bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

so i was just given a bike.

its a blue 1979 raleigh super grand prix.

but is in need of:

new tire tubes

chain

brakes

and needs a decent amount of time to clean of rust etc.

is this a nice bike? or a waste of time?

im going to be using it mostly to ride to/from work (15-20 miles one way)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I'd like to collectively say fuck you to the people who drive in the bicycle lane because they're in too much of a rush to sit in traffic.

So...

If this is you...

Fuck you.

Cosigned.

That was the only time I had ever been hit by a car on my bicycle. I was fifteen and it wasn't in San Francisco, or even in Oakland. It was in MORAGA, by some fucking dipshit in a Merc. She pulls out of the traffic from a red light, fifty feet before the intersection so I assume she's going to turn right onto the next road. Then without signalling hits her brakes and turns into the gas station on the corner and I go flying into her.

how about that new campy line?

http://www.fulcrumwheels.com/

i'm hearing good things.

the racing speed look alright.

however!

c50_big.jpg

only 200 grams heavier than the fulcrums (1500g). Same rim depth at 50mm. Rim is made by HED. Retail at about $899, which is bound to be a boatload cheaper than the campy. I bet the campys run for something around 1700.

and i just picked up a pair of 404's for about a 1000.

You can tell the weather is getting nice... this thread is back in action.

No riding for the last three months due to injury. Well, over training and injury combined. Get to start riding again on Sunday. Should be interesting to see how things go. My heart rate will probably be through the roof within a minute.

Have the new bike all dialed in though so I'm anxious to get out on it.

Team Issue Felt - Carbon frame & fork with Dura-Ace group - Truvativ carbon cranks - Ritchey carbon seat post & bars and their new stem - Ritchey WCS Protocol wheels ( they're a sponsor so I rides what I get ) Speedplay pedals - Polar CS200cad... gotta keep track of vitals for the coach

If I knew how to share photos on this damn site, I would.

Hope everyone is having a good start to their summer...

i'm fortunate enough to be down with sinclair imports... they're going to be picking up the fulcrums. i wandered around their warehouse in reno last week and they had a couple dozen de rosas just sitting around... but i really, really, really wanted to snag the molteni neo primato.

06NeoPrimatoMolteniOK.jpg

too bad they stopped carrying de rosa... ridleys is hot fire though.

This is what I'm currently riding. The team I was on last year rode Giant bikes and I didn't really care for them. I thought this Felt would be very similar but it's actually a really nice ride. The cat 1 riders on the team get the F1C and the 2's & 3's get the F3C.

159338247_343adac8a6.jpg?v=0

Though I still dream of the day I can afford an Eddy Merckx AXM...

merckxaxmred.jpg

This is what I'm currently riding. The team I was on last year rode Giant bikes and I didn't really care for them. I thought this Felt would be very similar but it's actually a really nice ride. The cat 1 riders on the team get the F1C and the 2's & 3's get the F3C.

159338247_343adac8a6.jpg?v=0

Though I still dream of the day I can afford an Eddy Merckx AXM...

merckxaxmred.jpg

Both those bikes are fyer.

What category do you race?