bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The mud 2's say 25-70 psi MAX so i guess they're alright. He said 60 psi on 30's is good and 45 psi on 38's would be fine. His worry was me bending the crap out of the rim because the roads are chock full of rock gardens, stumps and bumps. It kinda makes sense but i have no clue. I want my lower psi back.

In case anybody's worried about the cross bike not seeing use.

Moneyshot

36267_125806710815184_100001575676356_180604_78620_n.jpg

handlebars bent down because of the bumpy roads.

151017_125806924148496_100001575676356_180605_6520694_n.jpg

Also i've concluded upsloping trail with tanbark in swampy mud is the shittiest surface on the face of the erf.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - December 17,, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - December 17, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

Soup, how much you weigh? @ 170lb, I've never found it necessary to run more than 50 psi for a Mud 2 on clincher, and that's for rear only. Always below 45 up front. With my tubeless wheelset I can safely take my Mud 2's down to the 20's up front, lower 30's rear...

Higher PSI is going to make your whole body get jostled a hell of a lot worse on a DH trail, and make it way harder to handle your bike. I'd recommend running about as low as you can go before pinch flats become an issue. Wheels going out of true on trails is just the way of the world - if they're properly built, it shouldn't be too big of an issue, nothing just a couple turns in the stand can't have back to perfecto status.

And yeah, since you're not racing you could probably afford to go with the biggest tires you can fit into the frame. Since tire and PSI are really your only form of "suspension" on a cross bike, 700x38's could be pretty ideal if you can sandwich them into that rim. If not, look into wider rims in the future if you plan on staying clincher. Road clincher rims IMO don't make a whole lot of sense with cross, but with Velocity and HED doing the 23mm wide thing now, those would be good candidates.

during a recent cleaning i found some cracks in the paint where my seat stays meet the seat tube.

lame, right?

after some research i found that it's been a fairly common issue with these particular frames/years,

so i contact the company i purchased said frame from, get a form to fill out, supply some photos and am told that my frame will likely be replaced with a newer model.

/fingers crossed.

That's a pretty sweet newer model!

Looking to do some more mountain biking in 2011. I love my singlespeed MTB but I'm hearing a few of the staple MTB races can be a beast for a SS bike due to some of the hills. I might be looking for a cross country MTB soon.

I just need to get better at riding in the muck and staying upright. Cross is the shit and I want to do good again next year! My whole 2011 season will be geared around getting better for cross... LOL!!! To think I used to despise cyclocross...

$200 for the bike, maybe $250.

You got a few things riding against you on this one:

1. It's winter (assuming you're in the Northern hemi). People don't buy bikes as much in the winter, and they're not willing to pay as much.

2. It's mostly no-name stuff.

3. It's a road conversion.

But hey, there's always some sucker out there willing to pay more.

You know what's great about slime tubes? You can pop them, re-inflate them, reopen the same gash, re-inflate them, reopen the gash again, etc, all on the same ride... until theres a huge coagulated gob of slime on the inside of your tire that throws the balance of the whole wheel off and you say fuck it.

Love.

Choc you better be riding the trails man. I need to find some good ones. Im thinking of checking out the fire trails on Mt Diablo. The single track on Mt Diablo looks steep and fast as hell... with a few really harsh rock gardens and drops so I dont know if they're even crossable, but there's only one way to find out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/fosternotavailable

Guy's got a bunch of videos.

I need to learn to dismount and remount too. Might go practice that now for an hour.

Just got a lovely gift in the mail today from a Graffiti legend... a Jordan Coaching / ZephyrGraffiti.com team kit. The Zephyr tag on the back of the shorts is pure genius. I will be wearing this thing with pride! He and I connected about a year ago and got on well since we both race bikes. He's a big track racer and a cat2 racer on the road. I'll post some pics when I take 'em...