bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Dude is bound to catch one in the jaw for that. What an asshole. I sent him a long email about trying to take a more positive approach to working with the cyclists and the city to get bike lanes on roads with heavy traffic. We'll see if he replies.

Cinnamon- sorry to hear the news. Keep ya head up!

Tearz- Damn dude!!! You're a machine! Sounds like you have those legs working over time. The rides sound nice as well. You're making this guy feel lazy as fuck...

Steve- 10th is good! Take it for sure. As far as I'm concerned, finishing in one piece is good.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ahahahaha ... I hope ol Dimitri gets kicked in the brain for that crap he calls an article. It reminded me of this article. Maybe that's why Dimitri is so mad.

I went on a ride today. After seeing 2 fighting vultures, 5 UP lines (my route goes right next to the tracks for most of the way), 2 bitchy high school girls that didn't want to share the road, 1 flat tire, 1 road-side rest stop, 80 oz of water and some 30 miles, I finally made it home. I was still sweating an hour later. It must have been at least 110 degrees with the humidity today.

Guest HESHIANDET

i wrote that dude an angry letter. anyone notice his phone #, i plan on calling him all day tomorrow...

hesh/lack of better things to do.

Originally posted by Joker

Dude is bound to catch one in the jaw for that. What an asshole. I sent him a long email about trying to take a more positive approach to working with the cyclists and the city to get bike lanes on roads with heavy traffic. We'll see if he replies.

just a fun little fact about bike lanes in major cities, the bike death to injury ratio in cambridge in direct result of the installation of bike lanes in the city, just two days ago i watched one person swerve to avoid the imminent door, seeing as swinging open a landrover door in the jungles of cambridge mass completely obliterates the bike lane leaving the rider open to traffic and or busses as was the case of the lady commuter who died not even 3 blocks up from where the accident i witnessed was... bike lanes can work with a buffer, but its ulock justice and no other way, take up as much of the road and be prepared to fight thats my plan... not to sound like an asshole bike punk or anything but if there is two lanes and im riding side by side with someone go the fuck around me... sorry im expressing carhate after reading that morons article.

carsarecoffins. so much for my new 1991 jeep cherokee im a fucking hypocrite. it wont be driven in the city tho thats for damn sure.

Originally posted by alkaline

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, nic sucks! We painted a birthday production for you. I'll send flicks as soon as they're developed.

Thanks bro...same to you.

I got stuck riding home in the rain last night. Skids are so much easier when it's wet outside.

another candidate for U-Lock justice

another Lance is not neat article:

http://www.msnbc.com/news/785267.asp?cp1=1

Yuh know, its been years since I had journalism classes, but I remember actually having to do research before I opened my mouth and said something...much less put it in print.

Like one of my friends said...they just don't get it.

side note: I got to see the overall results of the race series I just completed....8th overall. Quite pleased with this. I really feel like I'm gonna be on when cross season rolls around.

Guest HESHIANDET

I built my first wheel yesterday. It took a really long time.

isn't it the fucking shit though. i love it. don't swet it man, i got a few sets under my belt and i still refer to my diagrams, sometimes a brain fart can cost you an hour. worst is thinking your on a roll w/ the shit and then on the last set or something you realize you fucked something simple up like the orientation and have to take the whole thing apart and start over. i think about trying to start a wheel building business everyday. i could zone on that shit all day long.

Yeah, it's cool though. I really do enjoy working on bikes.

I bought my lady's fix-r-upper cruiser today. I'll post a picture of it in the next couple of days. It's the ugliest color brown you've ever seen with yellow trim. It's straight ballah. She was so stoked. Side note: we got it at this thrift store, and while I was checking out the bike, I saw a little bit of cash on the floor. I told her to pick it up. A few minutes later we realized that we were $75 richer. Tonight we went out to dinner.

Steve- 8th overall... nice!!

I was reading through some TDF coverage and saw this little bit and knew I had to share with the group...

-The U.S. Postal Service team was jubilant at the start village in Cluses. There were plenty of smiles and back-slapping all around. A group of American fans who call themselves "The Cutters" chanted riders' names as they came out of the team bus for the morning sign-in.-

I think I'm finally back on track... or close to it. Last week I had 150 miles in... all hills. And I feel pretty good. Not as strong as I did in May, obviously, but good enough to be racing again. I miss giving my race reports...

