Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest TEARZ

um i just realized that i'm stupid and that i haven't changed my chain in over 7,000 miles. fuck, i might need a new cassette. also i haven't changed tires in over 5,000 miles... wtf, i have michelin pro races and i've only punctured once. i was thinking about this the other day (the first time i've rode outside in forever) and was skating over ice and snow patches.

yeah, still shitty round here. I went ahead and put the bike back on the trainer. I think its about time to move, I can't take this lousy weather anymore. I'm beginning to think those 100+ days in Arizona...wouldn't be all that bad.

dont let your girlfriend ride your bike ever!!!

ive been riding my bike ever since ive moved out of america and i love it. well recently i moved north into the mountains, where the weather is pretty bad in the winter so it was obvious that i couldnt ride my bike anymore. also they have this wierd snow deterent which shoots jetstreams of water all over in order to keep the roads ice free. don't ask. so i bought a car and reluctantly let my girlfriend ride my bike. i could quickly see that she was incaple of riding a bike even with training wheels but she insisted that her 110 frame needed to lose weight so i said fine but please be careful. after 2 days of riding she calls me to let me know that she was hit by a car. luckily she wasnt hurt but the rear tire was bent. she blamed my bike saying that the steering was horrible and the brakes were retarded. hmmm? it was fine when i rode it. i went to go pick up my ruined bike and the whole way she complained how the brakes didnt work and she rode right in front of the car because they didnt work. when she tried to turn left it would go right and when she would turn right it would go left, the brakes and gears are difficult to reach. huh????i get out of the car look at the bike, then look at her, then look to the sky and say oh my god!?? lord have mercy on her soul. the handle bars were backwards and she rode like 3 kilometers that way without noticing the splash gear on the wrong side, the brakes at her thumbs, and the gears backwards. i laughed the whole way home but my bike is ruined.

^^^^ oh my... i laughed out loud for about 15sec. dude that is some funny shit really really really funny. man if i could actually find a girl that would ride a bike in the first place i'd be happy but man that just bad.. oh man..

i got 16.5 hours in this week with a killer 75mile ride today with 3 major mountian climbs... and i got the upgrade to a cat. 3 and i think i got a bit of a sun burn today.. man im still laughing

Aiight......im gonna axe some questions here because although i keep an eye on google.bikes.tech.whatever, i dont feel like registering somewhere else.

i was given an older (mid 80's?) Motobecane 10 speed that i would like to upgrade to a light/mid loaded touring bicycle. everything's intact, it seems like a good fit, but its a god damn 10 speed and the wheels although fairly decent are 27 inchers. ive got a rear rack for it, need fenders, can hook up some bar end shifters and would like to keep everything else pretty much the same.

-im told the selection for 27" wheels is so depleted and outdated that id be better off building new 700Cs, though id rathher not.

- the frame, although named the "sprintour", is showing some rust but no other damage and looks like it might not hold up under some load.

-its only a 10 speed and i was told i might be able to give myself more usable gears with a new casette. the cranks only a double.

-its a motobecane which means the whole things french threading and complicates matters more.

id really really REALLY like to keep this bike budget, but as we all know there's a point where its not cost effective to update an old bike. IS ALL THIS SHIT WORTH IT OR EVEN POSSIBLE?

I got caught sleeping. I had my first mtn race this past weekend. I'm involved in promoting them now, so I added on a truckload of work. Worked my ass off for two days straight and didn't even think I was gonna race. Seeing as how I got tha hook-up, I said fuck it and went ahead and raced. I felt pretty good the first lap. Hell I was even in the top ten the first lap. About halfway through the last lap I blew up and just couldn't push the gears. I ended up in 16th place after one of my teammates sprinted me for the finish. Fucker let me pull him up the hill and then swung around and passed me, finishing a second before me.

At least it wasn't last place. Besides... the season is early yet. At least you're out there giving it a go and giving others the chance by promoting races. Good on ya...

Guest KING OF HELL

So. I have a Puegot Carbon fibre from the late eighties. i love it but i was wondering if its going to be ok to convert into a fixed gear. it has the vertical rear drop outs and i heard thats a problem. any help here?

