bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Don't do it. I just went into the city for the first time since my lease was up last may and FUCK! THEY'RE EVERYWHERE! Gangster hip hop philippinos with color matching 59 fifties. Pale white chicks with the messenger stylee. I feel sorry for kids who can't pass up the 25 mph city traffic, especially when every fucking bus driver is trying to box you right into a gutter.

But since they're mainstream now, you can get a pretty sick looker for $500 with no assembly required at any bianchi or giant retailer. If you want a cheap second hand one, wait a couple years when the fad dies. Craigslist will be flooded with em.

That's my two cents. But all my city folks love their fixies, so to each his own.

damn. the fastest i went was like 45 on my specialized langster.. and i was pretty damn sure no one else could top that,lol.

Haha I was taking turns at 45 mph, then hit 52 on the straightaway. SF folks need to take bart to orinda and get up in the hills more.

edit: not that i'm bragging, or anything.

hey im looking for a pretty cheap single speed, hopefully second hand, if any one has any suggestions or predictions on how much thats gonna set me back tell me please

if you already have a road bike, just take off the front/rear deraileur, gear levers, and get a chain tool to shorten the chain to appropriate length. bingo.

or do all that and buy a new rear wheel with a flip flop hub for some real fun.

you might want to use some stripper or a buffer to strip off the paint, tape up anything you dont want painted (front emblem, bottom bracket, stem etc, assuming you havent removed them all already) prime it once or twice, after that montana works nicely, and is worth the 3 or 4 bucks to get a nice color.

just got some NJS track bars. pretty nice.

converting a geared bike generally takes a little more than just removing parts.

school is starting back up in a week, the city here is quickly being filled with hipsters on bikes. it's bumming me out. i've already had to put on the 'just cause we both ride bikes, it doesn't mean i give a fuck about you' face.

i find i ride my fixed more than my single speeds, the fixed is easier on my knees, which i don't really understand since its usually the opposite.

Yeah thats weird..Ive been riding my track bike for a few years now, and one month my knees hurt all crazy, next 3 months they feel good and like streached when i ride..I need a road bike probably solve all my problems, aside from maintainence*sp? whatever, track bikes are also fun to do tricks on, coming from bmx background.

does anyone know what you would do to repaint a bike, i dont think that spraypaint would work very well. any advice is appreciated

Spray paint is shite, all i can say is if you're gonna do it, put the can in hot water for a few minutes before using so the paint will atomize better. It's like running bad vodka through a brita filter. I'd bet with some thick-ass montana paint and up to a 1600 grit wet sandpaper you could get it to a semi-gloss finish.

somebody once told me that fixed is actually better for your knees

because it works your muscles both ways. but i suppose that would

also mean two times the stress on the knees, so i would imagine

any gain is lost and it remains a zero sum.

anyway, anybody got new flicks to share?

bumpski.

i could post other peoples bikes...but i wont.

im currently rebuilding mine. ill post pics when its done.

or maybe i wont. we'll see.

as for knees, i dont know. i have really bad knees. i had to quit playing hockey because they were so jacked up i'd just fall down sometimes without warning. ive never had any problem with them since ive started riding though. i ride a pretty hard gear ratio too (48/16). if anything, it still kills my quads. knees are all good though.

nothing i just said was helpfull in any way.