Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

You're already sold on the Chrome bag but I'm going to go ahead and add my two cents.

ReLoad makes an amazing bag. I first had their large size backpack that held everything I needed it to. Loved it. I loved that fucking bag. Then I added their large size messenger bag to my arsenal. Loved that bag too. Loved it. I put both bags through the ringer wearing them everyday for my daily commutes, either on my bike or my Vespa. Rain, snow... they held up. I had both bags for about four years and I passed them on they still looked brand new and were still solid. Sounds silly but the thing that sold me on them to begin with was being able to custom design the bag. Choose my colors and make the bag my own. The messenger bag held a six pack, several cans of paint, camera, change of clothes and lots of little things. Both bags I added the little bag to the shoulder strap and the messenger bag I added the shoulder pad. Well worth the money. I haven't had them for close to four years and I bet you they're still holding up.

I had a Chrome bag for one year... and gave it away. Just felt cheap and never sat right on my shoulder... and would often slide around which drove me crazy. All it took was for one person to come up to me and push that buckle release, the bag fell to the ground. I gave it away that night.

Saw this today on Cool Hunting - http://www.coolhunting.com/images/hypebeast-zeitfrei.jpg - kinda cool looking shoes but I don't really care for the reflective stuff, though I understand why it's there. The one off black and red Bianchi actually looks nice.

Raced tonight with the Masters. Crazy fast. I don't know why I keep thinking it's going to be easier to race with the older guys...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the last three years I've been designing custom paint options for SAGE Titanium customers. Definitely fun to work with customers to come up with something they love and are excited to ride. Here's

Lap around the lake today

fall! 

Posted Images

I have a chrome and its been holding up for years.

I have to disagree with Joker, I love that thing...but I have never had a Reload to compare it too.

The only thing is that when you buy a chrome...you get it as is, with reload you can add crazy amounts of shit and with other companies that Shai posted you can pretty much tailor the bag to how you want it. Chrome needs to get on the custom bags.

BF has a Timbuck2 that she carries and she likes it, but its the backback style not that messenger bag..she says the sling bags get in the way of her boobs.

My chrome??

I have a red one with a black stripe...its the second to largest one...(the metropolis??)

Its nice, like I said I have had it for years and when you got a lot of shit in it the quick release buckle is awesome. But like I said before it holds a lot (I pack it with gym clothes, and also an extra pair of clothes, i even use it sometimes to buy groceries and ride them home. Not just a carton of milk but shit tons of groceries) but I wish it had more small pockets on it. I will take flicks of it later but its been going on strong for about 3 years now

lets put it this way...

you have the bag strapped on tight to keep it from slipping around under your arm.

it is full to near fifteen/twenty pounds with whatever you have in it.

do you want to have to pull that over your head and arm?

do you want to count on a plastic clip?

1zbe8ax.jpg

That's a four year old clip. Its load-bearing capacity is something like 500 pounds, it's designed for heavy use way above and beyond attaching the main strap of a messenger bag. It's never popped open once. The one time I broke a 2" trovato clip was in 2002, and that was because I slammed a car door on it. It took me about five minutes to swap it out the same day.

The seat belt buckle on Chrome bags is a bad idea for a very simple reason- it's a 1/4 pound piece of metal swinging around at the end of a strap, or it's right in the center of your chest. You fall on it, you're going to break or damage something. You smack yourself in the face with it, you stand a good chance of busting a tooth. Or how about if you had a laptop in your bag and someone walked up and poked the button while you were wearing it? I know, sounds funny...till it happens to you, and besides an ass-kicking there's not much you can do.

and not-being-concerned-with-what-hipsters-think is the new being-concerned-with-what-hipsters-think.

I've been using messenger bags for about 11 years and I spent four years making them. It's not a question of hipster this or bike snob that, I know what works because I have a ton of first hand experience in the matter. My opinion is that Chrome bags are all right.... design wise they're about a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10. The problem is the buckle- without it they'd be a solid 8.5 or 9. It's a shame because that stupid buckle is their trademark, and it's a deal breaker. Also, they aren't reversible...if you want to wear your bag on the opposite shoulder you're basically shit out of luck. It just doesn't work that well.

The two most popular consumer bags (Timbuk2 and Chrome) have serious design flaws. I covered the Chrome bags...the problem with Timbuk2 bags is twofold-

-The three-panel design has two load-bearing lapstitches on the bottom of the bag with no reinforcement, with the exception of about 10% of the pro models which have a foot (an extra piece of fabric sewn onto the bottom). Without a foot the seams will eventually abrade and fail because that kind of stitch is simply not effective when used in that location.

-They use cambuckles-

474021.jpg

-to secure the main strap. Eventually the teeth that grip the strap wear out and the buckle will no longer hold the strap. That, and like the Chrome bags they aren't reversible.

