives you too...

thats pretty sweet there bro...

you can tell me im wrong because of where ive gotten my information, but you cant tell me why it happened can you?

would that happen to be why you dont want to post anymore on this topic?

so until you can bring proof of another reason, what am i supposed to go by?

trusting you that they attacked us for another reason?

why should i put stock in what you say? give me some reasons here.

ok, I didn't say I'm right, but why didn't they attack canada, switzerland, or any other country? You also cannot tell ME why this happened, but we all have our opinions. I just don't believe the same idea that you do. If George W.Bush hadn't stood up in front of the whole country and said that the USA was attacked because the people who did it didn't like your successes, and freedom would you still think that? Had he said you were attacked because the people who did it didn't like tomatoes and they were grown in the wtc, would you believe that too? Why should you take stock in what ANYBODY says? GWB doesn't even know if it actually was Bin Laden who organized this, but he's the figurehead of the enemy, and someone to blame this on. I don't really want anybody to believe my word, I'd just like them to investigate, and make their own conclusions.

I said I didn't want to type any more on this topic, not because I'm afraid of it and I don't have the resources to back myself up, I said I didn't want to because I've said all this before (just like I stated in my last post, but you most likely skipped over that in your little tantrum). I'm trying to take a neutral viewpoint and look at this from both sides, unfortunately most people are extremely biased and debates like these become stale very quickly. If you're interested in some other opinions check out http://metafilter.com they have a wide variety of opinions and articles in their news links. Oh yes, and I should add that I'm a girl, so the BRO comment doesn't really apply very well.

and when it comes to innocents being killed, you obviously have never been around when a REAL war is being fought.

I live in Canada, do you really think I've ever been near a war? Also considering most of the other kids on this board were born in the states I doubt half of them have ever been near a war either.

but you can continue to cry make love not war if you want lush...im sure osama will give you a hug...then one of his friends will probably give you the 9 ounce present right between your eyes..

you forget I'm Canadian. Bin laden doesn't seem to want us dead, just the Americans.

[This message has been edited by Lush (edited 09-22-2001).]

its real interesting reading all these 'expert opinions'.

everyone thinks they are an expert on this board, and

the sad thing is, most of you are teenagers with no

life experience and knowledge of said parties involved ie-

afghanistan, pakistan, sudan, iran, iraq.....but you still

can sit back and type out your angsty little judgements

of mr. bush like his job is a walk in the park or you somehow

have the capacity to see the bigger picture and handle the

situation better. the whole thing is so fucking complex, its

real disgusting how alot of you sit here and whip off flippant comments

like you are on the front lines of knowledge in this shit.

please. instead of coming on here every 5 minutes to see

if someone has disagreed with you so you can bust out some

heavy handed bullshit, go dink around the rest of the net and

educate yourselves on middle east nations, the us's foreign

policies over there, and the reason these sentiments of hate

against us are so prevalent and seemingly out of hand.

don't be so quick to spew your elementary judgements until

you have a better handle of this situation and the ramifications

of it.

Archived