bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

al id get sidis. i have vittorias and i have seen diadoras pull the sole right off, probably due to the fact that clipless arent made for track bikes but what the hell can you do, sidis are in short... the pants. they are the best shoes ever made. they are comfortable and stiff how they do it ill never know. if you are getting pedals for a fixie you need times everything else pulls out... but for a mountain bike thos egg beaters look sick as hell.

sorry for slacking on the tour info... im being lazy and having way too much sex these days and riding my bike.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest TEARZ

sidis are the shit. i have dom2s and energys and they are top notch.

jobe, tomorrow is where all the shit is gonna go down in the tour... you better have a report. two category one climbs, ending going up the tourmalet to la mongie... come on man, that's gonna be good. the points race is also very interesting between mvewan and zabel. you have to like macewan; he's at least human unlike zabel, and he's definitely faster. and he gets to wear that ill australian national champ jersey.

i'll be at nyc cycling champs on aug4. and if dudes are really serious about a cutters warriors team, i'll do it, but i'm not a drinker.

yo hesh$, you wanna do me a favor and ban that other tears for stealing my name and being an overall class a cornball? thanks, brah. :)

Guest seno.oner
Originally posted by TEARZ

sidis are the shit. i have dom2s and energys and they are top notch.

jobe, tomorrow is where all the shit is gonna go down in the tour... you better have a report. two category one climbs, ending going up the tourmalet to la mongie... come on man, that's gonna be good. the points race is also very interesting between mvewan and zabel. you have to like macewan; he's at least human unlike zabel, and he's definitely faster. and he gets to wear that ill australian national champ jersey.

i'll be at nyc cycling champs on aug4. and if dudes are really serious about a cutters warriors team, i'll do it, but i'm not a drinker.

yo hesh$, you wanna do me a favor and ban that other tears for stealing my name and being an overall class a cornball? thanks, brah. :)

tearz: agree with you on the banning of the other tears hes an asshole, but on a more important note I just got OLN today in time for the mountains. getting up at 9 tom. to watch.

how do all of you think lance will do considering hes only 24s behind gonz. when at the same time he was like 34minutes back from the leader. i actually wanna see a battle for the win instead of all out domination.

I just finished watching the first mountain stage. And I have one point of disgust that I'd like to bring up. It concerns OLN and their Ride of the Day choices. Like today... they chose Lance Armstrong. Sure, Lance had stayed with Heras and Beloki to peel away the rest of the peleton, but the Ride of the Day should have gone to Roberto. When Rubiera looked back and Roberto and said "okay buddy, your turn" Roberto took off. And then held that tempo the whole way up the hill. Even had a few explosive jumps in there as well. In my opinion... he won the stage.

It was also sad to see Jalabert get caught so close to the finish. I was really hoping he'd win the stage. Dude works so hard. Though I was happy to see that Levi Leiphiemer got shot out the back. Mainly because He's talked so much shit about how good he his. And how his chances for a podium spot are pretty good. He's a great rider but com'on. I know ego is a big part of cycling but dude has issues.

Overall this stage was inspiring to watch. Watching Heras wwork like a dog to get his captain in yellow was enough to make me want to burry myself next time I ride up a hill.

i just made a similar comment to joker, in my tdf2002 column, about jalabert... he looked like he just found out the devil doesnt give refunds or something stupid depressing like that. and tho i do agree with the rider of the day comment that it was actually herras who put in more effort than lance, there is something superheroic about a guy with one testicle proving to the world that he can not only keep up with the best but he is the best. i think about the whole team strategy vs personal glory scenario alot in the tour i think seeing as most riders are in the peloton the team strategy is really only a moral role player rather than this giant physical feat that it is played out to be. lance didnt draft off herras i think he looked at it as more of a support system, so as not to discount the whole usps effort, i think that if any of the usps riders were on par with lance he wouldve let them take the stage, lance is a humble rider always has been. but this is just my opinion on the psychology of the sport... i know that if i was on fassa bortolo just seeing those silver jerseys ahead of me would give my legs the little extra kick they needed to keep up. i think it is completely psychological and very much like physical chess.

and as for kick... joker lances legs at the end of that stage had more sprint in them than i have ever had, and this was after a somewhat difficult mountain stage. an uphill sprint to the finish cmon only he could pull that off.

Originally posted by TEARZ

yeah i saw that. whats up with that?what a punk man.

i want oln, i feel so left out of the tour. i just read velonews online reports everymorning to stay filled in.

Guest THE LAW

seen two guys get sent to the hospital today...shit is hectic out here for sure.

alke,

THE LAW made the jump to hollywood shoes and pedals recently on the low budget route...cheap ass performance forte pedals and some lake shoes (comfortable, waterproof, all black) MX 125...all for around 60 bucks. no complaints so far

CRAZY FROM THE HEAT...

Guest TEARZ

joker, i couldn't agree more... heras was the one that really destroyed that group... it was 30 seconds or so after he took over at the front that gonzalez de galdeano and most of that pretty large group ate complete shit and fell off. i read the tour post first, sorry for redundancy.

my knees are fucking killing me...

1 -- Lance Armstrong's ranking among world cyclists in 1996 before he was diagnosed with testicular cancer that spread to his lungs and brain.

3 -- Children he has with wife Kristin. Son Luke, and twin daughters, Isabelle and Grace. All children were conceived through In-Vitro Fertilization as Armstrong's chemotherapy left him sterile.

