bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Hablamos...

Depending on your weather situation in the winter months, you may want to consider a Cross Bike. The good thing about a cross bike is you get a smaller gear ratio to keep those legs spinning which is key for racing in the Spring and Summer months. Gear mashers tire quickly. With a cross bike you'll get the feel and ride of a road bike but with enough wheel clearance to add full fenders to keep you that much more dry on wet days. And you can even put brake levers on the tops of your handlebars making that easy winter ride on the tops a little more relaxed. I highly recommend Cross bikes for winter rides but I'm also from a very wet winter climate. So it makes sense for me.

Another good thing about Cross bikes... you can usually get them for pretty cheap. I think the Redline Cross bike is around the price range you mentioned.

If you want a true road bike then I would suggest something along the lines of a Lemond, Soma, Fuji, Masi, Giant... anything along those lines is going to sell a road bike in that price range that will do what you need it to. Just keep in mind that fenders are more of a pain in the ass to mount if you need to do so. Unless you go with the non-full coverage options, which obviously don't keep you as dry and the full fenders.

Just a few ideas...

Any example of a cross bike, I'll poroably still go with a road bike because I'll still be using it occasionally after winter, because is situations like, doing graffiti on your bike, causing lots of problems on your bike, or anything, roa dbikes are slightly more convinient to work with. But yeah, I'll look into that cross bike stuff. My freind rides the Redline stock fixed gear, i dont know what it's called, but I hate it.

i believe i cracked my front rim, so if anyone has an extra they'd like to part with for a reasonable price, pm me. if you have a whole wheel set (fixed) you want to get rid of, i'd entertain that as well, seeing as my hub is noisy like a puerto ricanblock party.

Any example of a cross bike, I'll poroably still go with a road bike because I'll still be using it occasionally after winter, because is situations like, doing graffiti on your bike, causing lots of problems on your bike, or anything, roa dbikes are slightly more convinient to work with. But yeah, I'll look into that cross bike stuff. My freind rides the Redline stock fixed gear, i dont know what it's called, but I hate it.

i think a cross bike would still be tight. Think of it as a roadbike with skinny mountain bike tires. which means you can go from hauling ass on the road to ride offroad without eating shit. my cross bike is the jambox. i can ride on the road, either with road wheels or the cross tires. i can ride trackside, i can ride in the woods. i can do basically anything.

since 48:16 isnt around to be pestered with my bike questions tonight, if anyone has advice on a cheap yet decent wheel set, feel free to school me. i ride everyday, but never more than a couple miles usually. i dont care about being all fashionable (ie: no velocity deep v's) i just need em to deal with crappy roads and be something i can afford.

OR, i suppose...heres my deal. besides the possibly cracked front rim mentioned earlier (dont ask how i dont know if its cracked, i dont feel like explaining), im also getting a weird loud clackety noise from my rear hub. its a constant sort of thing that never goes away and always annoys me. it seems to ride fine, its just annoying. i started toying with the idea of taking the hub apart, cleaning it, etc, but then i remembered i have no fucking clue what im doing, and the only tool i own is a philips head screwdriver. not gonna cut it. sooooooo, if anyone has a prognosis for my hub, or wants to give me an idea of the possibility of fixing it myself, im all ears. actually, thats a lie, im all man. im also very tired, so ill be reading any potential replies in the morning. god bless you, goodnight.

what up?

i rock a early 80d Bianchi touring cycle twelve speed. I been out the game for a minute. I was doing 100 miles a week innercity status, flying through rush hour traffic averaging a mile in six minutes, through rush hour mainstreets though, anyway, i wanna ride fixed but my knees are fucked up yo. so peep this game, all about the five speed rear hub with a coaster brake and a front brake, cause front brakes help when you wanna stop fast, and that shit got that ill fixie look you feel me? my potnahs rock the fixie track steez, but knees keep me out the game. i love to ride though. one love.

Should have ridden you Cannondale to the beat up 16 year olds and try and ruin their bikefest last night, would have been more cool than the bum bars, Kimmy.

i contemplated giving you a shank but i played the chain of events in my mind:

1- Kimball gives Hab shank

2- Habla or friend shanks dude who fucked with Habla's boy

Dude gets fucked up, possibly dies

or

Habla or friend gets sent to county because Kimboob lent out his shank.

I dont think I could have that on my conscience. Especially since I dont know if Habla's buddy deserved it. But if I knew you better I suppose me & mobb wouldve beat up those super hardcore rocker dudes.

Next time bring a gun.

Edit - to the haters who dont recognize the many benefits of a front shock for a fixie in a urban setting, smell a fart.

i contemplated giving you a shank but i played the chain of events in my mind:

1- Kimball gives Hab shank

2- Habla or friend shanks dude who fucked with Habla's boy

Dude gets fucked up, possibly dies

or

Habla or friend gets sent to county because Kimboob lent out his shank.

I dont think I could have that on my conscience. Especially since I dont know if Habla's buddy deserved it. But if I knew you better I suppose me & mobb wouldve beat up those super hardcore rocker dudes.

Next time bring a gun.

Edit - to the haters who dont recognize the many benefits of a front shock for a fixie in a urban setting, smell a fart.

I had to read this twice to figure out you considered helping me instead of stabbing me, but yeah, we figured out all the guys info, so his fate lays in the hands of how much we actually care about that, which is lesss everyday. Get drunk and sleepin piss crew for life.

Oh man this bike is the shit. My friend came up on the exact same one from a coca cola dealer for $300, brand new, everything stock.

you gonna keep it road bike stylee?

edit - bike is the shit! :cool:

One month and 700 miles later. I haven't done much, just new-to-the-interweb cork tape, ziptied a couple headlights to the frame and found a color matching sweat garment accessorymentnessism thing, which is rad.

Anyway I went ape shit when I got up to 52 mph on Wildcat Canyon road last Sunday. Ape shit enough to take photos of all the super dope radness on my bicycle.

IMG_0101.jpg.86dd8fb6cb5c29e8c2fc5b6a8453bf4f.jpg

We should all be riding cross bikes, because then we'll be ready for anything that comes our way.

Fixed gears are nothing but trouble. I destroyed my shoulder and neck riding one...believe me, there's very little to be gained by riding one unless you are on a track and can see what's in front of you.

This is coming from someone with eight years of messengering behind them. You should ride what's within your experience level. You'll be safer, not only for yourself but for others around you.

Just a thought.