bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I havent even thought about going to one of the races just to watch. There's one by the polo fields this sunday from about 8:30-2. I dont have the legs so I'll be playing cross bingo.

HN%20cyclocross%20bingo.jpg

Also this popped up on sffixed for 10 bills.

DSC_0071%20%5B640x480%5D.JPG

Had it been posted before I bought the bianchi, I would've bought it and gone to bed with it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man... I love this thread.

Acer... good report on the race! That run sounds insane... you're tough for even doing it.

Rubbish... the off-camber sections sound horrendous! I heard they were bad but I didn't hear about the S-turn off-camber section. That just sounds unfortunate. Sounds like you had a nice race this week, though! Congrats on the top ten! The course sounds really fun... I think there should be a bonfire at all CX races starting in October. It just makes good sense.

that drivetrain looks fucking insane.

and why is it called a roadbike when its got knobby tires and full suspension? :lol:

the race was most definitely insane Joker, but the funny thing is im more sore from the run then i am from the ride, and i train for running haha.

my friend made a weedeater engine assisted beach cruiser for his graduation project at highschool a few years back, made a sick beachbomber for sure. but it didnt go much faster then a ss commuter. it just helped his lazy pothead ass get over the first drawbridge :lol:

finally got a decent gearing for riding fixed mtb. friend loaned me his 32t chainring and crankset to put on, ive got a 16 in the back but its way too spinny for my tastes. it should be "perfect" for mountainbiking but i think im gonna put a 14 or 13 on there. everyone rides either a 32/16 or 32/18 in the race series and i want to have a legup on everyone else.

also, learned today the dude who won 1st in the singlespeed class at that course i rode fixed with the rediculous climbing, he had a 40something/20 and ran up every single hill haha.

that videos awesome. haha

Joker, here's a pic of the bottom of the S section I was talking about.

156647_10150313086375048_879685047_15652312_5300043_n.jpg

Although the pic makes them look like beginners with chaotic handling, these were the race leaders (!) Probably my least favorite obstacle ever, mostly due to how slippery that mud was there...

Soup, I'm in the bay on vacation. What's good with riding out here?

what do yall think of the Maxxis Raze 700c-35 tires for cyclocross?

i might have a gently used pair for free, il be riding them tomorrow. how do they hold up on reaaal dusty and sandy courses?

most of the singletrack courses here are like that, with a bit of leafy/loamy mud thrown in. a lot of people ride kenda smallblocks or bontrager jones axc's in the mtb series. which have similar tread patterns.

put a 32/16 gearing on my fixed gear, taking it out riding tomorrow.

also picked up some cold gear on clearance. eleven81 arm warmers for 12 dollars, and a pair of lg bottoms for 45.

Rubbish, im embarrassed to hang out with cycling folk at this point in my game, but yeah golden gate park by the polo fields at 8:30 to about 2 on sunday. http://www.bayareacx.com/page/show/220028-race-4-golden-gate-park-cyclocross-san-francisco. I'll be there and unless choc has something better to do he'll likely be there too.

You looking for the best cycling routes? How long you here for? Where're you staying? I can definitely point you to every concievable road the bay has to offer.

Just found out about Super Prestige at GGP today... fuck, I'm bummed cuz I'll be headed back to OR at that point. Had I known about it sooner I would have packed my CX bike instead of road, and taken a later train out.

Staying in Castro Valley. Rode Redwood to Skyline today, was chill. I guess I'm meeting up with Oakland guys tomorrow...

im embarrassed to hang out with cycling folk at this point in my game[/color][/size], but yeah golden gate park by the polo fields at 8:30 to about 2 on sunday. http://www.bayareacx.com/page/show/220028-race-4-golden-gate-park-cyclocross-san-francisco. I'll be there and unless choc has something better to do he'll likely be there too.

You looking for the best cycling routes? How long you here for? Where're you staying? I can definitely point you to every concievable road the bay has to offer.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i don't know why im even in this thread, i think its cuz the foods not ready yet.

went on a ride with my fixed gear mtb with "correct" gearing for the first time, a friend loaned me some maxxis raze's which were sweet.

started out as me and 3 people from the lbs, but a bunch more people tagged along so it ended up being about 13 in our group, its the most people ive ever ridden with on a ride where everybody wasnt trying to beat the person in front of them.

a couple people fell at this one kinda tricky section and someone needed a wrench to adjust their bars and out of 13 people, 5 bike shop employees, and a shitload of seat bags only one person had a number 5 allen. it was hilarious, and kind of scary.

edit: did surprisingly well fixed. only had to dismount 3 times in 11 miles. i think i need a higher gearing though, i guess its the momentum of riding fixed or maybe the geometry of the frame, but climbing was a little too easy. this gearing would be perfect for an endurance race though