3 -- Consecutive Tour de France titles won by Armstrong, tying him with Greg LeMond for the most wins by an American in the 2,250-mile race.

4 -- Percent body fat Armstrong carries. Shaquille O'Neal has 16 percent.

5 -- Months after his cancer was diagnosed that Armstrong began training again.

16 -- Age Armstrong became a professional triathlete.

20 -- Percent chance that doctors gave Armstrong to recover from advanced testicular cancer in 1996.

32 -- Armstrong's resting heart rate. The average resting heart rate for a man is 70 beats per minute.

33 -- Percent larger that Armstong's heart is compared to the heart size of an average man.

85 -- Armstrong's VO2 Max rating, which measures the amount of oxygen the lungs can consume during exercise. An average healthy male might rate a 40.

2,046 -- Number of miles in the 2002 Tour de France. Shortened this year in the hopes of lessening Armstrong's advantage.

6,500 -- Average number of daily calories burned by Tour de France riders over the three weeks of the race. Active people might burn 3,500 daily.

3,000,000 -- Amount in grant money for cancer programs and research distributed by the Lance Armstrong Foundation since its inception in 1997.

taken from sports illustrated..

I'll get a pretty good deal on the shoes and pedals through work, I just have to pay a couple of bills first. Then I too can experience the joy of falling over in front of groups of people. Hehehehe.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, nic sucks! We painted a birthday production for you. I'll send flicks as soon as they're developed.

Guest seno.oner

what happened with lance today? I wake up and check OLN online and he's 30th, but is still the overall leader. The course looked like it was more for the sprinters rather than the climbers. Did anyone watch it? --- get me up to date.

Guest HESHIANDET

you may be able to smash it out from the bottom w/ a dowel and a hammer. unless its fancy...

i watched the tour yesterday on a fench channel w/ english subtitles. Lance's french is on point incase you didn't know. dope.

Guest HESHIANDET

holler tearz, i don't ride at all.

nashbar is pretty good price wise, but it has its draw backs. like right now im waiting for them to send me packaging so i can send them a rim back. i ordered 2 32 holes rims, what i got was a 32 and a 36. fucking christ.

howdy all...i haven't been home much this past week. but i did get in 75 miles on the bike only being able to ride 3 days i had a bunch of work stuff going on and a girl i knew i died on tuesday and shit just made me sick to my stomach she was 17 years old and drunk with her freind also drunk driving and they crashed and she died and the driver is in a comma...shit really makes you appriciate life and all you have...so be smart out there and dont ride drunk either.... but next week should be good my little brother (11) is going down to clemson GA for junior nationals on aug. 4th im not going to be able to go b/c of work any way you have to be a cat 1/2 to race in the espior (19-23) and im far from that but i'll let you know how he does. lance is hard as nails

Guest TEARZ

that sucks cinnamon. i hate hearing that stuff; unfortunately it seems to be a regular occurrence if you're in the 16-25 age bracket.

back in the saddle again...

oh boy. i've been slipping the past few weeks, but i attacked with a vengeance this weekend. i just got up, rolled out on saturday for a solid 85 miles, came home, washed the whip and practiced wheelies on the track bike. sunday, i'm up at 830 to go riding again for a group ride... i fucking puncture about a mile from home on my way there, so i go back and change the tire, and of course by the time i get to the spot the fucks are already gone.... i was 20 mins late at that point. so i just roll with it and try to find them at different spots that they might roll through. by the time i notice, i'm 35 miles into my ride and a solid 30 miles to go just to get home. i thought my legs were gonna be for shit on sunday but i felt great. i mean ridiculously good, i felt like oscar sevilla or some shit. about 10 miles from home i picked up a fast group. i saw them about 1/4 mile away, and bridged the gap, working hard at 26mph. i caught them, said what up and all that, they were all fairly serious riders. before my turn off was a very large climb, and i just straight dropped those cats, and they were only like 15 miles into their ride... so i go home, then go for a mucka ass mountain bike ride with my little shit cousin who thinks he's roland green or somebody like that. i was feeling it a little bit, but overall, i felt super strong.

that all changed when i got up this morning. since i was cool on sunday, i thought i just wasn't gonna hurt. i don't know what it was, but i felt like some fucking bitches were giving me charley horses all night while i slept. the first 10 minutes of my ride to work were complete agony before the tightness started to subside.

but i did another short ride tonight, plus 20 mile commute, plus an hour on the trainer tonight. i'm back into it. it feels fucking good.

yeah, when I was in that age bracket...I seem to remember that being a regular occurence. There were like 7 kids that died (from my class) before we graduated high school. fukked up shit.

Tearz...glad to hear your back in the saddle again.

Finally...I'm seeing some results. I've been riding my ass off the last couple months waiting to see some improvement. Did a race on Sunday in the heart of the blazing heat. The race was at a trailhead I've ridden a million times. I swear I've never used the big ring so much in my entire life. Sad thing is I've been riding the road bikes so much...I've apparently lost my technical skills. The really rocky shit fucked up my cadence and overall rhythm. If it hadn't been for this section I think my placement would have been a lot better, but I finished 10th...so I'll take it.

Guest HESHIANDET

holler fellas. cinnamin, i can relate all to well. keep your head up man.

my boys bike got stolen, APB on a blue bianchi w/ campy "head to feet like woah".