Based on those two factors, I give the Timbuk2 about a 6 out of 10.

The bags I mentioned are all pro-quality, well-designed and built to last. Not to mention that I've done various repairs and custom work on pretty much every bag made prior to 2006, so I'm familiar with the craftsmanship and can recommend certain brands with no reservations.

In short, I know a hell of a lot about messenger bags...probably more than I ever expected to know, and definitely a lot more than anyone on 12 oz.

asl, kryptonite makes some pretty badass bike locks, I have a smaller one that I throw on my motorcycles disc brake if I'm leaving it unattended for a significant length of time. They also make a pretty savage chain that you could beat a giant to death with if it came to it.

The whole friends pushing the button was one of my concerns

Cause my friends are assholes

The most delicate thing in there would be a pipe, and my camera will be in a camera bag inside said messenger bag

Shai, if I went with one of your links, could I possibly get a discount?

PM me por favor

I don't really have any connections that I can pass along...about all I could do is maybe get you a deal through a shop here but that's far from a guarantee.

Bailey is probably your best bet for the money, quality and versatility.

As far as locks, get a Kryptonite mini, some locking wheel skewers-

pilss2-1.jpg

-and tape up the frame so it doesn't get scratched up.

I havent ridden in 2 weeks due to shitty work life balance.

My winter training is way behind schedule.

This was discussed pre server meltdown....but anyone want to provide a quick rundown of proteins, supplements etc I should look at getting?

Thanks.

I havent ridden in 2 weeks due to shitty work life balance.

My winter training is way behind schedule.

This was discussed pre server meltdown....but anyone want to provide a quick rundown of proteins, supplements etc I should look at getting?

Thanks.

Yeah I'll write up a quickie...

After hard rides/work outs, mix some whey protein with a fast carb. I used to use honey, now I use maltodextrin or dextrose because they're both dirt cheap and seem to work better. 1:3 or 1:4 protein to carb ratio (that's in grams, by the way). The purpose of this is to help you recover faster. Whey protein isolate is better than whey concentrate.

Supplements... omega-3's/fish oil is the shit. Reduces inflammation. May help recovery. Boosts brain power. You should be taking it anyway.

Magnesium - great way to be proactive about preventing cramps, overtraining and restlessness. Anytime I can't sleep after hard riding, it's usually the magnesium that was missing. Basically when you sweat, you first off lose sodium, but to a lesser degree calcium, magnesium and potassium. If you're not replenishing those after you work out, you're going to have problems.

That's all the stuff I use right now, anyway. Not sure what else you wanted to know.

• Like 1

The most delicate thing in there would be a pipe, and my camera will be in a camera bag inside said messenger bag

Shai, if I went with one of your links, could I possibly get a discount?

PM me por favor

Sounds like you dont need a new bag, you need new friends

I am probably going to get a reload bag next as my chrome wears down.

The novelty of a messanger bag is wearing thin...I prefer backpacks and chrome is the lose in this area, but then again I was looking at that freight baggage and their bags are winning in my book

just cause it has a little train in their logo...i like trains :)

I might be able to get you a deal* on a Freight, RH. Let me know when you want to do it and I'll pay him a visit...I'll ask if I can help out and maybe offset the cost a bit. BTW, his backpacks are really nice.

*This offer is only being extended to RH based on some previous conversations we had so no one should be getting any ideas here.

as long as the strap that goes under your armpit is also clipped, the bag won't fall off when friends push

the release button on the main strap. just saying. but yeah i would listen to shai, he knows the business

about the bags.

I might be able to get you a deal* on a Freight, RH. Let me know when you want to do it and I'll pay him a visit...I'll ask if I can help out and maybe offset the cost a bit. BTW, his backpacks are really nice.

*This offer is only being extended to RH based on some previous conversations we had so no one should be getting any ideas here.

Oh really :D

I like the train logo..and their bags are nice. really I am getting tired of messangers. I tend to over weigh my bags with heavy loads and it really sucks carrying all that weight on one shoulder.

Like I said before BF has a Timbuck2 back pack and she likes it, she said its no thing to carry heavy stuff cause the load is more evenly distributed on two shoulders and it also has a sternum strap to take even more weight off. I am really looking into getting a sweet back pack from Frieght.

Oh really :D

I tend to over weigh my bags with heavy loads and it really sucks carrying all that weight on one shoulder.

This is the reason I got rid of my ReLoad bags. After several broken collarbones on each side, over the last 30 years, the pressure just got to be too much. This is why I switched to a backpack that lets the load rest on the waist and chest instead. Not as cool but definitely more comfortable.

someone help persuade me on the baileyworks superpro medium

Just read the description on their website about the bag... shit, they pretty much have me sold and I'm not even interested in looking for a bag.

A friend of mine, who's on this site, has had a Baily Works bag for as long as I've known him (ten years?) and that thing is still holding strong.