Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest HESHIANDET

bicicletas

Guest kidlugz

thanks for the info boxcar and devilush.....it will really help me out seeing as i know next to nothing about bikes.

boston is the shit city for being a courier.

basically you have to be liscenced more money in the cities pocket but if you get a ticket noone ever pays them anyway, the only thing it comes in handy for is helping you out if you get hit. example of boston hating couriers, the cmwc's were spposed to be ehre for three months they deliberated then they gave up went to philly and the championships were decided in three hours.

*boston also hates graffiti.

hmm what else to touch on, oh yeah pursuit frames i think track geometry is uncomfortable unless adjustments were made for the street risers shorter stems etc... riding around town with a bag full of packages and leaning in an aero crouch all day would and does suck, i think pursuit frames are cool for saturday rides but to spend eight hours on one is hell.

i dunno an opinion. they look good but should stay on the track and your toe clearance tends to suck ass like on my khs.

as for the pista it is sweet but the fuji track is cheaper... and a definate good start if you can get it with a flipflop hub.

Guest HESHIANDET

word to being crouched in a ball for 9 hours sucking.......side note, im pulling some shady shit tomorrow, i'm going to my work, getting my radio and steady jobs etc....then i'm going to this other place and starting my first day there. HAHAHA i'm not going to deliever shit for my current job. i'm just gonna go in there around noon and be like "heres your crappy radio, -oh and heres 8 jobs i didn't do that are extra late now." I can't wait to work for this new place, im entering the land of nextell- yeeeeeesssssssss! sorry for the ramble.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

word to being crouched in a ball for 9 hours sucking.......side note, im pulling some shady shit tomorrow, i'm going to my work, getting my radio and steady jobs etc....then i'm going to this other place and starting my first day there. HAHAHA i'm not going to deliever shit for my current job. i'm just gonna go in there around noon and be like "heres your crappy radio, -oh and heres 8 jobs i didn't do that are extra late now." I can't wait to work for this new place, im entering the land of nextell- yeeeeeesssssssss! sorry for the ramble.

ha!!!!! htat's fuuuuucked up dude. there is this one company here and they have this old lady aas the co-owner and the dispatcher. they call her mom. but she's tripping. she says things like "you're not gonna make it here pal". pal this pal that. pal everything. some kid just got fed up with her and stated to yell at her on his radio. and started to ramble on about pal this and pal that. dat's right pal.

i used to hate the fact that one of my dispatchers used to call me kid, when he was a short italian goombah fuck, he was all like "wat-chu doin kid?" i would get so angry at the prick that i wouldnt answer him and say my battery died, now the black dispatcher was amazing after about three months of riding i finally got to meet the man, he rolls up in the company car, with a full out hot pink and purple windsuit, big neckchains playing james brown.... he won the best dispatcher in the world award from me that day. from then on we had a better over the air relationship i would be like whats goin down big pimp and he would tell me that he wishes he ahd my job so he could check out "a little mailroom poon" amazing.

oh yeah bump.

cars r coffins

Guest HESHIANDET

sadly my trickery did not go down. but im still miserable. dispatchers are a funny breed. I'm blessed w/ a black woman who is eternally having her period. I say this not out of immaturity but out of truth. Besides having the thickest ebonic vocabulary she has tremendous mood swings. One minute she be bullshittting about iverson and the sixers over the radio and the next she will be CRYING. Then when you go t the wrong address (easy w/ the ebonics flowing into my white boy brain) she will go on a fuckin tyraid..she sucks basically. oh yeah so does the company i work for, today i did a whopping 12 jobs- SHITAY!

the people that my boyfriend works for are great. i love them. they don't get annoying and i get to call the co-owner...chuck fuck. that's great stuff. i was gonna get a cruiser this weekend for $50. but got no cash! ahhhhh, i would look hot stuff on a cruiser basket bike with high handle bars.

