bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

http://www.brooklynmachineworks.com/site/bikes/gangsta/gang5.html

Soup, you're usually on point but that ain't track geo. 40cm chainstays give it away, but so does the 73.5/73 ST/HT.

I'm sure it's plenty stiff, but it's also overbuilt as fuck for that purpose. You can race whatever you want on the velodrome baring it's fixed/brakeless, but it doesn't make it optimal; a very fast cat 2 races a Surly Cross Check here and he's wobbly as fuck, no matter how good a cross/road racer he is.

Oh man... not the hardest race I've done this year but certainly the toughest. Was that a two mile course, Rubbish? Maybe 1.5 miles course... of mud. Nothing but mud and massive puddles of muddy water.

Fourth in the call-up so I'm right up front at the start. I end up about tenth by the time we get to the first 180° turn. It bunches up, I slam into the back of a rider in front of me and my front wheel snags his quick release. Three spokes snap and my front wheel is all wobbly. I'm able to continue to ride but the wheel is rubbing on the brake wickedly. Thankfully the pit is fairly close. I roll in and the pit crew can't release my brake. They finally get it, switch out the wheel and push me out into the course... just as the next category is coming. I gun it as my adrenaline is through the roof. I spend the rest of the race picking off riders in my category one by one. I think I finished top twenty but don't know for sure. I passed a friend who is pretty sure he finished top twenty so I'm going off his word.

Hopefully there's some photos to be posted of today because it was epic conditions. I will definitely share.

I saw you running with your bike Rubbish... sorry. Hope it was just a flat and nothing pricey to fix.

Indeed, Joker. Got the lucky number #6 on the call up, so got to get lined up right behind all the guys with points. They mentioned the potholes on the opening stretch but I guess I forgot about them by lap 3, because I hit one covered by a massive mud puddle and caught an instant pinch flat. Decided to run it for the dignity, and I got a decent workout out of doing 1.5 miles of shouldering.

All in all, loved the course. That off-camber super-mud section after the double barrier runup was insane. Real ass Belgium shit. I found out it was faster/easier to run it out the 2nd lap, rather than grind it out on the bike.

It's weird, I've yet to have any problems in the local Eugene races but the two Crusades I do, I get messed up in both. Hopefully better luck comes my way for Barton... gravel is my favorite terrain.

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 29, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 4 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - October 29, 2010 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

Rolf... Anything Trek makes is going to be a pretty decent frame & fork. The first one linked by KM4RT is all Shimano Tiagra which isn't their best groupset but it also isn't their bottom of the line, either. I think if you're looking to do some decent riding to keep in shape then that bike should be just fine. Unless you're racing and putting a lot of hours on the bike then you should get many hours of riding from that bike without having to put money into it... as long as you stay upright.

Keep in mind that it's winter and generally wet in your region so if you plan on riding the bike in the rain then you would be doing yourself a favor by adding some full fenders to the bike... at least for winter.