bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

quick releases are fucking retarded anyways. two things that should have never been made/put on bikes are kickstands and quick releases.

FROM CAMPY ONLY

It was during one of Tullio's races as an amateur that he confronted a problem which often faced cyclists of those days -- removing a wheel. On November 11th, 1927, with snow covering the roads of the Italian Dolomite mountains (that's him in the photo, on that very day!), Tullio was riding over the Croce D'Aune Pass in the Gran Premio della Vittoria race and needed to remove his rear wheel to change gears (more on that below). Because the large wingnuts that held his wheel on had frozen and his hands were too cold to budge them, he was unable to remove his wheel to change gears, and lost his chance at victory that day.

As he struggled to free his wheel, he muttered five words to himself that changed the history of cycling:

"Bisogno cambiá qualcossa de drio!"

Those words ("Something must change in the rear!") and that simple event -- a wheel that couldn't be removed -- started Tullio thinking. He went back to his workshop, and emerged with the invention of the quick-release lever (in 1930) and, soon after, an early bicycle derailleur (1933).

my road bike doesnt have skewers, my mountain bike does. the skewer on the seatpost on the mountain bike rubs against my thigh, which isnt working. so i took it off and put it on the road bike. i usually dont trust skewers on a road bike, ive had wheels come off because of skewer malfunctions and thats no fun going down a hill at 30mph...

the main thing i dont like about skewers is bikes designed for skewers generally have tiny dropouts. that and theres no washer with a tab on it on the front wheel like with bolt on wheels. it just doesnt feel safe to me...

and does anyone else find it impossible to bunnyhop while riding with flats when your used to riding with clipless?? i was riding the parkpre home and it still had the plastic flats on it and i tried to bunnyhop up onto the curb and it was an epic failure.

and does anyone else find it impossible to bunnyhop while riding with flats when your used to riding with clipless?? i was riding the parkpre home and it still had the plastic flats on it and i tried to bunnyhop up onto the curb and it was an epic failure.

that means you're bunny hopping wrong. i did this for a while too. what your doing is just pulling up your legs, instead of pulling up on the front and throwing your weight forward. it just takes some gettign used to and practice to get into the right habit

that means you're bunny hopping wrong. i did this for a while too. what your doing is just pulling up your legs, instead of pulling up on the front and throwing your weight forward. it just takes some gettign used to and practice to get into the right habit

thats kinda hard to do on a road bike since your already so far forward

If you like clipless... you should try spell check. Whole new world. Yes, I'm bustin' balls.

Planned on racing tonight but with the little bit of sleep I've had the last four nights I decided it was a silly idea. Going to hang at home and do some art or something equally as stupid.

Well man, props for admitting it instead of trying to pull some facade like half of the newjacks that would have you know they've been doing it for "the last 2 years in another city" or something.

I'll give you some advice. Leaders are crap for the most part. A few of the more expensive frame sets may have potential but they seem pretty novice in their construction/company as a whole. Pistas are overpriced when you can get a Kilo TT frameset for ~$200.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/motobecane/team_track.htm This is about the best deal for a start up track bike in the game right now. The components are on point on nearly everything, the frame is a smoking deal @ $800 full bike, and nearly everything should last for awhile. The gearing is track (48x15) and it'd probably a good idea to buy a 17T cog and maybe a new saddle but that's the most bang for buck you'll find in the sub-$1000 area.