Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

picked this up last night for $100

2mjvrp.jpg

friend of mine got it on sale from a bike shop but didn't ride it much, this will

be my first bike like this. all i've owned in the past was bmx and mountain bikes

hahahah WTF..

cannot see you on this.:lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the last three years I've been designing custom paint options for SAGE Titanium customers. Definitely fun to work with customers to come up with something they love and are excited to ride. Here's

Lap around the lake today

fall! 

Posted Images

Yeah looking at that makes me want to get my frame soda blasted to bare aluminum then cleared. Ive got a thing for raw aluminum haha. Soup you know those bikes?

Was hoping my 130mm stem would be here when i got home from work tonight so i could throw it and the bars on my frame and the wheels from my other bike on and get an idea of what the new ones gonna look like. But it wasnt :(

Friends of mine used to have both of those bikes. They were great. I wish i could remember exactly why they were great but I just remember them being really fast practical bikes. And those hollowgrams were the lightest stiffest cranks on the market. If i could find either one of them today I'd buy em.

rubbish!

how'd everything go?

bummed i missed out -- been too busy.

Choc, SSCXWC weekend was awesome and probably the most fun I've had in the bay area yet.

Friday was the East Bay MTB ride and I finally got out to those trails off of Skyline/Joaquin Miller. Pretty damn sick on an SSCX bike, especially climbing up Tunnel in one gear with the fast guys. On one downhill section in the trails there was a rock garden and I (always riding in the drops, naturally) had way too much weight over the front coming into it and went over the bars to land on my feet/walk down the rocks, while my bike went aiming towards a ravine but stopped via a well placed tree branch. Other than that, awesome trail ride and good to explore more East Bay stuff.

Saturday was the qualifier in SF. First checkpoint: coffee and beer stop at a bike shop on Market. Second checkpoint... race from the bottom to the top of California St., in traffic, while Mike @ MASH filmed you from a motorcycle. Awesome. Had mad vertigo at the top... that hill starts steep and gets steeper. Other notables included sprinting up Lion's Street Hill to the 500+ stair set, then shouldering the bike and running up the stairs to the top. Me and another PDX guy tag teamed for the 1/2 there, as the first two people to the bottom were also the first to the top (passing is nearly impossible because of the narrowness involved).

Saturday night was Pixie Cross... racing in a basement parking garage on kid's bikes in a homemade cross course setup complete with a pallet table top. By the time my heat was up, the kid's bikes were so thrashed as to be barely rideable, so I spent the majority of my 'race' fucking with the guy in front of me, throwing knees and elbows, putting my front tire into his rear and all around being a real turd :D

Sunday was race day. I did the SSEAW race in the morning and led out the field, but flatted about halfway into the first lap and continued riding that flat out on a course I didn't really preview. Coming near the finish I asked the crowd (and by asked, I mean screamed) where the pit was, but no one really knew and I never found it so I pulled out.

Repairing the flat was a piece of cake (just had to pump some air into the tire and let the tubeless sealant wash into the puncture), so I got ready for SSCXWC by heckling racers and doing beer/cider handups.

SSCXWC was a real shit show, much like the big SS fields at our local Cross Crusade series in PDX. The course was "among the muddiest I've ever seen" (according to an SF friend I stayed with), but mostly standard fare for the PNWers among us. Good, slippery, light mud; none of that thick peanut butter shit. The start was Le Mans style and at the bottom of the longest, steepest, most slippery run up on the course. The result of this, of course, was a chaotic stampede where even if you fell forward or backward on the runup, the momentum of the crowd would carry you upright. Totally awesome. Finding my bike was a hassle as some heckling spectators apparently fucked with some of our shit while we were at the bottom of the run up: if you watch closely at this video, you can see me running forward and then turning around against the crowd to find my shit:

The race itself was super fun, and the course at Golden Gate park was in my top 3 favorite ever. As far as results, I passed plenty of people but only finished around 70/150 racers, which is cool but could probably have done a bit better via a better start.

