bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

have any of you had to sell a bike?

I just had to make some car repairs and the total was $2100, fucking lame.

I have a baby coming anytime and I am the only one paying the bills for the next month +

so I actually thought of selling my Single Speed.

I am riding my road bike to train for a ride from SF to LA so the SS isnt getting ridden too much. I dont want to sell it but I need to make some loot.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sucks ralph. I havent seen your SS but between craigslist, and SFFixed.com you'll sell it quick and not have to deal with ebay. SFfixed is a good place to find people to sell to but its a community based forum so most people give out bro rates on their gear. CL is good for making money if you can wait a week or two to sell.

Its been a long time since I've worried about this but Rubbish, whats up with nutrition these days? I was thinking of getting some hammer gel and whey powder, but I thought I'd check in with you first to make sure your nutrition advice is still the same. Hammer seems to have gone fucking apeshit with the product lineup so Im wondering whats going on. Lots of antioxidants, amino acids, etc. Anything good?

rosscustombuild.JPG

here is another one i just finished for a buddy.

the bike was donated in horrible rusted condition with latex paint just slathered over everything.

few days with a parts washer and sandpaper..

took the frame down to the bare aluminum and shaved off some cable mounts and repainted it with some good ole rusto then hit it with some automotive clear coat.. found all the parts in the back of the shop including some decent mavic rims.

threw some old but still good tires and tubes on.

the only things that are new are the brake lines and bar tape.

cost about 40 dollars total in materials for this build.

• Like 1

I dont get why everyone fears the drop bars. Guys like the looks of track drops but dont use em, and girls are ruthless about how much they think drops suck, so I understand the risers-on-roadies contingent.. but bullhorns?? I ride sphinx until my forearms get tired, then drops come in for the save, or when its windy, or steep. Cant do anything with bullhorns.

I dont get why everyone fears the drop bars. Guys like the looks of track drops but dont use em, and girls are ruthless about how much they think drops suck, so I understand the risers-on-roadies contingent.. but bullhorns?? I ride sphinx until my forearms get tired, then drops come in for the save, or when its windy, or steep. Cant do anything with bullhorns.

True that.

Nutrition... everyone is different so it's hard to say. I have found that eating a decent breakfast and drinking just XOOD mixed with a NUUN tablet is good enough for me. If it's a super long ride I'll take a food bar that has a 4:1 ratio of carbs:protein... it also must be gluten and dairy free. That's just me, what works for me.

I've tried GU and ClifShots/Blocks but that stuff doesn't do much for me. If I'm in need of a spike of energy I've found that the Enrvit gel packet is incredible, but it's basically crack in packet. You're flying for half an hour and then all you can think about laying on the couch.

That sucks ralph. I havent seen your SS but between craigslist, and SFFixed.com you'll sell it quick and not have to deal with ebay. SFfixed is a good place to find people to sell to but its a community based forum so most people give out bro rates on their gear. CL is good for making money if you can wait a week or two to sell.

Its been a long time since I've worried about this but Rubbish, whats up with nutrition these days? I was thinking of getting some hammer gel and whey powder, but I thought I'd check in with you first to make sure your nutrition advice is still the same. Hammer seems to have gone fucking apeshit with the product lineup so Im wondering whats going on. Lots of antioxidants, amino acids, etc. Anything good?

Hammer is pretty much all marketing IMO. I personally don't really like their gels (PowerBar and Gu taste better/go down easier), and most of their supplements/protein/recovery stuff can be had by other companies for cheaper/better stuff. With that said, if you like the taste of some of their stuff (HEED comes to mind), go for it, but keep in mind you're paying a premium and there's really nothing that separates them from any other supplement/protein powder company.

In general, supplementing with antioxidants is inferior to getting them via diet.

What exactly are you looking for / trying to do? You were buying some serious bulk on Trueprotein.com for awhile, no?

Joker, where you getting the Enrvit from?

When I used to use it (years ago) I would get it from River City. I haven't touched the stuff for at least five years.

I agree that diet is more the way to go than supplemental. However, having a drink with something in one bottle and water in the other does work for me.

My diet consists of no gluten, no dairy, no sugars (as best I can), no processed foods. Mostly vegetables and lean meats. Every once in a while I'll make a burger and use some gluten free bread. It's tough trying to teach myself about the right carbs and proteins and when to eat them. Still don't have it down.

I'm basically on a Paleo diet.

So i officially went clipless. Went on a 20 mile ride the night i put my pedals on, didnt move my seat up to account for the cleats and the next day the inside of my right knee was tight and a little sore. So i moved my seat up about an inch and went on a 40 mile ride sunday and sunday night/today the outside of my right hip is tight and sore. Im comfortable while riding, nothing hurts, saddle feels good like how it was when i had platform pedals. Did i just move my seat up too much? Cleats not in the right position? Right leg longer than the other? 58cm frame fits me (can measure inseam if that helps 6' tall), riding single speed with a freewheel, in the city, shimano road shoes/forte road pedals. Never had this issue with platforms and straps.