bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

It was 55 and sunny yesterday when I rode... which to us up in OR is pretty amazing.

Been training with the broken hand. Put in 3.5hr outside yesterday and 3hr. the day before on the trainer. Not too bad with the cast and all, though riding in the drops is impossible and shifting the FD hurts a shit ton. Whatever. Just gotta repeat HTFU all day cuz bike training/racing isn't supposed to be easy.

Also, everyone who's ever shaved their legs or put on lycra should take a few minutes to read this: http://www.bigringriding.com/post/741407744/i-didnt-want-to-abandon-the-giro-in-the-year-of-my-retir

tumblr_l4kqeaNYmi1qbxnpgo1_500.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Jesus Christ after not cycling for about a decade this past week has been a shock to the system, I only commute maybe 4 miles to work but it is so hilly my legs feel like jelly, definitely going to have to get some good riding done when I get time off work.

It is below freezing here, even with full finger gloves I can't feel my fingers when I get to work, also need to get a new saddle, I read the boardman saddle was uncomfortable but that's an understatement.

Jesus Christ after not cycling for about a decade this past week has been a shock to the system, I only commute maybe 4 miles to work but it is so hilly my legs feel like jelly, definitely going to have to get some good riding done when I get time off work.

It is below freezing here, even with full finger gloves I can't feel my fingers when I get to work, also need to get a new saddle, I read the boardman saddle was uncomfortable but that's an understatement.

I'm in Minneapolis, every ride whether for fun, for errands, for work or school is nothing short of epic.

ive been riding a friend's gary fisher street bike for the past few months in the absence of a car, and he's taking it back starting today, and i want to buy a good bike. i'm an experienced rider yada yada but know nothing about bikes themselves, reccomendations? looking for good/cheap/simple/classy for a college student

damn. joker now a newbie? hahahaha

rubbish i hope your hand is better.. or as close as it can be to being normal.

riding in snow is ok if it isn't too deep, i totally agree

i don't mind slush that much either.

indeed, it's the ice sheets/refrozen shit that gets you.. or, me.

i've seen snow bikes, never ridden one though

img_m534.jpg

this shit loooks radical

brentor-ski-bike-snow-bike-2.jpg

Daniel... that's a difficult question to answer, which is why no one has jumped to give you one.

How much are you looking to spend? Style you're interested in?

yeah i figured it was pretty broad but i decided to give it a go.

spending wise, i'll pay what i need to but the cheaper (still functional) the better..looking 300 tops?

i really dig single speeds.

im not looking for universal truths here, just some recommendations from people who know more about it than me.

Galaxy 2 does not ring a bell to me, I am guessing that you already tried google. I want to say that Schwinn made a galaxy?

You could try posting a picture of it on this forum

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49

There was a trend for number of years where shops would make up their own brand name, buy bikes and put their brand on the bike leading to a large number of relative unknowns out there.

um you mean Belgian

merckx was belgian. merckx frames are made in italy

"The lineage of the Merckx bicycles comes directly from Italy. Started in 1981, Eddy Merckx used his friend ‘De Rosa’ from the great Italian frame building company De Rosa to consult with him technically and set the standards to produce some of the finest hand crafted frames in the world"

yeah i figured it was pretty broad but i decided to give it a go.

spending wise, i'll pay what i need to but the cheaper (still functional) the better..looking 300 tops?

i really dig single speeds.

im not looking for universal truths here, just some recommendations from people who know more about it than me.

At that price your best bet is Craigslist. Or buying a mega-cheap bike... for around $50... and then converting it with the remaining $250. If you were looking for new you're going to have to bump that up to about $500 for something less than decent, but reliable. Unless you go with the SE Racing "Draft" single speed... $290

DRAFT%20BLUE-900px.png

So ive been thinnking about buying one of those pk ripper fixed gears for a little while. talk shit say they suck whatever im here to ask a legit question. it would have cost me just over 500 bucks. BUT my friend says he can get me whatever I want at the dealer cost so i figure i can get something a little better for about the same price you know?

i dont know exactly what kind of price drop that means but anyone have any suggestions for a fixed gear?

carrrry on...

Yea up here in the north east its about 13 degrees now with snow all around. makes it hard to really ride, let alone train. i really miss riding the local mtb bike trails too. its almost impossible to ride the trails with snow on the ground - you cant even see where the trail is, and then you just end sliding around the whole time. ive just been riding the roads lately, also doing some hill repeats, with my single speed mtb bike at a slow, grueling pace - but training is training, and come spring my road bike will feel like a feather.