Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest clockwork202

have the a old fit bike the series one it was like one of the first bikes they came out with it was probably one of the best bike frames ive owned

this is my ladys bike... we found it in a dumpster... basically...

its a specialized hemi... the only photos i could find of them online were the aluminum versions (hers is chromoly)... and hers was a lightly rusted burnt orange and white... i stripped sanded and refinished most of the bike..

05HemiPro_wn.jpg

again different colors

458343355_l.jpg

pre clear coat

bike.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

post clear coat

grill.jpg

fahrealz

589329399_l.jpg

the lovely lady.... smashortrash?

weeeeee

sorry about the glare and really, photos kinda take away from the real deal... especially these photos..

take the bike completely apart... including head set cups and bottom bracket cups... i work at a shop so it wasnt a big deal, but most bike shops would take them out, maybe for free, maybe for a small fee... youll have to get them back in also..

i taped off the areas where the cups go in so that paint didnt build up and make life hell getting the cups back in..

i stripped it down to the bare metal and sanded any remains of paint or primer off... i used a gel stripper made for metal that burns like crazy and eats through rubber gloves... it works great though,,, thats the hard part getting the paint out of the nooks and crannies...

(frame forks handle bars cranks seat clamp)

i should have primered the whole thing but i ended up not doing it.. i did many many many coats of paint... the frame is actually two tone pink.. a darker pink in the back and krylons watermelon in the front which looks like bubblegum... the "powder blue" stuff is actually teal-ish in color.. again tons of coats... and i used a NY skinny for all that due to the nature of skinnys... light coats are best so you dont get thick spots that sag... getting the whole thing covered well is an issue

hand paint the hearts and stuff on both sides.,, her name is on the downtube...

i used acrilics

pull out that ny skinny again and more than two cans of clearcoat later its basically done... it took two days to do the clear coat theres a shit load of clear on there and doing light coats that dry in between...

put it back together ride enjoy earth

if i missed anything let me know

Guest R@ndomH3ro

^^ Nice I got a Specialized Fuse that I want to "Specialize" Maybe you can pimp my bike.

I've repainted a bike before also. The only thing I did different than ilovedrunk...was primer it and of course paint it different colors sans graphics.

I know a couple powder coaters now...so I won't bother to make that mistake again.

ANybody in here ever do the Rosarita to Ensenada bike ride?

Just signed up for it... should be a good time..

It a short ride but I better get some training on.. haven't been doing anything long...

I have a mountain bike... Gary Fisher. Its pretty old.. but in good shape.

I have been thinking about a road bike.. but damn, a bit too much for me... or I just don't know where to get the deal.. or what to look for.

i think I remember seeing pictures from that ride...

Paragon? HooKooEKoo?

dude...if you have any questions...shoot me an email.

I have a 55cm Schwinn Paramount road bike for sale...what size do you need?

Its an Aquila... wow.. I jsut realized that bike is about 10 years old.. with about 5 years of storage on it and under 2 years of trail riding.... damn....

I was reading this thread yesterday and got a little motivation to hit the trails again after seeing those vids you posted... I was looking up a bunch around here

Is the sizing for a frame the same on a road bike as it is for a mountain bike... I'm not sure what size I'm on now.. I want to say 21 inch frame, so seems like that 55 may work out...(if my math is right) I'm 6'2" so its on the tall side...

I'll shoot you a email soon and see what the deal is..

yo steveaustin, that wouldnt happen to be the paramount track would it? i doubt it is, but if so, ill take it off your hands.

Originally posted by ilovedrunk@Mar 28 2006, 02:27 PM

take the bike completely apart... including head set cups and bottom bracket cups... i work at a shop so it wasnt a big deal, but most bike shops would take them out, maybe for free, maybe for a small fee... youll have to get them back in also..

i taped off the areas where the cups go in so that paint didnt build up and make life hell getting the cups back in..

i stripped it down to the bare metal and sanded any remains of paint or primer off... i used a gel stripper made for metal that burns like crazy and eats through rubber gloves... it works great though,,, thats the hard part getting the paint out of the nooks and crannies...

(frame forks handle bars cranks seat clamp)

i should have primered the whole thing but i ended up not doing it.. i did many many many coats of paint... the frame is actually two tone pink.. a darker pink in the back and krylons watermelon in the front which looks like bubblegum... the "powder blue" stuff is actually teal-ish in color.. again tons of coats... and i used a NY skinny for all that due to the nature of skinnys... light coats are best so you dont get thick spots that sag... getting the whole thing covered well is an issue

hand paint the hearts and stuff on both sides.,, her name is on the downtube...

i used acrilics

pull out that ny skinny again and more than two cans of clearcoat later its basically done... it took two days to do the clear coat theres a shit load of clear on there and doing light coats that dry in between...

put it back together ride enjoy earth

if i missed anything let me know

Greatly appreciated.

As far as I know its an old road frame. Schwinn welded canti bosses on it and repainted it...so it can now be used for touring or cross. It does have horizontal drops though.