One more race this weekend, then the season's done :(

adjusted the bars, tightened the chain, aired up the tires and rode 11.3 miles last night with a couple of homies

ommo.jpg

only thing that bothered me was my butt, after talking to some friends that ride a lot they

said it's just something you just gotta not think about and push through. my legs are fine,

i am constantly up and down stairs all day at work

new parts checklist:

grip tape

wider pedals

add front brake or move rear to front

other than that the bike rides really good, i know i have nothing to compare it to but i

enjoyed the ride and plan on riding it a lot

I picked up my first fixed gear today, 2008 Raleigh one way, with a flip flop rear hub but I don't plan on riding the freewheel. Immediate plans are for clipless pedals and ditching the rear break. The chainring seems a bit on the small side too so I'll probably address that shortly as well.

Here she is:

raleigh2.jpg

And side by side with my cross check:

surlyandraleigh.jpg

This is currently my daily driver, it's an old Cannondale sr900. Originally these came with a Campagnolo group but mine came with the Shimano 600 groupset...it's a pretty decent bike, aluminum and it rides pretty stiff...copped it for 60 dollars like 5 months ago...boy, what a steal.

2qlzuqu.jpg

What's an average ride mileage wise for you guys? Average speed, elevation gain, etc? I just started using a tracking app on my phone and have been surprised at some of the results I'm getting and am somewhat curious as to what everyone else has. I usually ride 3-4 times per week, my normal route is 36 miles and I do a "long" ride of roughly 45 once or twice a week. I'm averaging about 17-18 mph with 2000 - 2500 feet of elevation gain. Is this about average? Below average? I have no aspirations of ever doing any kind of competitive cycling, I'm really just curious as to where I stand. I know a couple of you dudes are into racing and such, so some input from some of the more leisurely riders would be appreciated.

I think thats kinda like asking if your average heartrate is the same as someone elses. That being said i was doing about what you are doing when I was riding more. I had to take a month off to take care of some shit but now thats done ill be riding more, but still less. LBS has a 30 mile winter training ride ill be doing when I can.

On that black and gold one: dude should get a shorter stem so he doesnt have to slam his saddle forward. *shakes head*

Gonna go take some pictures of my jointzZz

375221_297995316900446_100000699393428_988881_2118115452_n.jpg

the single speed. Completely stock (except for the Fizik arione) Dawes SST-AL from Bikes Direct. Bar angle is retarded so that I can get along with the drops.

386064_297995653567079_100000699393428_988882_142767511_n.jpg

This is the new girl. 2011 Neuvation f100 frame set, rival RD, cheap specialized shallow drops, 130mm reynolds stem. Gonna also get a rival FD, and force crankset and shifters.

One of my reasons for asking is I'd like to do a group ride with my lbs at some point, I just don't want to show up and get dropped and feel like an asshole however. I'm riding a 15 year old tri bike and to be honest a bunch of dudes on $3000 carbon fiber race bikes all kitted out is a little intimidating. /nh

One of my reasons for asking is I'd like to do a group ride with my lbs at some point, I just don't want to show up and get dropped and feel like an asshole however. I'm riding a 15 year old tri bike and to be honest a bunch of dudes on $3000 carbon fiber race bikes all kitted out is a little intimidating. /nh

I can totally understand that. Call the lbs and ask about it. Theyll tell you how long it is and the average speed and route. Group rides aren't races. what I mean is their not trying to put on a ride that people dont want to go on, if that makes sense.

only thing that bothered me was my butt, after talking to some friends that ride a lot they

said it's just something you just gotta not think about and push through. my legs are fine,

i am constantly up and down stairs all day at work

that butt discomfort might be from your saddle position. In my experience if your saddle is too high or low, you feel it in your legs, and if it is too far back or forward you feel it between your legs. First ride i took on the winter bike i built up felt like i was going to make myself sterile, moved the seat forward about a cm and now it super comfy

i'm shaking my head at you for thinking that stem length somehow affects where the saddle should be. get educated.

too long of a reach so he had to bring the saddle forward to compensate? if thats wrong, whats going on?

Butt soreness is something that will go away.

^i remember seeing that before, good stuff

fucking rain, havent got to ride in a few days. i tried riding some paths that

snake thru a friends apartment complex the other day when it was barely wet

but even at slower speeds i was sliding all over the place