Guest kidlugz

i went shopping around for my new bike today and was greeted with nothing but disappointment. most shops i went to had very limited selection in terms of road bikes(at best one shop had 8 complete road bikes for sale). and most were in the price range of 1000-2500 bucks. ouch. i was looking at one used Gardin model(i'm stupid, i don't remember the signiture name on it) for 600$. it appeared to be pretty old but had what looked like brand new components.

i have to say that the mountain bikes started looking good simply because they were in the triple digits price range. but i'm not giving in just yet.

kidlugz....yup bikes are expensive. the track frames are expensive. it's unusual for shops to sell them with the components. usually, they just have the frame...sometimes with the head set. but yup, gotta expect the price of these bikes. you can always get a road frame and convert it though. mountain bikes are cheap. keep looking, you'll find a good deal soon. search around for a used bike or and unknown bike shop, they usually have dope bikes with components. tracks are not for the moneyless.

i hate my life, my fucking wheels got ganked i went to go for a nice morning ride and what are not where they are spposed to be my fucking wheels. i hate life.

kidlugz: ebay ebay ebay http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//redface.gif'>r buy an old frame... and do exactly what devilush said convert it, get a bmx hub some cheap rims and you are all gold. for me tho i need to fucking come up wqith four fucking hundred bucks to build nice wheels i hate life soooo much.

oh shit boxcarwilly....what kinda hubs did you have and what kinda wheels? ohhhh noo that sucks so bad! sorry to hear about that though.

Guest kidlugz

nah. i'm not even looking for a track bike anymore. i just want a regular road bike. that used gardin is looking like my best bet right now--had a light frame and is in good cond. i'm kinda hesitant to drop 1000 bucks on a brand new bike because when fall comes around i'll be commuting to school(which is in the downtown core of toronto). i'm afraid of locking a brand new bike up for any extended periods of time cuz there's alot of shady characters that frequent the area. i'll inform you cats as soon as i make a purchase.

Guest HESHIANDET

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//frown.gif'>

i don't know how b-town is but in philly the messengers are all pretty tight. if someone sees some ganked shit it usually gets ganked back. Kinda weird but i know of a few occasions of this happening. good luck.

i had the khs stock aero wheels and stock hubs but new vittorias argh.

yeah boston is the same... all my friends saw me sulking and no bike and new something shitty happened... and... let's say if my wheels are out there ill get em back... and teeth will be on the ground.

i think i am just gonna hook up some cheap shit tomorrow at the shop. save mony and build ksyriums fixed or if i can deal a sweet set of cane creeks and a new york chain... then only then will i be happy.

but for now i am out for blood on my sun rims and sugoi hubs and hoping i dont crack the rear one.

terrible one bar code frame

pitchforks

redneck stem

primo bars, seat,cranks,hubs

alex triple wall rims

anyways my shit was tight as fuck. the only black motherfucker on a bike at the stakepark tearin shit up. then i sold my frame to get another one-stanard sta-but the order never went through so i didnt get it. then when i moved my mom lost the rest of my bike parts and i was like fuck it, i dont really wanna ride anymore anyway

yea the scene here is pretty tight. some guys thought that my boyfrriends bike was stolen (only 2 people in this whole city have that frame) and so they started to chase after the dude. come to realize that the dude really worked at a bike shop and got it specially ordered for him. but out here, the messengers look after one another. but if you fuck up with any of them (let's say like making fun of their girlfriend), they'll hold a grudge. and since most of the writers are messengers, they're all friends. i was wlaking to my bank (like i have money), but i saw a bunch of messengers just getting hot. and i stopped one of my friends and ask what the heck is up. he tells me that some kids ganked another one of their friends wheels and now is chasing him down. ahhhhh, sf.

when ever i get shitfaced i always want to ride my bike but its always broken.

Cpt. Shitfaced: *checking in*

Guest HESHIANDET

bump this bitch back up to the top....more messenger banter-

My fuckin work hired about 4 new dudes this past week. IT WAS SOOOOO SLOW!!!!!!! all fuckin week. i went from chillin and doing around 25 jobs to FUCKING 12! 12! and thats hustling!!!arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

all the bike messengers out here look like theyd be some punk ass graffiti bitches. too bad there is zero graffiti in denver and all of the actual work goes down in shitty ass boulder and boonie ass areas with cuts. i dont know a thing about bikes (kinda wish i did) but this was a good read. anyways, i still want my vespa.

i got a Kmart brand huffy dirt bike with a cool lookin tire guard that look s like a dirtbike...

my seat hurts my ass

and my brake cushioning are made of hard plastic..

i like to run over cans to make that cool realistic motorcross sound and jock FOX gear .. but i make it look cool.

i can bunny hop up this curb!it looks so cool when i do it...

i can almost do a wheelie..

but my most fav. is to go up this tree and 180 off!

I use to be a messenger when I lived in PGH. Easy way to get up all over the city. I remember riding along side of buses and catching dirt tags on them at like 15 mph.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now