Originally posted by alkaline

Also ... the North Shore is #1 on the list of dream riding vacations. I was in Vancouver last summer for my honeymoon, but I didn't get any riding in.

really...

yeah it's pretty popular now. If any of you are interested in some of our local trails here, they get pretty gnarly. The video New World disorder is comming out soon, that was filmed mostly by locals in our province. People are just getting to nut's tho, 60ft+ drops. It's getting nuts!

me

Originally posted by KING OF HELL

So. I have a Puegot Carbon fibre from the late eighties. i love it but i was wondering if its going to be ok to convert into a fixed gear. it has the vertical rear drop outs and i heard thats a problem. any help here?

no dice king...

you will need horizontal (or almost horizontal) dropouts to run fixed.

first race of the season....

in elkridge md. a five mile loop with a nice gradual with a nice steap part in the climb...

i raced mens collegait A's last year i did the B's

it was beutiful day sun was shinning.

about 30 guys in my race 60miles long 12laps

raced started off pretty easy pace i was catching up talking to a few riders from last year the first two laps were nothing hard i stayed in the frount half come the third lap the pace starts to pick up a bit we get the train moving everyones taking turns pulling. come the 4th time up the hill someone has the great idea of taking off he and 3 others got a 15 sec gap then came me and then 15sec behind me was other rider i slowed a bit to let the other bridge up with me and together we pulled like animals for 3/4th a lap we didn't really make up that much time. 2 other riders bridged up with us and together we worked it and caught up to the other riders ahead. when we merged together the pack was pretty much blown apart. with still having 7laps to go we slowed the pace up a bit and a few others who were chasing caught up making the lead group around 12 riders. we went about a lap and half at a nice pace nothing too hard. we slowly picked the pace back up. with three laps to go i was sitting comfortably in the group untill chris herby (who has been dominating the races) decided to blow the pack up again on the 3rd time up the hill. luckly i was right on this wheel when he did so. but his strength proved to be too great for mine and he and another rider got a good 10sec. gap on me. 3 other riders bridged up with me and we chased and chased and chased but the they kept pulling away from us on the second to last time up the hill the other riders in my 4 proved to be stronger then me and got a gap on me. so i said forget it and had nothing left in my legs and let them go on ahead. so i put myself in timetrail mode and soloed it the last lap and half and finished up 6th... the next riders to finish was a group of 4 about 3 min. back

im really happy with my fitness level and how the race went.. i averaged 23.5mph... haven't done that in a long time...

Hey fellas! How are the races going? How are the whips holden? Road racin' season is going good so far. Hope everyone is havin' some fun.

Cinny, I never did get up with you at them time trials earlier.

Guest Anti-Flag
Originally posted by OGBforMumia

i got a mongoose. its green....and i ride it far...

no shit, me 2:D

Guest HESHIANDET

d-day april 12th.

i'll be racing 4/5 thanks......

i think i might do they 3/4 as well...

its for money....

holler if any of you guys want the info.

yesterday i did the uva up hill TT climb was about 4miles long but the first mile was a false flat so the average grade was about 6% but if you take out the false flat the last 3 miles was an average grade of 15% with the steepest section being 18% grade it was a sufferfest.. luckly the faster you went up the less suffering. i ended up getting 2nd loosing to first place by 50sec. and third place was some 20sec. behind me my time being 23:21. it was great tho and the climb was to wintergreen ski resort place.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pe3305cdefd3b005c95bc6eaaf70a745e/fc6bef0c.jpg'>

the start

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p473eb5695c8afafecb272145b559a85f/fc6bef00.jpg'>

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/p73ed3e4289fe6b0c4b71715391aba516/fc6bef03.jpg'>

there is a guy way in the back.. he started 30 sec. up on me i caught him a mile and half into the race. i also caught my 1.5min. man too

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pd0a9d22f5775caa7353263e687ec1bd8/fc6bef04.jpg'>

thats me in the way back... the guy in front started a minute up on me

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid57/pa8bb6e807e23b1f1fa88d5ef8c792d37/fc6bef08.jpg'>

i was suppose to race today.. but for some reason virginia decided to smoke crack this morning and it started to snow... WTF it's the last day of march. so at 10am when i was suppose to be racing there was 2inches of snow on the ground.. next weekend i'll be in west va... i love it more mountains...