Guest TEARZ

congrats lance and us postal for a job well done. and congrats to mcewan for taking out zabel nicely in the green jersey competition. bring on #5, but let's make it a little more interesting next time.

i managed to get in almost 300 miles this week even though i was out of town and bikeless for three days. my training is certainly getting back up to speed. for a while i was feeling burnt out and tired on the bike, but now i'm feeling real strong. i need to race soon. i'm caught between racing this weekend or going to watch the nyc cycling championships... i dunno man, it's not everyday that you get to see lance, cipo, and a whole bunch of other great riders in person doing their thing... we'll have to see.

...I saw a little bit of cash on the floor. I told her to pick it up. A few minutes later we realized that we were $75 richer. Tonight we went out to dinner.

Damn you! How come you always find the big bucks?! The most I've ever found was $7. You suck!

I did 40 miles yesterday...all hills biotch. Today I'm hurtin'.

Tearz... I say go to the Cycling championships. You can ride any day but like you said, how often do you get to see Cipo race for the line? And 300 miles this week so far and off for three days!!!??? You're making me feel weak!

Yes indeed! Hats off to lance and the whole team. Amazing rides and great team work. I'm glad lance recognized the team on every occassion. A true leader. And I think if Ullrich comes back to cycling, next year will be much more interesting. Especially if Ullrich and Simoni ride the tour.

So I decided to try out my new clipless pedals yesterday. I was feeling a bit brave, so I went mountain biking instead of trying them on the road first. Well I gotta say, I did pretty well considering it was the first time I've ever been on clipless pedals. I did fall over a few times, and one was a little embarassing, but nothing major. That is, until I decided to ride this other part of the trail (which I found out today is nick-named Cambodia). I was on this wicked descent, and I washed out. I managed to clip out, but that didn't save me. I flipped over the bars and turned sideways. I landed on my right side, with my feet pointing to the top of the hill, my head pointing down, the bike on top of my right leg, and my body conveniently wedged into a rut (which I later realized was created out of a half buried car tire). I was stuck for a couple of minutes. I got banged up pretty bad, but no lasting damage. My bike is a different story. I spent 3 hours taking it apart, cleaning it, repairing it, and putting it back together, but it's still making a clicking noise that will just have to wait until tomorrow (when I'm on the clock). Good times. Not sure how far I rode, but I was out there for almost 4 hours.

That $75 didn't go too far. We just bought groceries and went out to dinner once.

i got bored yesterday and decided to take apart the piece of shit bike i found on the side of the street (or stole from a bum, depending who you ask)...

well, leave it up to beardo and his apartment to not have a pair of pliers, wire cutters or even a hammer, just the following:

1. 3 ended skate tool

1. screwdriver

1. utility knife

1. 3 in 1 oil.

1. half assembled skateboard

ok, so surprisingly the skate tool worked on alot of the bolts. the screw driver was able to unscrew, pry or mangle, quite a few things. since i didnt have a hammer, the skateboard was used to beat the shit out of the old break/shifter levers, handle bars, seat, cranks until they either broke, were crushed, or chipped the shit out of the board. some attempts were more successful than others. the utility knife proved basically useless. it wouldnt cut through the cables and seemed to only function well as a sharp object to accidentaly step on with my bare feet. the 3-1 oil wasnt nearly as good as some WD-40, but i mean, it was that or smuckers stawberry jelly. yeah, i went with the oil too.

anyway, now i have the majority of the bike taken apart, but since i cant cut any of the cables, the bike isnt so much 'apart' as it is just hanging from a bunch of wires, being difficult to move around.

ok, thats all.

just thought you guys might be interested in the shit i have to go through in order to get a working bike around here.

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by bl4ckh4m

need some 144 spoke joints on that

actually i need new rims in general mine are all fucked up. but i have the 3 speed hub... thats whats up!

vice has the green one but it has a flat.

lata

http://www.phatcycles.com/red1a.jpg'>

OH YEAH! (from Phat Cycles)

I've recently had this facination with choppers. I want to get/build one so bad.

Still recovering ... I woke up this morning and discovered all the places that just hurt the day before now have nasty bruises. Also, I think I fucked up the freewheel on my bike when I crashed, because it's still making noise (grinding and clicking). I got in trouble for working on my bike while on the clock today. It's okay to fix another employee's bike for free but not my own ... go figure.