bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest kidlugz

nah. i'm not even looking for a track bike anymore. i just want a regular road bike. that used gardin is looking like my best bet right now--had a light frame and is in good cond. i'm kinda hesitant to drop 1000 bucks on a brand new bike because when fall comes around i'll be commuting to school(which is in the downtown core of toronto). i'm afraid of locking a brand new bike up for any extended periods of time cuz there's alot of shady characters that frequent the area. i'll inform you cats as soon as i make a purchase.

i had the khs stock aero wheels and stock hubs but new vittorias argh.

yeah boston is the same... all my friends saw me sulking and no bike and new something shitty happened... and... let's say if my wheels are out there ill get em back... and teeth will be on the ground.

i think i am just gonna hook up some cheap shit tomorrow at the shop. save mony and build ksyriums fixed or if i can deal a sweet set of cane creeks and a new york chain... then only then will i be happy.

but for now i am out for blood on my sun rims and sugoi hubs and hoping i dont crack the rear one.

terrible one bar code frame

pitchforks

redneck stem

primo bars, seat,cranks,hubs

alex triple wall rims

anyways my shit was tight as fuck. the only black motherfucker on a bike at the stakepark tearin shit up. then i sold my frame to get another one-stanard sta-but the order never went through so i didnt get it. then when i moved my mom lost the rest of my bike parts and i was like fuck it, i dont really wanna ride anymore anyway

yea the scene here is pretty tight. some guys thought that my boyfrriends bike was stolen (only 2 people in this whole city have that frame) and so they started to chase after the dude. come to realize that the dude really worked at a bike shop and got it specially ordered for him. but out here, the messengers look after one another. but if you fuck up with any of them (let's say like making fun of their girlfriend), they'll hold a grudge. and since most of the writers are messengers, they're all friends. i was wlaking to my bank (like i have money), but i saw a bunch of messengers just getting hot. and i stopped one of my friends and ask what the heck is up. he tells me that some kids ganked another one of their friends wheels and now is chasing him down. ahhhhh, sf.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HESHIANDET

bump this bitch back up to the top....more messenger banter-

My fuckin work hired about 4 new dudes this past week. IT WAS SOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!! all fuckin week. i went from chillin and doing around 25 jobs to FUCKING 12! 12! and thats hustling!!!arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all the bike messengers out here look like theyd be some punk ass graffiti bitches. too bad there is zero graffiti in denver and all of the actual work goes down in shitty ass boulder and boonie ass areas with cuts. i dont know a thing about bikes (kinda wish i did) but this was a good read. anyways, i still want my vespa.

i got a Kmart brand huffy dirt bike with a cool lookin tire guard that look s like a dirtbike...

my seat hurts my ass

and my brake cushioning are made of hard plastic..

i like to run over cans to make that cool realistic motorcross sound and jock FOX gear .. but i make it look cool.

i can bunny hop up this curb!it looks so cool when i do it...

i can almost do a wheelie..

but my most fav. is to go up this tree and 180 off!

Originally posted by IwearPinkShirts:

all the bike messengers out here look like theyd be some punk ass graffiti bitches. too bad there is zero graffiti in denver and all of the actual work goes down in shitty ass boulder and boonie ass areas with cuts. i dont know a thing about bikes (kinda wish i did) but this was a good read. anyways, i still want my vespa.

that's too bad pink shirt wearer! vespas are nice. i'm trying to save up for a used scooter. i'm not sure if it's gonna be a vespa. but i saw a red....something. i think honda elite used running for $300...now that's the shit. keep bumping this shit uuuup.

Guest HESHIANDET

i scored a girls schwinn 10 speed from my girlfriends mom today.....can you say bombin rig?

-oh yeah, today was really hot. i love the way people gawk at me when i roll up to their water coolers and fill my bottle up...

i got my wheels back i found the shady fucker who thiefed em... and was asked ncely not to spit in her shystie face, i stole them back only after i bought a sick pair of tight mavic track tubular rims laced to sick old gipiemme hubs... i hate my life. even tho my pik jealousy babe is on the road. oh how i love you sexy.

jobeone.

boxcarwilly....it was a girl that theifed them? oh no, she must have been desperate.

hm, the weather is pretty nice out here. i feel ya on the bombing mission though. mine's completly girly looking so i can totally pull that off...which reminds me...hm, fury, i'm gonna have to email you back.

