bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

devilush sorry dude, i remember last year when dose died in boston and then like two other bike related deaths that shit was harsh.

all fallen bike couriers rip.

as for the legs to face comparison i shve my legs so so so much and my face once a week. or once a month depending if the girlfrnd is around.

seven fucking pages christ.

hells yeah cinelli that shit is dizzpe. yo i sereiously think this is the longest post ever on 12 oz. showing that bikes fuel the graffiti community or something like that.

fuck i am 24 today and kind of want to just go sit in a corner all day. i cant stand birthdays. i am gonna go ride when the sun comesup.

1.devilush,sorry to hear of your loss.its a shame when the people we love leave us.im sorry.

2.i did however recieve short cuts.thank you,very nice!!

3.bump for 7 pages

4.happy b day boxcar willy.ill have a beer and a cheers to you.

5.found out today that my shop is closing for the s.f. grand prix road race and im goin!!fuck yeah.

Dibs and the lot of you... thanks for all the answers! Definitely helps with the decisions I have to make.

Helmets... Even though I just had a bad crash two and half months ago, I still don't always wear my helmet. If it's hot... it stays home. If the clouds are overhead, it's on the lid. Although the other day I was talking to Mune on the phone and I was just about to head out the door on a nice long ride. Mune says "Have fun and don't crash."... I wore my helmet that day. I'm a roadie putting in an average of about 200-250 miles a week and I rarely wear a helmet. I think it's a matter of preference. Not to mention that I rock a Briko Twinner, and in hot weather... it's vents don't keep the lid cool enough. It looks cool though.

Shaved legs... Been shaving the legs for 11 years. Road rash cleans easily. And there's a bit of vanity in it as well. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Seven pages long... can I get a witness?

------------------

jokerihubaTranscend

For those of you who shave your legs … Do you shave in the shower? Do you use a girls razor or a Mach 3? What kind of shaving cream do you use? How often do you shave?

I shave my head, and it takes me at least 30 minutes. That’s why I only shave once a week (head and face).

-Al

7 pages ... Amen, brother!

Guest failure

relatively new to cycling, but i'm super fucking amped on it already. i ride 35 minutes to and from work everyday through the city. yeee haw.

for all the messengers:

i was wondering what city is generally thought to be the hardest to messenger in. i spoke to a writer in berlin who's worked in Berlin, Paris, London, New York, Boston, SanFran and LA and he said london was the hardest by far. what about in the states?

Guest HESHIANDET

haha, AC is just jealus because the only reason he shaves his legs is so he can look good in stockings and a pair of pumps.

old ass cities in europe are supposed to be hard. (for americans who aren't fluent in that countries foriegn language). Basically it all comes down having an intiment knowledge of your enviroment.....woooooooooow

Yes willy... happy belated!

I shave my legs in a nice hot bath. Usually with some sort of oil in there to get those little stubs of hair nice and soft. Other than that... I use nothing. And my legs are hairy when not shaved. The bath is good for the sore muscles and it relaxes. I think shaving techniques are different for everybody though. What may work for me may not work for you.

I would think Chicago would be rough for a messenger come winter time...

boston. hands down i have ridden in other cities. but as for road conditions and drivers boston takes the cake. i cant wait to go to philly and not stare into the center of the planet while riding on atlantic ave. noone pays attention, but what can you do. shit we even have a track bike built for our city by serotta... the big dig.

it is hell out there.

shaving soap and a venus. exfoliate every day. good stuff no burn. that oily shit just clogs your pores.

Guest kidlugz

one of the best things about this thread is that it's almost become a secret society--a board within a board if you will. nobody else checks this shit but the same 10 people everyday. we could plot to destory the world and no one would ever know cuz the rest of these cats would rather eat nails than sift through 7 pages of cycling chat. ha!! we're like the stonecutters.

Guest HESHIANDET

VIVA LA STONECUTTERS. what was that bike movie called w/ the "cutters"? good movie. anyways since this is a secret society i think we need to discuss this anti bike thread. that is some bullshit if you ask me. those cats don't know what they're messin w/.....word to ya momma, baby momma, and yer baby momma's momma.

man, i agree hesh. that other thread is toy. boogie hands loses points.

needless driver agression gets mad people killed everyday on bikes and in cars.

almost had a real bad accident last week in providence. i hugging the line in providence and two fucking herb thugs that i saw at a previous light threw three snapple bottles at me and my man. my boy got cut slightly (not directly hit, got bounce back off a jersey divider thing) and i bent a rim and lost a tube but managed not to eat shit somehow. severely ruined my day, and these motherfuckers complain about how their day is ruined because they have to slow down a little bit for riders.

stone fuckin cutters that is all i have to say. kill the man. noone even responded to my post i sounded like a maniacal cab driver on cromoly. i like to drive fast when i drive dont get me wrong when i step in a coffin, probably cuz my life is a death race. but in the city f that. i see hummers on newbury st hittin 55 what the hell is that. kneel em down in front of their car shoot em execution style and send the video to their fam.

this post is definately a secret society.

bikes.

Breaking Away is such a rad movie.

I too have had a few near death experiences while cruising down the side of the road. For a long time I didn’t have a car at all. At the time I was living with my dad in the ‘burbs, and I had to walk everywhere (this was before I bought a bike). It usually took about two hours to get to work. One day I’m walking down the street and I hear some guy yelling at me from a pick-up truck. I look at him and he throws a half full beer at me. The can hit me on the side right below my rib cage. I had to work all day smelling like beer and in pain. What made it worse is that at the end of every day of work, I had to walk two hours to get back home. Things like this happen to me a lot when I’m just riding my own business. Recently I have become more aggressive while riding my bike.

ulock justice.

While I haven’t had to do it yet, I’m fully prepared to do so.

Also, if you go to the Rocket Power Parts website, you can buy a Cutter’s jersey. Just thought you guys would like to know.

-Al

Stonecutters

[This message has been edited by alkaline (edited 08-28-2001).]