bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
EXACTLY.

dude LOOOOVES to inform me of how much it would cost him if he were buying what i was buying.

but he took me on the site they order from, and literally EVERYTHING you buy from a bike shop is marked up atleast 100 percent.

Smaller shit is, but more expensive items like cranks and frames aren't marked up as much. Maybe my shop's just cheap.

yes they are, selle makes that all carbon saddle that you see retail for like a grand? they get it for 475. as an example.

theres a price for the bike shop, some other price, then a suggested retail price that comes with every item on those sites, and the lbs sells every item for suggested retail.

yes they are, selle makes that all carbon saddle that you see retail for like a grand? they get it for 475. as an example.

theres a price for the bike shop, some other price, then a suggested retail price that comes with every item on those sites, and the lbs sells every item for suggested retail.

I work at a shop homie, I'm not an idiot :rolleyes: I'm telling you that in my specific personal experience that all items (like, for specific example, the Race Face Deus cranks) aren't marked up 100%.

I work at a shop homie, I'm not an idiot :rolleyes: I'm telling you that in my specific personal experience that all items (like, for specific example, the Race Face Deus cranks) aren't marked up 100%.

well then this shop must either be a dealer for that specific brand or order it from a different wholesaler. im pretty sure if a shop is a "dealer" they get it a lot cheaper then if they arent. i cant remember the brand but the shop carries some of its stuff and they markup isnt that big.

depending on how you look at it, the shop marking it up to suggested retail is nice, because if they sold all their dealership brands at a 50 percent markup they would put the other shops out of business because they arent dealers and cant drop their prices as low.

id get a screengrab next time hes over, but im not putting his job in danger like that.

no need to get all huffy...

also, about to go to one of the other bike shops because somehow they fucked up my order and the wrong color bike came in. normally id be fine with this, but im trading my bike in for 200 dollar less i could sell it on craigslist for, and they promised the bike i order would be in. and im not waiting another week because of their mistake.

im going to go down there friday (the pickup day) and act like i didnt know it came in the wrong color and just be a real dick about it.

Nice results, Rubbish!!

Sunday is going to be a huge test for everyone in every category. Especially if you don't have a call-up. The field sizes are so enormous that if you're not in the top twenty or so after the first lap... you could be racing for 30th the whole time. It should be dry which will benefit us roadies on the more straight sections and the sharp corners... especially crit riders like you and me. Lots of short bursts of power. I'm not looking forward to those stairs, though.

well then this shop must either be a dealer for that specific brand or order it from a different wholesaler. im pretty sure if a shop is a "dealer" they get it a lot cheaper then if they arent. i cant remember the brand but the shop carries some of its stuff and they markup isnt that big.

depending on how you look at it, the shop marking it up to suggested retail is nice, because if they sold all their dealership brands at a 50 percent markup they would put the other shops out of business because they arent dealers and cant drop their prices as low.

id get a screengrab next time hes over, but im not putting his job in danger like that.

no need to get all huffy...

also, about to go to one of the other bike shops because somehow they fucked up my order and the wrong color bike came in. normally id be fine with this, but im trading my bike in for 200 dollar less i could sell it on craigslist for, and they promised the bike i order would be in. and im not waiting another week because of their mistake.

im going to go down there friday (the pickup day) and act like i didnt know it came in the wrong color and just be a real dick about it.

Oh you're talking employee purchase from a brand, I'm talking ordering from a distro (QBP, etc.) S'all good :lol:

Did threshold work yesterday and now I'm feeling sick today. I doubt the two are related but I was feeling great yesterday and riding strong, feeling good about Sunday's race coming up. Now this sick crap is bugging me out. Gotta get better, real quick...

Racing the A's... stud.

Had no idea you could ride the course yesterday for a preview. Didn't find out till 9pm. Oh well. The "horse shoe" run-up right in the middle of the downhill is going to cause many a traffic jam, when you consider how massive the field sizes will be. Looking at last years results... the Masters C had 200 racers!! Masters B had 125. B's had 160... and they're expecting record breaking attendance numbers this year. I stopped by Bike N Hike yesterday to grab some new cleats and there were four people in there buying CX bikes so they can race today.

At least it's not raining...

Alright Rubbish... how did it go? I can only imagine how slickery those off-camber S turns were by the time the A's raced. I saw so many guys go down in that area during my race.

I got a third call-up, so I was about 50 guys back from the front row. Luckily I passed a good handful before we even hit the dirt. That first section of dirt, the cow fields, was damn rough. So choppy. I crashed pretty hard the first time coming up to the barriers in the Velodrome infield. I only lost two places though, so I was able to pass them up on the back side and get back to where I was. I almost crashed again on lap two in that off-camber S turn section. I had to tell myself to race smart and aggressive, not just aggressive. I eventually set a pace and started picking off one guy at a time. Before I knew it I was on the last lap, which was good because my arms couldn't take much more of that cow field. Coming around the final turn I passed two guys and had one beside me going for the sprint... I pipped him at the line. Finished 7th. Good enough for 12 points and hopefully a call-up for next week.

Welp, let the records state I didn't race A's by choice but by necessity - missed the early train coming up from Eugene and had to take a later one and miss the SS race. So I was in a fast field working with a large gear, no idea what the course would be like, and no experience racing in anything above a 35 person field. So as far as that goes, I did okay. Anyway, the first lap was craziness, especially on that bumpy first part; I didn't go down in that hectic first lap but saw a few crashes form ahead. It's nice that cross crashes are so mild, though, as opposed to hitting the tarmac at 30mph in a crit...

Anyways, I mostly did a lot of sucking, at least in comparison to fast dudes in the A's. I wasn't totally immersed in that mental 'I'm ready to drive myself into the gutter' mode today, which was all fine as I flatted about 4 laps in and called it a day. It's expensive commuting this far to race but the actual experience of people everywhere on the course cheering, your buddies shouting and going for high fives and cameras everywhere was surreal, I think only comparable to something like Twilight Crit/any big money downtown race. I'll be back for more, likely at PIR or Hillsboro, but definitely in the SS category where I belong :D

:lol:

ive almost done that by accident.

good friend of mine got hit by a car today commuting to school, car was going 50, he was on the shoulder. no helmet, was out cold for 15 minutes. says he doesnt remember getting hit. no broken bones, mostly bruises and road rash.

drivers fault, got fined and hes sueing.

and the hilarity in this sad event, is he was on a old specialized rockhopper he converted to a ss and he painted over the "iz" in specialized.