Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

the krytonite you got on the 2nd bike is the better of the two locks. On those on guards the U-Bar is strong but what isnt is the part that the u-bar locks into. On those particular they are mostly made of plastic. A good square headed welding hammer couple good hits and itll pop right off. On the kryptonites that particular part you cant get off with the same hammer 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Banok1 said:

the ulock only goes through the tire not the frame in itself all i would do is undo the quick release and leave the one tire. especially if you leave it in a big big rack  where theres multiple bikes with quick release tires all id do is find one thats similair and take that tire off one bike, undo the quick release on the one where just the tires locked and just mix n match to get it out of there. 

The idea here is that even if you remove the skewer for the rear wheel the u lock is too large to fit between the rear triangle and chainstays. So you will not be able to remove the wheel, the u lock will still be stuck in the frame. 

The rear rim, tube and tire could be cut freeing the u lock but I doubt thieves would go that route instead of moving on to an easier mark. 

Now i gotta go and try and see if it works  I dunno man on the skinnier tires like 600's i think their might be enough space to still get the tire off. But i think if i were to try this out on my 29er that that may work just cause of the width of the tire. Or if you were to let the air out of the tire would that give enough leeway? 

Edited by Banok1

You guys listen to anything while riding? I know it's kind of a faux pas because you need to hear what's around you but damn some of those long rides can get... Dull. 

Ear buds I have can't cancel out the wind noise. You guys recommend any? 

Sony used to make some pretty low-profile buds. Check out what they do. JBL also do some but I don't like their sound.

My knee is bung so I'm off the bike at the moment, but for my riding playlists check out MonkeyFishBum on Spotify and see my Electronica and Riding Rock playlists.

• Props 1

4 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

You guys listen to anything while riding? I know it's kind of a faux pas because you need to hear what's around you but damn some of those long rides can get... Dull. 

Ear buds I have can't cancel out the wind noise. You guys recommend any? 

I'm too paranoid but I know a guy who rides with a cheap pair of ear buds with the left ear cut off.  He listens to mostly podcasts when he's riding.  I have a hard time listening to music even on the indoor trainer, fucks up my cadence. 

• Props 1

@metronomeit's not something I would be doing in traffic or on hills. Mostly for the time on my ride where I'm on a flat bike path between routes or whatever. Slayer on decents might be nice.... But I'm thinking I will most likely fall in line with your pal and jam some podcasts. Pic from today to break up wall of text. 

IMG_20190817_181148_357.jpg

• Like 1

@metronome thanks dude, I'm still stoked with it after about a year. Sorry about to poor photo quality so you can't zoom in too good. ?‍♂️ 

Those Canyon frames are so beautiful. Their designs are impeccable. And their colors/graphics aesthetics are hitting me in all the right spots. I'd love to own one but I'm over 50 years old, now... so I'm relegated to ride titanium until I retire from riding altogether. Ha!

• Props 1

@JokerI like it very much. I was worried about buying online but it worked out. I was especially worried because I usually ride an XL 58-60 frame and all of their stuff said I should buy an L. I trusted them and went with the L and it and it worked though! 

• Like 1

On 8/24/2019 at 8:52 AM, Joker said:

Those Canyon frames are so beautiful. Their designs are impeccable. And their colors/graphics aesthetics are hitting me in all the right spots. I'd love to own one but I'm over 50 years old, now... so I'm relegated to ride titanium until I retire from riding altogether. Ha!

I’m verging on 50 and am desperately trying to cling on to my mountain biking. My knees seem to have other ideas though. 

• LOL! 1

9 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

I’m verging on 50 and am desperately trying to cling on to my mountain biking. My knees seem to have other ideas though. 

Agreed. When I push myself on a ride I feel the effort the next few days in my knees. Hard coming to grips with the realization that I can't go out on the bike and ride four hours at a high intensity anymore. I go out for 2-2.5 hours and I'm done. 

I need cold weather clothing suggestions for someone that doesn't do Spandex and doesn't have large amounts of spare cash. I'll happily go secondhand etc. I've got gloves, caps etc, but want a solid jacket and pant recommendations. Does not need to be cycling branded clothing.

What's your roll out wear?

What kind of temperature you talking?

I have a black nike windbreaker w some reflective bits I will wear over a zip up hoodie. 

@delv

Cool as fuck.

I'm not really a car guy but I enjoy design and engineering. His ^^^ shows on his custom builds are fucking awesome as there's no silly reality TV crap like concocted arguments between staff, looming dealines and whatever. It's all just him showing what he does. He did a full concept car with some Mexican dude based on a Porsche boxter chassis over about 7 episodes. It was amazing to watch.

rode long and far today

fresh air was nice

no cars on the road was great

was able to take the center lane most of the day

B00BAD66-3029-4BD4-BD83-BC6AEEADF90F.jpeg

• Like 4