bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

dang, those were some very well thought over answers.well today is my day off, no bike grease on my hands, or workin on beat up huffy's.im goin to ride my mtn bike, put in a ton o miles and fly through the forests of nor cal.i live for a fast singletrack.still workin on rebuilding my fixie,man with all the phil woods talk im startin to wish i would have gotten some instaed of the suzue's i got.oh well,the distributor for my shop doesnt carry them,my suzues are super beefy.maybe the next wheele set.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

you dont read alot do you.... i have said athousand billion times SIDI shoes are the only shoes on the planet worth riding in. thats it final answer. my vittorias are crap in a bag. shimanop carbons are okay but why not get shoes made to be beat up. made to be wrecked made to be ridden and have an awesome warranty.

SIDI love.

Guest HESHIANDET

i ride these specialized "team crazy expensize jawns". comfy cause their mountain shoes, and tough, but they cant handle the punishment of a fixie as well as i thought they would..go figure

Guest kidlugz

how many of you guys wear a bucket? i've always had the attitude that helmets are lame but i'm starting to think that they're not such a bad idea. i've already wrecked myself once in the 3 months i've had my bike along with numerous very close-calls. it's only a matter of time before i split my dome wide open and end up as a vegetable.

If it were that easy, I would have gotten tons of stuff about a month ago. Sadly, not many of my friends are rich (in fact none of them are). Oh well.

I’m going to get a set of Time ATAC pedals. Can anybody recommend a good pair of shoes to go with those? It would be much appreciated.

-Al

after being hit by cars a few times i wear a helmet. my manager at work says "no brains no headache, wear a helmet kid".i tend to agree,but to each his/her own.most of the pro road racers tend to leave the helmet behind.the other day a new girl was supposed to start working at the shop i work at and on the way(her first day)she got hit by a car,broke 3 ribs,cars are dangerous.be careful everyone.and the shoes,sidi,dominator 2's.thats the shoe fo sho.mountain shoe, but stiff like road and made to take a beatting.

[This message has been edited by DIBS (edited 08-23-2001).]

heres the helmet thing. i got my charts read in india they said dont ride until september or ill die, then things got crazy and i needed to ride. so i wear my helmet, not all the time christ not enough. but i wear it.

heres the deal when you ride your bike enough you start to wake up sometimes with the feeling that you should have a lid on...but if you are strictly a downtown rider you dont really need it if you get hit you probably wont smack your head, but if you are riding out of the ten block radius, and booking you should rock one.

sidi's actions or dominator 2's

enough said.

[This message has been edited by boxcarwilly (edited 08-23-2001).]

i can agree with the "10 block rule"i mean i dont put on the bucket to go get a 40 down the street,but when i ride 10 miles to work i got it on,to many close calls not too.people in cars just arent looking,theyre talkin on the phone,eatting,putting on make up,readding,thinkin about the fight theyre in with therey significant other,hattin on goin to work,etc.theyre sittin in ther steele bubbles bouncin into whatever comes theyre way.i do not like cars.have any of you seen the magazine "cars are coffins"?i think its an eastcoast zine or something..im not sure,ive heard about it and seen t- shirts but never the zine.does it still exist?is it an east coast bike zine?anyone???just curious.

cars are coffins is a zine you can find out about it at trackbike.com there is a link to a ton of courier/bike zines. you can get tshirts, i think i mentioned this a while ago i dunno.

i am skateboarding today, you wake up you look at your bike shoes and you realize you havent worn normal shoes in three months, but walking is too slow and skating is kind of fun i guess.

Guest kidlugz

alrighty, the helmet issue has been covered. how about......SHAVING YOUR LEGS!?!?!? i've been frequenting the BICYCLING forum and all those 40+ roadies are having a serious "wuss effect" on me. they're so goddam wholesome. most are into baking cookies and being boyscout leaders. they have in depth discussions on "how far up they should shave".despite my tough guy nature(right), i find myself more and more curious about shaving my legs. i think i'm going to do it. it will make a good conversation starter.

[This message has been edited by kidlugz (edited 08-23-2001).]

shaved legs- hells yeah they make you faster. all the way just so i dont wear hair shorts. frikkin do it. get the mach 3 a new blade some good conditioner and take a long shower it takes a week to get used to the feel but godamn. do it do it. then when you spill no dirt gets in your shins or hips and you heal cleen. chicks dig skinny bike legs too when you shave you look like you have lost ten pounds. then you get good and you get smoother then your girl and laugh at her, she shaves for fashion you shave for speed.

take this for example, i think 93 tour de. france, fignon and lemond seconds apart lemond takes the yellow jersy. it was calculated after in wind tunnel models that if fignon cut off his damn pony tail and shaved his legs he would have had the splits on the tt's to beat lemond. sucks to look manly huh?

I usually don’t wear a helmet when I ride around the city. I know that I should, because a helmet saved my life (maybe not my life, but it kept my ear from being ripped off) once. The problem that I have with helmets is that they are too thick. I feel like I have a watermelon on my head, and I’m sure that I look like Toad(?) from Mario Bros. I wish they made helmets like in the old days where they fit real close to the head.

Thanks for the info on the shoes, Willy and Dibs. It’s very much appreciated.

-Al

shaved legs eh? i havent doen it,im not opposed to though.i think what keeps me from doing it is the same thing that keeps me from shaving my face more than every couple of weeks,im just lazey.alot of guys/racers at the shop i work at shave.to each theyre own.i may do it next season at the begining of raccing,who knows.i can definitly see the benifits of it.but shaving every week...stuble is irratating..its alot of work.i say if your into it,try it,if you dont like it, it will always grow back.try it lugz.

Guest HESHIANDET

i dunno, i got no problems w/ it but im not riding in tour. i don't think i'd notice it if i shaved em......whats devilush's female opinion on boys w/ smooth legs?

Hesh,

i'm not your girl Devilush but this girl's opinion is that bike ridin' boys with shaved legs are NICE...boys on bikes--love 'em; shaved boys on bikes get twice as much love.

do you know of a shop in philly where they stock bull horns? i'm curious. i always see them on bikes but never at any stores.

Guest HESHIANDET

any one will order them for ya. i think i saw a set at bikeline a while back. im really at odds w/ shops here in philly ( I HATE THEM !) I'd get em off the internet for way less money.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

i dunno, i got no problems w/ it but im not riding in tour. i don't think i'd notice it if i shaved em......whats devilush's female opinion on boys w/ smooth legs?

shaved legs, i have no problem with it what so ever. my boyfriend doesn't shave his legs. but i think that he should just in case if he scrubs pretty bad. for the majority, the riders out here have shaved legs. it's smooth, so you don't have to run into any hair. shaved, tan, muscular legs are sexy.

I should shave my legs. I’m always getting wrecked. Sometimes it’s on my bike, sometimes I just fall down drunk. Hehehe.

fellow bike messenger of my boyfriends who committed suicide.

I'm sorry to hear that, d'lush.

I got Short Cuts #3. It looks real good. Thanks

Guest kidlugz

yeah, i suffer from the same lazyness complex as dibs. i'm willing to wake up early and ride 100km in 32 degree heat, but keeping my face clean shaven is an arduous task. i'm going to go through with the leg shaving though... i'll be the sexiest writer in toronto.