bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest HESHIANDET

all this chit chat, where have i been? you guys all ready said anything that i would have about whels and hubs and the whatnot. as for the pedals, i ride some kicked down ritchie jawns. not a whole lot of people around town ride clipless. they think im crazy but its sooooo much nicer on your feet. and it has givin me even more stopping power....hmmmm what else? the cmwc's are in budapest i'd love to go but i don't think i can swing it. If anyones going ,et me know though, i'll try my haredest to scrape $$. there is a weekend thing in hartford coming up. i think i might go visit my family and see how the boys do it in ct. sorry to hear about your ride joker, the beaded one told me you were into bikes but alcohol made me forget.

[This message has been edited by HESHIANDET (edited 06-17-2001).]

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nah we're not going to the budapset thing. although, we might got to the yearly new york races, i think in august? not sure yet. but i know i'll be racing in the timbuk2 races here on the 4th of july. we might pull out the good ol tandem for that. racing on a tandem is always fun. oh, but fuck! oh that sounded not right. but someone bought the bike before i did. shit. but i'd have to go with the phil wood hubs, they are guaranteed for life.

[This message has been edited by Devilush (edited 06-19-2001).]

Guest HESHIANDET

i'll dig the flyer up and e-mail it or post it or some shit. notice how i'm not working right now, i rule, i've discovered driver rated overtime jobs. three of them puppies pays what 10 regular jobs would.

this is four hundred i think and this post is hanging out on page two i dont like that...

list of things i need to spend money on:

rain fender

new stem (short with a ton of rise)

a downpayment on an apartment and tons of room to store bikes.

as well as seeing how come the fucking small alien baby that has grown on my back as a result of my crash is still alive and kicking after a week.

400 woohoo

Guest HESHIANDET

ahhhhhhh yes a rain fender....everytime i walk into the shop i find something better to waste my money on. then i kick my self as soon as it starts raining.......to the top w/ this fucker. page one forever

argh page two again fthat.

bought a light endorsed by pirates so hot. skull with flashing eyes. ill have to take a pic of jealousy this weekend and post it. she looks so good in the sun.

got a rain fender too... drew tattoo type letters on it "forever family"

yeah hook that shit for hartford up.

the jay

Guest HESHIANDET

i shall bump this up again.....im listening to my dispatcher scream right now...HAHAHAHAHAHA! i hate her so much........hit me w/ an email willy. i'll send you a pdf of that flyer

Guest HESHIANDET

actually here,

July 28th

Bushnell Park, Downtown Hartford.

$6.66 entry fee. (no change will be made)

pre race skid comp., track stand, sprint around the park.

Prizes and party for racers.

there ya go

Guest HESHIANDET

is it heavy? i've heard of guys using 1/8 chain. its and old thing to do i guess. they defintely don't make the shit anymore. I want new shit and its sooo hot.

Guest HESHIANDET

christ i go away for the weekend and i gotta dig this fucker up...sheesh. i've been doin good w/ a plain old sach's chain, got a few months on it, isn't stretched out too bad (YET)...anyway, i rode mountain bikes all weekend for the first time in a few years. I'm talking some serious single track shit w/ hardcore dudes....needless to say im sore and hurt. for some reason i approached the situation with a "i ride my fuckin bike 10 hours a day, i'm fine, this shit is no different" - WRONG! awwwwww fuggit, i want a really nice mountain bike now for the weekends. yet another money pit........ahhhhh...

you gonna be in hartford willy?

devilush, hit me off sister...

ha i havent been around lately either i found a new love (it hasnt replaced my jealousy) but she is a dancer so we dont get to ride much, but i ride to her house and home from her house... all i have to say is the rain yesterday was fuckin amazing... i got tubed (like surfing) by a cab but it didnt matter he looked back like i was gonna flip because he didnt see me i just had the biggest grin on my face... i got tubed riding my bike home from my girls house... hmmm good day???

i dont know about hartford i may be gone for europe but well see.

i am going to my parents today i may get to mountain bike, but i get all wierd jumping on a bike that isnt fixed like i forget how to ride or something... learning no hand track stands on my pink baby. waiting to get back circles no hands... hmm...

also learned no foot endos on a trial bike... i dunno gotta go ...

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

if you posted at 2:56am,

what happend to daydreams?

after you talked all that shit....

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

Guest HESHIANDET

we watched the girlies go home and then the usual b.s. of driving around trying to think of spots ensued. we capped it off w/ some fresh pretzles and some insight on how gay men hook up. I'll tell you later...

I know nothing about bikes (beyond how to pedal from point A to point B) However, so many writers I know are into racing bikes that it has made me wonder if there is some correlation between graffiti and bicycles. In the 80s I would run into Dondi in Washington Square park all decked out in spandex cycling gear with his bike and I casually try to turn the conversation towards style (like a student of eastern philosophy trying to glean the secret of life from a guru at the top of some mountain) and invariably he would reply by going into a lecture on the merits of Campangolo components, or some such thing. I would listen intently, hoping that this was some type of metaphoric parable which, once deciphered, would hold the key to my becoming the next "style master". Looking back I realize that the dude was probably just sick and tired of talking about graffiti, and that if there WAS any hidden message he was trying to impart to me, it was only that I might want to investigate the rest of the world outside of my ink-stained existence occasionally.

He wasn't the only writer I met during that period who had gone into retirement from active bombing only to become obsessed with building the perfect bicycle. Stan 153, Zephyr, Ban2, and many others, are all heavy duty cyclists. In some cases this stems from having worked as a bike-messenger at one time or another, but for alot of these guys it's strictly for sport. I have never understood the appeal of wearing brightly-colored spandex and flipped up short-billed caps with alot of Italian logos on them, but maybe once I have finally mastered letter style and graffiti loses some of its magic for me, I too will be drawn in. Who knows? I would still rather watch my "Stations of the Elevated" tape than "Quicksilver" or "Breaking Away" though...

scotch i think alot of this comes down to the fact that a real writer is a passionate person, and once they get tightly involved in something they wrap themselves in it this could come from insecurity or whatever but there is something about a bike seat in your crotch all day... some writers are obsessed with cars, music, etc we have our outlets, bikes relate to graffiti especially the italians and handcrafted because they are perfection in form and function design in its element... what we strive for in our painted environments. i dont know that dondi story made me happy...

brand new old school bianchi hat.

hats are definately key ill pass on the spandex for every day rides but for longer ish and racing it doesnt bother me... especially the fasso jerseys hmm i want to ride for an italian team and not domo/farmfrites....

well lance is faring well in the tour of switz. i gotta check the updates on that... tour de france coming up go go go.

Guest kidlugz

do you guys have any special tricks for easy removal of a tire without scratching the rim or puncturing the tube? i've been wrestling with this bitch for over an hour with no success.

diggin in the crates...

iread somewhere that along with a guy lafleur disco album that there is also a bernard hinault disco album... hmm french canadian sports stars making disco nothing better...

as for best riding music here is the survey and i know itll only be hash and i partaking in it... cradle of filth for nuts days (good for doin it to too) i like indian bhajans sometimes they make me calm... guns n f'n roses. so much stuff depends on the day... forty second skip protection is the pants.

Guest HESHIANDET

ahhh listen here sister. i take the time to remove the clipless pedals from my bike so i can ride it to spots just so i don't have to paint in flourescent yellow shoes. darn your univega, and darn my girls mom for trashing that hot girls schinn 10sp i spoke about earlier. im lame and drunk, time to paint, bye.