bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

hesher-

i got a call on the answering machine the otherday. somebody speaking some broken-ass english. i chalked it up to you. then i listened again and it wa some parking-lot attendaent speaking broken-ass english. you need to work on your annunciation.

any tips on bike shops here.

oh, and say to your knee

------------------

Now back to your regularly scheduled re-programming...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest HESHIANDET

frakenstein is cool to get stuff fixed at(16th and locust). don't let the guys sense of humor throw you off, hes a atraight shooter. for whatever bikeline is ok, stay away from trophy though.

i just scored a khs aero track and a 1984 raliegh red and chrome that is so sweet for 310 dollars as a package mmm... so good.

as for track bike having no brakes... it stops better in the rain and snow. and in boston god knows what youll run into.

hesh that twisted lace up is fucking sick do it your self or shop tech? as for strength how is it. i gotta lear how to build wheels

hey hesh......nice braided spokes there. i'm totally guessing that you are a bike messenger? i feel ya though, my boyfriend risks his life everyday being one too. ha! nice ass there buddy boy. funny ass picture though. and by the way, my boyfriend believes, by lookin at the flick, that you are running a 3 to 1 ratio. that's the real man, knee breaker ratio. yeaaaaa baby. makes your knees grind in the morning, love to hear that noise. philly eh, that's it, we're staying with you when we go out there. oh, and loosing a chain at an intersection....he feels your pain. it's hardcore.....he was sprinting through the broadway tunnel here in sf, and his chain popped out in the at the end of the tunnel. and then he had a good 50 feet to stop before traffic. nothing like jamming your foot in a rear triangle doing like 35 miles per hour. now that's hard core http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//eek.gif'>

but i really like that bike. nothing like a fixie.

oh DIBS, yea no prob. lemme know if you need one. but you're still in oak town right? http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

Guest HESHIANDET

the twist lace adds strength verticly on the wheel. the down side is the wheel isn't as strong laterally. but it'll keep the wheel in true longer. (just hope i never snap a spoke or i have a large headache.) fuck building fancy wheels. i don't havre the $$ for a truing stand or the patience. its good to do once in your life though. Sadly i cannot tke credit for my wheels. The guy i bought them from worked in a shop and did em up. Apparently he has patience. DEVILUSH- have you seen guys w/ their wheels like mine out there on the left coast? I guy i work w/ is from portland and he said alot of guys have set ups like mine. I'm the wierdo around town here. BTW you guys are welcome to stay anytime......

yup i've seen it out here. some guys are pretty hard core when it comes to bikes and messengering. the whole purpose of a braided spoke is to strengthen your wheels. so it's harder to fold them. but the trend around here seems to be track bikes. i see a lot of yuppie and dot commers sporting them now. and it kinda sucks that it had to come to that ya know? but your bike is pretty sick. dammit, i don't have a scanner, i'd scan the flicks of the bikes. dammit. but yea, a lot of guys have set ups like that. lately i've seen a lot of pursuit frames as well. now those are mad crazy.

to kid lugz...for the advantage....well, other than looking hard core, it's almost like a sport too. to see who can do it or not. especially to strengthen your legs. and if you like speed, that's a plus also.

i was thinking about being a bike messenger in the fall, but i don't think i can take the crap my boyfriend takes everyday. i told him to be safe today. homeboy gets agro. you dunno what he does with that kryptonite lock.

Guest kidlugz

alright, i need some advice from you bike lovers here. i plan on buying a new bike in the next couple of weeks. i'm torn between buying a mountain bike or a track bike. i've ridden mountain bikes all my life(recreationally) but recently tried a friends track bike and i really liked it. is there any advice you guys could give me in regards to which bike i should buy?

i mainly ride in the city.

bicicletas son muy bueno...

I looked at a nice full suspension Giant w/ a downhill rig the other day, Very pleasant, I wasn't in the position to buy, however, so I didn't get supersonic but still, it was sweet...

my last bike was a 92 Giant Rincon, basically a hybrid, but tough as nails on the trails.. finally I ragged it jumping speed bumps at my old Apt... bent the bars, the forks, and the frame... STILL! I got thumbs up on my whip from the UPS guy, I was blasting!

