bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Scandium + carbon = fucking light.

qUsJj.jpg

Q5brU.jpg

Couple things to still work out:

-Tires: Not sure what to buy. I think I want the fattest things I can find for this my road wheels.

-Drivetrain: right now im running a 9 speed cassette on a 10 speed ultegra drivetrain because that's all I have. It works on everything cept the 11t cog without adjustment. Im not sure if I want to buy a new casette, or trade in my ultegra shifters for some 10 speed ergo shifters that I've read work perfectly with a shimano rear der and 9 speed cassette.

-Saddle: Reeally want to throw a brooks on this thing but i dunno what i should buy. I guess i should keep the fizik. He did take the time to color match the thing to the frame with celeste and red.

-Cables: Im noticing there's something not right about the cable leading into the rear brake. It looks like it's missing a barrel adjuster. Thinking about just buying all new cables and housing for the bike anyway.

-Stems and bars: Nothing i really need buy here. I've somehow collected a fucking ton of stems of all shapes sizes and angles. Still really like the looks of those oval pros tho.

-Pedals: For now i still have my keos but Im looking at the ATACs and hoping to cop a pair for cheap. I havent heard great things about the cheaper crankbros so I dunno what my other options are.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

That is the first BMX bike I've seen in a long time that doesn't have the saddle jammed all the way down to the frame. It actually looks comfortable to ride.

Soup... get that thing off the trainer and get out in the dirt!!

Choc... post pics when you're done.

Rubbish... thanks! Agreed... that course was incredibly fun. I'll give a race report...

Second row in the call-up. Just before the whistle blows I realize I really have to go pee. Oh well. The start goes pretty well and by the time I get to the big run-up I'm in about fourth position. For once I play it safe and just let the riders in front of me dictate the pace. The three in front have done well in the last couple of races so I know if I just stay on their wheels I'll be fine. On the second lap, just after the finish line and barriers, for some reason two of the three slow down. Tired? Maybe. One guy goes it alone so I chase him down. I just keep telling myself to stay on the leaders wheels and wait for the last lap. Back to the big run-up and it's just me and the other guy with a sizable gap. We decide to work together and try to keep that gap. With a lap to go I attack on the long dike section. Oddly enough the attack is working and I get a small gap. As I approach that off-camber steep downhill section, that I normally brake just before, I find myself just going down sans brakes before or on it. I want that to stay. On the small run-up there's some congestion of other riders which slows my roll. Like a dick I shove my way through (though I apologize for being pushy) trying to keep that gap. He's just about bridged back up to me so I gun it again and get some more space between us. On the long gravel section I look back one more time and realize he's there. We chat and give each other props for racing well. I ask him if he's going to drop me on the final run-up, with the finish line at the top, like he has every lap... he smiles. I try to attack one more time but he's not letting me go anywhere. We're practically side by side till the last 100 meters or so, when he gives it the gas. I stay on his wheel to the bottom of the run-up but the guy was just way stronger. I gave it everything I had and just couldn't keep up with him. I swore he had a toe-line and someone was dragging him up the hill, he was going so fast. No excuses, though... he was stronger when it mattered. Stoked with 2nd.

And I got upgraded to A's... now shit gets serious.

Congrats Joker. I'm still waiting on a 10 speed cassette to arrive any day. Meanwhile... TIRES! Anybody wanna recommend some clinchers? Or a website to buy them from? Or a cyclocross forum? Or something else i should buy since I spent about $800 less than i expected to? Fuck it i'ma buy motorcycle parts.

building up a Volume frame. i plan on making it so i can switch out the wheelset and fork and run it as a SS mountainbike in races, and when itsn ot on the trails, have it be one of them "fgfs" bikes.

/fixiepixieoner

by that do you mean that your just going to talk a shit ton about it but never actually do it? :rolleyes:

actually bud, reason why i didnt build up a bmx bike is cus my commuter got stolen, and il be damned if i commute 7 miles a day on a fucking bmx bike.

and i probably wont talk a shit ton about it, because there isnt a thread for that. just hoping someone else had heard of it being done.

CX tires I would recommend for clincher wheels are Michelin Mud 2 tires. The best I've used and not too expensive.

No Krugers or OBRA champs for me. Working this weekend. I'll be back to the racing come USGP and Nationals... and I'll get served in both races. It'll still be a fun experience.

congrats joker.

i was thinking that flatland frame looks uncomfy as hell...

Yeah for normal riding it is not comfy. If you just puts around on it it is alright. Mainly for trickin. The gear is so low if you pedal hard you fall cause there is no resistance there. Also down hills the zero offset front end always wants to turn around on you. I have other bikes to actually ride.

Good looks on the Mud2's. Joker what skewers are you using on your ac420's? Have you tried using some hex skewers? I think the extra torque might fix the loose hub problem right up. Or not, but that's the only thing I can think of that's different between yours and mine.

Cant wait to get back into cycling again. Trying to think of how to regain all the lost leg mass. A whole lot of squats?

Hopefully i'll be good enough to ride with some old faces again. Like these crazy assholes

5176962173_d809b6eb63_z.jpg

5174182870_b41b5a76a1_z.jpg

Soup... just running the skewers that came with the wheels. What are these hex skewers you speak of?

Here's a few shots from Sunday's race. The first is about ten seconds into the race and explains why my clothes still look pretty and clean. The second must be close to the end of the race and explains why I look like someone had explosive diarrhea all over my face...

5184207056_3a4149788a_z.jpg

5184209026_be82de7529_z.jpg

I dont think carrying a 5mm wrench would be that bad. Think of all the other things you could, err, wrench on by having one....i dunno. Dont most people carry multitools anyway?

These are the ones I have on my bike currently. Unless someone's got a pair of vicegrips my wheels are safe. The special wrench it comes with is a keychain so it's not a big deal.

2432442709_a3ef14d4ea_o.jpg