Guest HESHIANDET

wellll i might get hated on for this buuuut,

if someone ganked anything of mine (boy or girl) they'd catch a fresh one. im not into hitting girls but fair is fair....actually now that i kinda thought about it i wouldn't hit a girl. i WOULD have spit in her face and threw her bike under a bus though, foe sheezy.....

umm yeah, its hot and im working harder than i ever have, what the fuck is wrong w/ me? I think all the new kids quit when the heat got turned on....weeeeee

hesh...i feel ya. my boyfriend would do the same thing. if anyone gets in his way, they better get out fast or he's gonna run them over or just elbo them out of the way. he's spit on some guy before. he's beat up a bum before. uh, i dunno. but he would do the same exact thing.

ha! hesh, is getting all the gravy tags! wonderful to make some money by busting your balls, eh?

i was asked by a good friend not to clam in her stupid pippi longstocking face, but basically she was told if she stole something again she would lose her boston privileges, she was ghostface three days later.... so if a stupid dirty girl named brittonie shows up in a town near you give her the stink face treatment... theivin beeeyotch.

as for this heat damn i just got armwarmers which are the best thing known to mankind and i havent gotten to wear them enough.... i am slightly pissed....

i just got sick new time pedals they are the best.

note to everyone... when replacing a spoke and poking throu font de jant replace the tape with some more.... hahaha i am a moron and fucked two tubes to that sheet.

races are coming tho that is the fun part of summer.

as for cmwc's anyone for bangkok?

As a road race junkie, I bought a Pista to clean up my pedaling mechanics and work my endurance more on the hills. And let me tell ya... after just two days of training in the hills on a fixed gear... I was a machine when I got on my road bike.

I also started racing at a Veledrome here in Portland. And the speed is amazing. Unfortunately for me, I wrecked two days ago and broke my collar bone. Sprained my wrist. Folded my back wheel. And destroyed my helmet. Now I'm out of commission for at least a month. I'll still train on my track stand though.

All in all... I have nothing but good things to say about fixed gear bikes. I just need a new wheel...

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

boxcarwilly....don't worry i'll look for her if she's ever out here. and i'll get her for ya...i can, i'm a girl. yea, i never got a pair of those arm warmers but, i hear that they are the best invention. about that tip for the spokes, yea i learned that the hard way too. but i only had to do that once and that was it! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'> i think my boyfriend wants to go to the championships out in budapest. fuggin budapest, what the heck am i to do?

* sorry to hear that you crashed joker. http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

budapest i heard they were in bangkok?

i dunno.

yeah joker that crash sucks... my yesterday crash was uneventful, khs's have no toe clearance on their track geometry, they should be ridden pursuit but whatevs... that topic was already discussed and i was pulling off the sidewalk and turning around at less than one half mile and hour and just toppled over in the middle of mass ave traffic... nothing bad just funny. i hate riding sometimes.

the pista is a nice bike, hook up a nasty back wheel if you get the cash lace ksyriums to the hub if you can those are sick and strong i just wish mavic would make aero wheels prebuilt for track.

those eight spoke pinarello wheels are crazy too... i just dont know how theyd stand up to the pressure of a leg lock or the bumpy skips or even the body sized pot holes in boston.

Ksyriums are a bit pricey, but oh so nice. My main goal right now is to get better and get back to training on the road so I can get a few races in before the season is over. I don't think I'll drop any money in to my Pista this year. Although a new rear hub sounds like a good plan. The one that came stock on the bike is shit.

Any advice on a good fixed hub? Campagnola Record?

joker--- phil wood is all i have to say best made, lifetime guarantees!!!!!!!!

argh let me tell you that when learning track bike wheelies do not i repeat do not do it on the way home from the grocery store with a metric tonne of food in your bag...

fractured wrist bruised kidneys i just sat there for like 8 minutes still clipped in.

amused but painful.

as for clipless on tracks times are the only ones that work. i dunno random bits of info.

Guest kidlugz

waahhhh. this stupid thing won't work!!! is it the same process as used in the bench?? if any of you guys can make this slut work i'd appreciate it.