bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
So are the clips on the bottom of the shoes that go into the pedals universal? I dont mind buying pedals, he just has those lying around and said i could use them to get me going. Are road shoes just really really stiff as opposed to MTB shoes having more flex?

Listen to these guys about the style of shoes, do not take their advice on your cleats. SPD stand for shimano pedal design and SPD cleats will only work with SPD style pedals. You need Crank Bros cleats, they'll sell them at your LBS or be able to order them. They will run you around $30 for a new pair, and you'll want a new pair. I have used SPD, Crank Bros, and Time extensively and have been riding clipless for around 6 years. Time is my favorite so far but SPD comes in 2nd. I really wanted to like the crank bros and have tried three different types of pedals (mallet 2's, candy 1's and acid 2's) for both DH and XC riding and I still don't like their design. SPD's really *click* right in and out, whereas crank bros kinda mush in and tend to pop out too easily (for me) on tough climbs. It's all a matter of preference I suppose but Time's seem to be a good marriage of the two, as for road racing style pedals I can't speak for them cuz I've never tried em (look, mavic, etc) but I wear mtb shoes all the time. Be it on my single speed, road bike, mtb, cx etc. so don't feel weird about wearing mtb shoes on the road, they're practical.

• Like 1

Ive got some keos ive been using for a while, and a pair of eggbeater SL's that are awesome. The thought behind the keos is that you have more contact with the pedal, but if you have shitty/city/mtb shoes that have more flex in the sole whats the point?

Steel eggbeaters are great. Priced right. Reponsive click. Perfect float. Get in and out of them when you want. Sheds mud like a mafucker. Dont get the new steel eggbeaters, get the old ones if you want that "click" feedback. I hear the new ones have too much float too.

Also if you're talking shoes i have a pair of adidas road shoes and mavic tempo. Adidas owns Mavic and the construction on them is identical. The mavics are the most comfy shoes I own, and the best bike shoes I own. And they dont look retarded. Except when im riding my motorcycle.

Also buy on ebay. Both the tempos and the eggbeater SL's are on there for cheap. You're looking at about $200 total for both.

Edit: Read you just need the chews. And $80? Fuck off. Fine here $67.

mavic_razor_shoes.jpghttp://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_519349_-1___.

Nashbar has your Crankbrothers cleats too so you come in before shipping at $87.

And then theres this

http://www.bombhillsspeedkills.com/2011/07/crazy-awesome-bikamper-tent.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BombHillsSpeedKillsACogblog+%28bomb+hills%2C+speed+kills%3A+a+cogblog.%29&utm_content=FaceBook

Bikamper-Tent.jpg

Bikamper-Storage.jpg

Aloha friends,

My girl wants to get this bike and although my immediate reaction is, too much $ for what it is, I want to ask your opinions as I guarantee that the heads in here are way more knowledgeable than myself.

http://publicbikes.com/p/PUBLIC-C3?position=tile10

Let me know what you think, and if you happen to think of a reasonable alternative, please do holler.

Aloha friends,

My girl wants to get this bike and although my immediate reaction is, too much $ for what it is, I want to ask your opinions as I guarantee that the heads in here are way more knowledgeable than myself.

http://publicbikes.com/p/PUBLIC-C3?position=tile10

Let me know what you think, and if you happen to think of a reasonable alternative, please do holler.

get on craigslist and find and old girls bike for 50 bucks imo.

• Like 1

dude on the bike up there looks like fausto coppi, but i forget/can't find the evidence that it is actually him.

___

shoes: mtn shoes typically have large soles and recessed cleats which would make it difficult to mate up with most road pedals. however, i'll bet there are combinations out there that work just fine.

i hate cramps.

every time i ride more than 30 miles at a time i get a vicious cramp in my inner thigh right leg. god damn it sucks. it stll hurts today. motherfuck!

one of you super duty tuff work motherfuckers got any advice? besides drink water and eat bananas fools kept saying that last night and im like yo havent you been paying attention did you thinnk those were fucking yellow hotdogs i was eating earlier???? hahah.

i hate cramps.

every time i ride more than 30 miles at a time i get a vicious cramp in my inner thigh right leg. god damn it sucks. it stll hurts today. motherfuck!

one of you super duty tuff work motherfuckers got any advice? besides drink water and eat bananas fools kept saying that last night and im like yo havent you been paying attention did you thinnk those were fucking yellow hotdogs i was eating earlier???? hahah.

sounds like you got tight hamstrings. try stretching them out after rides.

hydration goes a long way and it's not just about water or bananas. electrolyte replacement during a ride is key: get fizzing tablets (nuun, hammer and gu all make some), or drink coconut water (add dash of salt and it's a potent sports drink).

diet before/after riding also goes a long way, i've found. my cramps have gone way down after i started eating more vegetables every day. you can also try supplementing with magnesium (a deficiency can cause leg cramps), and most people are deficient in that anyway from what i understand.

sometimes when it's really hot, you can't really avoid the cramps, just do things to delay the suffering. when it's above 95 under high humidity, all bets are off unless you grew up in that shit or spent the last few months riding in it.

• Like 1

sometimes when it's really hot, you can't really avoid the cramps, just do things to delay the suffering. when it's above 95 under high humidity, all bets are off unless you grew up in that shit or spent the last few months riding in it.

heat/humidity definitely played a major role.

i was drinkin powerade and water all day but then started on the king cobra when it was chill time. probably didnt help. riding around when the heat index is like 110 is pretty bunk but unless i ride at 10pm or 4 am every day its kinda unavoidable sometimes.