bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

"Each Biker whip is braided directly to a quick release clip that can be attached to either the brake or clutch lever. With a quick downward pull, the biker whip can be released quickly in case of "emergency." We recommend an application of Clear Nail Polish to preserve the finish of the clasp and for enhanced rust resistance."

"Please note: Biker Whips are sold for decorative purposes only."

step 1: yank

step 2: smash

CX roll call list...........

Who's getting stoked for the season?

You know I'm getting stoked. Already been riding the bike, doing some drills. I don't have the fitness I had last season, but I don't care. It's going to be fun, anyway. Rubbish... you doing singlespeed this year?

Soup... I haven't gone to the doctor about it, no money (deductible) to do so. I'm chalking it up to food and efforts. I didn't eat very much that morning and the efforts were tough from the moment the group met up. I think my HR just rose super fast and then I stood up and tried to react to the attack. I'm not sure but I'm thinking it was just the right recipe. I've been fine, since.

Rubbish... something to consider, I heard rumor that the A's were moving to 1pm for Crusade, and possibly all CX races in Oregon. Not sure of the reason, didn't ask, but I'm kinda glad because I didn't want to wait till 3pm to race every weekend. So if the A's move to 1pm... I'm not sure where the SS race will be reshuffled, and if that will slow your roll in prepping the same bike.

Interesting...

Yeah my idea for racing SS on my geared bike is to keep the derailleur on for chain tensioning, use my Surly SS cog in the middle of the cassette where the 17t would otherwise be on a regular cassette, have two 25t cogs on either side and spacers across the rest of the cassette body. If that works (the only mystery is whether a 10 speed chain will mate up with a Surly cog), I should be able to swap between SS and geared in about 3 minutes.

Is anyone else on endomondo yet? I just used it for the first time today. Kind of a fun way to see which of your friends is putting in the most miles, where they're riding, who's faster, etc. There's a bunch of other nice features like ghost laps, split times, HR monitor connector, and contests to win swag by clocking the most miles.

I geek out about these kinds of things because i lack the will power to push myself unless i have a computer massaging my ego, telling me i can go faster. I just uploaded my ride from endomondo.

I can't decide what i like more. Endomondo's "Set A Goal" feature is really nice. Before your ride, you can set a distance goal, a time goal, a calorie goal, beat a friend, compete along a downloaded route, or race against yourself. Then while you're out riding, your iPhone will speak to you, telling you how close you are to achieving that goal. Its kind of nice having some woman in your ear saying things like "You've gone 4 miles in 40 minutes. Estimated time of completion: 18 hours."

Stravia's online features obviously blow Endomondo's away. First of all, they've named every tiny fucking incline things like "Surge of the stallion." Then they compare how fast you attacked the surge of the stallion (nh) to other people's clocked times. THEN they tell you how those times compare to people of a certain race category. Good lord that's like seven layers of ego massaging.

I dunno here's the two to compare

For the geeks here's the two to compare

http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/rp3GnFkiOWs

http://app.strava.com/rides/1268374

If this shit was around when I was giving cycling a break two or three years ago, I never would've stopped riding.

Edit: Hahahaha looks like Count Chocula's setting lap records on the East Ridge. You must've killed like 12 dogs.

Just swapped out the Deda Pista's on my Concept for some compact road drops and shaved a cool 55mm off the steertube/slammed that stem/went to a 140mm. Feels good man. Pics soon..... track racing is the only thing I can do right now in lieu of having a road bike so I'm stoked to get out again tomorrow night. I did a race Sunday and took third in the 3's, but that was the first race back from having a freakish crash a year ago where my front wheel ejected and I went straight from the wall to my head. Banking on a good result tomorrow but it's probably gonna be a 1/2/3 field, so we'll see how it goes.

New cross frame just shipped in today (!!)