bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

oh that doesn't hurt my feelings too bad. he ONLY saved $90! grrrrrrr, oh well i got a bony ass so whoever buys a seat off me better be ready for some serious assprintage. ha

I don't believe in stealling, but let's just say I "come across" bikes... Just recently "Came across" a Trek... nice... also got some shit called Cherry Bomb or some shit... not bad... and a whole shitload of frames in my basement I'll never do anything wit...

------------------

There comes a time in every mans education when he reaches the conviction that envy is ignorance: and Imitation is suicide.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

i don't know how b-town is but in philly the messengers are all pretty tight. if someone sees some ganked shit it usually gets ganked back. Kinda weird but i know of a few occasions of this happening. good luck.

hesh are you sporting the green dickies? my man seems to think the messengers have the green dickies on lock out there. school an un-educated fella

Guest TEARZ

back up there. dopest thread on the board. reread all 4 pages and finally found where hesh was talking about the selle italia. getting mine soon, i'm probably getting a flite gel, not that i necessarily want the gel (seems gimmicky), but i can get a good deal on one that matches my bike real well. some of the tri-color flites are beautiful though.

Guest HESHIANDET

i give bmx dudes alot of props. that shit is way crazier and painful than skateboarding and what not. just not my cup of tea anymore. (gave that shit up in the 7th grade due to 2 broken noses in a row- OUCH!). As ceo of this topic i guess i aprove of bmx discussion but im going to have to confer w/ my associates devilush and boxcarwilly.

Fr80- thats some funny shit, green dickies eh? i don't, i got some blue ones and a pair of black ones. i don't have them cut into capris like most people do. Im afraid that might attract too many friendly men, if ya know what i mean.

green dickies are definately a thing tho i think boston is the city of double kneed carharrts and with dickies coming out with the double kneed pants its gonna be a two knee winter.

tears DONT get a gel seat you will hate it on long rides they just dont settle right they are for old ladies who ride donwn the block. i know i am a vegan and all the crap that comes with that but brooks saddles are fucking amazing take care of one and youll have it forever.

races in hartford were alright i guess...

hesh... i may be making a move if i dont get an apartment here... tho i have a job offer i think with one of the best companies in the city. praying.

Guest TEARZ

bounce this...

jobe thanks for the advice. i actually already got the saddle though but only paid 20 bucks for it new from a friend. so, even if it sucks i can sell it for more. haven't put it on yet cuz the bike is in the shop. i'll let you know what i think; if i don't like it, once i get a job i can buy a regular flite. or something else.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

i give bmx dudes alot of props. that shit is way crazier and painful than skateboarding and what not.

I could refer you to a slew of skater that would disagree... call it what you will, but still... they get 10 times the props that roller bladers do

------------------

2 Can Sam

carsrcoffins. and all that.

why all the anti-mtb. sentiment? you cant find anything better than fat tires for hopping curbs, potholes and the homeless. granted, i doubt i'd want to ride a giant DH bike through town, but then again, i never would have bought a giant in the first place. for those looking to get cheap mnt & road parts and find out what seems to work well try roadbikereview.com and mtbreview.com

2 nice bikes:

http://home.fuse.net/biketrials/warlock.JPG

http://home.fuse.net/biketrials/MahBike.jpg

------------------

"oh, i shall be condemed to hell for every sin but littering." -m.doughty

give me a track geometry any day over an oversized mt crap. mt bikes belong on the mountains and not in the city, the same reason a hummer doesnt belong on broadway... they are overbuilt and waste energy, boston is the worst city according to bicycle mag for riding and it still makes more sense to ride a single speed skinny tire. if you are in ny i could see something like an urban assault bike so you can ride down stairs and all that stuff but i see far too many over built downhill bikes which do nothing for the appreciation of city riding. get a single speed get cromoly and feel the city that lives underyour wheels. shit nothing is as bad as the cobble stages of the giro d'italia and those guys dont even think about shocks.

road bike love.

keep your fat tires where they belong off my god damn streets.