Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

What are kind of helmets are you br0's wearing? I had a little spill this fall that resulted in a concussion, and since winter never arrived in the mid-Atlantic region (60 degrees today), I'm still riding without one. I've been getting more serious about cycling over the past year, doing longer rides frequently and such, so I definitely think I need a helmet now. I tried a few on today and found the ones I tried to be bulky and awkward as hell. Suggestions?

I think I tried on a Giro today, just didn't like the way it looked and felt, it was close to an inch thick. Maybe I should just resign myself to the fact that I look like a dick riding a bike to begin with and that a helmet isn't going to make me lose anymore "cool" points.

Edit: And that it's there to save my life. Man, I can be so fucking hard headed sometimes, pun intended.

vanity > being alive and/or functioning.

your call dude.

you're gonna look a lot cooler when you get up after a spill, than when your family has a closed casket funeral because you caved your head in.

I've got this thing (Specialized propero II). Cost me about $120 but everything I've read indicates that a $40 helmet gives you the same protection, with less ventilation and probably a little less comfortably/ uglier.

large-SPECIALIZED%20PROPERO%202%20HELMET%20RED.jpg

Specialized Echelon, their lowest model has worked great for me and doesn't look hideous either. I think its like $50-60.

Ive got a Bell Sweep I got on sale. As said before all helmets are as safe as each other. More money=better looks, more ventilation, less weight. But find one you like the looks of and doesn't feel all retarded and shit because you won't wear it. And always remember the Three-Point System

There is nothing worse than freestyle fixed gear bullshit.

A. Looks so bad (so slow and low)

B. since when is cat walking no longer fun enough

C. Stop fucking up the ledges...we need them for skateboarding.