bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, I raced yesterday. Felt great, got 3rd. It's nice having home advantage on the course in Eugene, because the SS guys that come from out of town come in way undergeared because they're used to courses like Rainier and Alpenrose.

I hear Sherwood is the bumpiest course of the year. Good luck ; I hate that shit. You guys need a good rain...

Congrats on the 3rd! I saw a guy racing fixed today at Sherwood... crazy.

Sherwood was pretty bumpy. Actually, lots of bumpy. I had a decent start and was out in front by the second lap. Eventually the first and third placed winners from last week caught me and we stayed close till about two laps to go. I dropped them on the downhill section and stayed away. With about 50 meters to go some guy passed me really fast (uphill finish) but I hadn't seen him all race so I didn't think anything of it, I thought he was in another category. He won. I finished 2nd. Stoked on 2nd but bummed to lose so close to winning. That's bike racing.

In fairness... even if it was someone I knew was in my category I wouldn't have been able to react to his acceleration. I was blown.

To be clear... to save time organizers will run several categories at once with each category starting one minute apart. For example, my race was Masters B 35+, Masters B 50+ and Juniors 12+.

Yeah, there were definitely some super close calls on the downhill. As the downhill flattens out it also has a slight left hand turn, which was a little bit muddy and kinda slick. And just as you get comfortable in the turn, it kicks sharply to the left even more. The last few laps I was flying down through that section at top speed trying to lose the guys on my wheel and almost washed out both times. I have no idea how I stayed up but both times I rode out of those close calls with a huge smile on my face.

Tufo Flexus Cubus... I swear by these tires now.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

This happened to me recently... I think the bike sacrificed its life for mine. I wish the cranks would have survived, the frame was a holdsworthy from late '70s, i bought the wheels that day just to get mobile after my previous set was stolen 3 days before. I could deal with out the hospital bills too. It was a hit and run.

• Like 2

2010-10-19124722.jpg

my seat post bolt exploded while i was in the middle of my commute to work yesterday morning. shtty thing is i was riding with no hands when this happened because i cant quite extend my left armfully from a down hill mtn bike accident just a few weeks ago. now i cant walk and bent bolth my rims when my fixie ghosted its self into the back of a parked car. but hit and runs suck too

T-boned going down a hill, probably the highest speed I reach in my city is on this hill. On the street that crosses the bottom you can make every green in a car if you're speeding, probably 40 in a 30. I caught the light just as it was turning and the person driving was gunning at the greens(in an SUV). It was friday night, I'm going to assume they were fucked up because they took off after hitting me. I'm sure it looked like I was going to die. There is video footage though because it is a major intersection with cameras so i might be able to track them down. I hate the thought of dealing with the police but my hospitol bills are at $27,000 and the bike at least a $1,000... at least.

looked on their website and they make a LOT of stuff, but i didnt find the track attack rims on the site.

but ive held a pair at my lbs.

its weird, their site looks pretty legit, and the guy at the lbs said they are pretty good selling rims. dont know why they wouldnt advertise them.

but its good to know their stuff is decent, because looking at all their products one would think they are one of "those" companies who makes cheap knockoff shit for budget cyclists.

edit: nevermind. theyve got them hidden under "rims" not "wheels"

I'll see you out there! It's going to be epic. With that classic PIR wind... the rain & mud... it's going to be gnarly. Embrocation for sure. Hell, if it's ugly enough I might add some vasoline after the embro to keep the legs and feet dry.

Be happy you're riding SS for this race. If it's going to be as muddy as it has been in the past, broken rear derailleurs a'plenty. That first lap is going to be all about finding the right gear and staying in it for the whole race, for me.