------------------

2 Can Sam

if you ride in the city, your best bet is a single speed, which doesnt necessarily mean a track bike, track bike refer to a certain geometry on the frame, yet you can easily build a single speed, and go fixed (probably what you mean by track). fixed means one gear, the back is locked, so each pedal forward is one forward and each one back is one back, stopping is accomplished (by those without brakes) by either leg locking and skipping the back wheel to a stop or slowing down your pedal strokes, a front brake is a decent idea, because if your chain pops off you have no stopping power other then to beat feet if this appeals to you then go fixed, if not stick with single speed they are just as light *except maybe brakes* and just as simple. one of the main reasons for me riding a fixed set is the lack of parts it is simple you and the bike nothing wierd to go wrong.

but single speed is great for short commutes and you dont have to worry about that much either. brakes just dont stop as well in the rain or snow *another fixie plus*

as for mountain bikes they are the ugliest things in the world, more like a bear then a lady, a good road frame can be sexy as hell. take the hot pink casati hand welded i saw the other day i was ready to save all my money just for a custom one, never felt that way about an ugly ass full suspension monster.

just remember gears are for queers.

if you get anything similar to a mtn bike make it a single speed cyclocross they look cuter.

hesh and devil thanks, i am in boston and havent seen many twisted spokes. it looked real pretty like and i new it was a rigidity issue. and i dont know wheel building or even where to start i want to learn straight over under tho first.

Originally posted by eros:

Porque el nombre de este es en espanol, quiere contestar en espanol. Lo siento,no me digo espanol bueno. Me tengo dos bicicletas, uno por la calle, y uno por el bosque. El uno por la calle es un trek 1000 bicicleta en amarillo. El uno por el bosque es un trek 8000 de mil noveciento novent y nueve. Estoy muy feliz con mi bicicletas.

Quizas no es buena idea contestar en espanol...

Willy... actually, the downhill rig I mentioned is optimum, only the largest sprocket in the front (big chain group), and 6 gears in the back, that way you can get a little easement on uphills... and front brakes are an excellent idea, you want to do most of your braking up front, as it stops quicker and helps maintain control and stability, especially through corners, if there is loose gravel in the turn... back brakes are pretty much there to burn off speed and assist the front brakes...

------------------

2 Can Sam

Guest EwonStar

kink empire frame bars pegs , primo cranks pedals neck seat seat post grips,fbm sprocket, aray super 7x laced to voxom hubs, voxom tires.

i think i'm gonna have to agree with boxcar willy. um....yea he pretty much said everything. just have fun, that's all it is. be careful though. i'm not a fast learner when it comes to bikes, but it took some time. browse around to. you have to find the perfect bike that is right for you, size and what kinda things that you are going to do with it. don't just drop like $800 on a new track frame. and he is right about the things that you can do with a track frame. start with a single speed. because whenever you are ready, you can always change it into a fixed gear. but again, when you are ready. and it is always good to have a front brake. definitly, you don't want to stop by putting your foot in the rear triangle. it isn't pretty. but also go to someone who knows what they are talking about. those guys (meaning bike shop workers) can get greedy with their commission. they'll rob you blind. the best starter bike is a BIANCHI PISTA, i think so. it's pretty cheap, considering where you go to. and it looks like that you will be riding in the city, so commuting with this bike is good. it's a track bike with a brake drill hole. yuck, anything with suspensions is fugly. yea, don't go with mountain bikes. no one will jock you (kidding). and it is ugly. no doubt.

boxcar...wow boston. yay, me and my boyfriend have to make a trip over to the east coast.

what do you guys think about pursuit frames?

Guest HESHIANDET

willy,

are you a messenger in beantown? do the guys there have to register w/ the city? i heard some noise about that a while ago, never heard a story though....annnnnnnnnnd the pista is nice for a first bike, almost too nice. Fuji has one for $400 ready to go, w/ brakes. it isn't half as nice as the pista but its half the price and it does have a more relaxed geometry. Surly has a few really nice setups to.

boston is the shit city for being a courier.

basically you have to be liscenced more money in the cities pocket but if you get a ticket noone ever pays them anyway, the only thing it comes in handy for is helping you out if you get hit. example of boston hating couriers, the cmwc's were spposed to be ehre for three months they deliberated then they gave up went to philly and the championships were decided in three hours.

*boston also hates graffiti.

hmm what else to touch on, oh yeah pursuit frames i think track geometry is uncomfortable unless adjustments were made for the street risers shorter stems etc... riding around town with a bag full of packages and leaning in an aero crouch all day would and does suck, i think pursuit frames are cool for saturday rides but to spend eight hours on one is hell.

i dunno an opinion. they look good but should stay on the track and your toe clearance tends to suck ass like on my khs.

as for the pista it is sweet but the fuji track is cheaper... and a definate good start if you can get it with a flipflop hub.

