Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Wow, no, not without pre-existing damage from dropped chains, etc. You haven't dropped the chain down in between the cassette/cog and spokes, have you? This can chew and put small nicks in the spokes and when you corner hard the increased strain can make them pop. Have a look on your spokes and see if you can find any pre-existing damage that may cause failure.

Where exactly are they breaking, at the rim, the hub or in the middle? Can you send pics?

appreciate the help.

it's broken at the hub, which is where all my breaks have occured. MS paint arrow points to the broken spoke in case it's not clear

9T6ySQw.jpg

MJq2Hg7.jpg

Popped on the inside of the hub, not really sure, mate.

Maybe check the tension on the spokes and make sure they're not imbalanced. You'd expect a bit of a buckle in your rim if they were though, I guess. Sorry I can't be more help.

I got a Giant hybrid. Back tire is flat. Next stop: drunken trips to the bar a few blocks away and back.

Popped on the inside of the hub, not really sure, mate.

Maybe check the tension on the spokes and make sure they're not imbalanced. You'd expect a bit of a buckle in your rim if they were though, I guess. Sorry I can't be more help.

no problem, appreciate the help anyways.

Hahahaha, that's awesome.

Been back on my SS bikes smashing the single track lately. This luxury of gears, suspension, dropper posts and lightness has been spoiling me. So it's a month of single speed stomp sessions to keep me real.

Picked up a couple of 5000lm SolarStorm lights off Ebay as well. It's getting dark here at 17:30 these days and I don't always get the time to ride before then. Kind of looking forward to doing some lone night rides, should be something new and challenging.

With bars that low do you guys seriously ride a bike like that daily or are these just track/road race bikes? My back hurts just looking at them...

I do. I've been mountain biking a fair bit this summer.

Realized I really truly love my 26 far more than my 29er...

Blew my knee out training for a 24 hour enduro race. Been off the bike for over a month now - I was pulling up too hard when clipped in and grinding hills on my single speed. Heartbreaking being off the bike like this. Going from beating the shit out of myself 5 times a week to no exercise at all has even stopped me from being able to sleep properly. Sucks.

I do. I've been mountain biking a fair bit this summer.

Realized I really truly love my 26 far more than my 29er...

What are the greatest differences for you and what are the two bikes that you're comparing here?

26er: '99 Schwinn Homegrown hardtail (6061 alum frame), 3x9, XT/XTR set up, Hayes nine discs (these are garbage, btw), fox vanilla R, Mavic wheels, can't think of the name

29er: Rocky Mountain Hammer 29 (reynolds 725 steel frame), 1x9, XT components, Race face cranks, Formula ORO k24 discs, Reba Race fork, sun ringle black flags

So both hardtail xc builds, obvious differences in gearing and frame material, but the geometry is where the difference lies.

The 26 is just so nimble and I feel like I can carve corners and pull cleaner lines with it.

The 29 is faster, but far less nimble. I almost feel like I'm floating on the Schwinn, even at lower speeds, whereas the RM feels like I'm on a horse...

got one of these cheapo gran royale bikes for commuting in skirts and/or crappy weather

not the aristocrat below, but cogsville or some shit.

not bad. but not even a little fancy.

i think nashbar made it. which i guess makes it a huffy.

very cheap though. can't remember the last new bike i saw under 2 hundo

cylcus-bike-shop-520x306.jpg

I have been bicycle commuting to work for the past 2 months or so, its good, 27 miles round trip.