Guest HESHIANDET

word to being crouched in a ball for 9 hours sucking.......side note, im pulling some shady shit tomorrow, i'm going to my work, getting my radio and steady jobs etc....then i'm going to this other place and starting my first day there. HAHAHA i'm not going to deliever shit for my current job. i'm just gonna go in there around noon and be like "heres your crappy radio, -oh and heres 8 jobs i didn't do that are extra late now." I can't wait to work for this new place, im entering the land of nextell- yeeeeeesssssssss! sorry for the ramble.

Originally posted by HESHIANDET:

word to being crouched in a ball for 9 hours sucking.......side note, im pulling some shady shit tomorrow, i'm going to my work, getting my radio and steady jobs etc....then i'm going to this other place and starting my first day there. HAHAHA i'm not going to deliever shit for my current job. i'm just gonna go in there around noon and be like "heres your crappy radio, -oh and heres 8 jobs i didn't do that are extra late now." I can't wait to work for this new place, im entering the land of nextell- yeeeeeesssssssss! sorry for the ramble.

ha!!!!! htat's fuuuuucked up dude. there is this one company here and they have this old lady aas the co-owner and the dispatcher. they call her mom. but she's tripping. she says things like "you're not gonna make it here pal". pal this pal that. pal everything. some kid just got fed up with her and stated to yell at her on his radio. and started to ramble on about pal this and pal that. dat's right pal.

i used to hate the fact that one of my dispatchers used to call me kid, when he was a short italian goombah fuck, he was all like "wat-chu doin kid?" i would get so angry at the prick that i wouldnt answer him and say my battery died, now the black dispatcher was amazing after about three months of riding i finally got to meet the man, he rolls up in the company car, with a full out hot pink and purple windsuit, big neckchains playing james brown.... he won the best dispatcher in the world award from me that day. from then on we had a better over the air relationship i would be like whats goin down big pimp and he would tell me that he wishes he ahd my job so he could check out "a little mailroom poon" amazing.

oh yeah bump.

cars r coffins

Guest HESHIANDET

sadly my trickery did not go down. but im still miserable. dispatchers are a funny breed. I'm blessed w/ a black woman who is eternally having her period. I say this not out of immaturity but out of truth. Besides having the thickest ebonic vocabulary she has tremendous mood swings. One minute she be bullshittting about iverson and the sixers over the radio and the next she will be CRYING. Then when you go t the wrong address (easy w/ the ebonics flowing into my white boy brain) she will go on a fuckin tyraid..she sucks basically. oh yeah so does the company i work for, today i did a whopping 12 jobs- SHITAY!

the people that my boyfriend works for are great. i love them. they don't get annoying and i get to call the co-owner...chuck fuck. that's great stuff. i was gonna get a cruiser this weekend for $50. but got no cash! ahhhhh, i would look hot stuff on a cruiser basket bike with high handle bars.

Guest kidlugz

i went shopping around for my new bike today and was greeted with nothing but disappointment. most shops i went to had very limited selection in terms of road bikes(at best one shop had 8 complete road bikes for sale). and most were in the price range of 1000-2500 bucks. ouch. i was looking at one used Gardin model(i'm stupid, i don't remember the signiture name on it) for 600$. it appeared to be pretty old but had what looked like brand new components.

i have to say that the mountain bikes started looking good simply because they were in the triple digits price range. but i'm not giving in just yet.

kidlugz....yup bikes are expensive. the track frames are expensive. it's unusual for shops to sell them with the components. usually, they just have the frame...sometimes with the head set. but yup, gotta expect the price of these bikes. you can always get a road frame and convert it though. mountain bikes are cheap. keep looking, you'll find a good deal soon. search around for a used bike or and unknown bike shop, they usually have dope bikes with components. tracks are not for the moneyless.

i hate my life, my fucking wheels got ganked i went to go for a nice morning ride and what are not where they are spposed to be my fucking wheels. i hate life.

kidlugz: ebay ebay ebay http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//redface.gif'>r buy an old frame... and do exactly what devilush said convert it, get a bmx hub some cheap rims and you are all gold. for me tho i need to fucking come up wqith four fucking hundred bucks to build nice wheels i hate life soooo much.