bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

trek sucks because any yuppie with a hole in his ass

can walk into a shop and have some pipply faced kid

sell him one for no other reason than lance road one

and lance wins bike races and dates sheryl crow.

otherwise, i cant vouch fersure being i have never

ridden one, they are good quality american bikes.

different story--

a buncha kids up in madison that i knew through a friend

who went to UW usta take regular trips out to the trek factory

and sort through the dumpster for anything that didnt get hacked up.

trek sucks because any yuppie with a hole in his ass

can walk into a shop and have some pipply faced kid

sell him one for no other reason than lance road one

and lance wins bike races and dates sheryl crow.

Dead on, except for me knowing Lance dated sheryl crow. And it wasn't some kid, it was this old dude Pat who's a really good friend of a friend of mine, ie the hookup. Pat's nuts, with this hot late 40's wife who rides Mt Diablo every single morning. Other than that, that's exactly why my friend wanted me to buy a trek.

As for it being a trek, and a cheap rec' sport bike, I just can't care. The thing's pure fun.

Hahah and I still need to buy a helmet.:shakehead:

SOUPER sorry if i came off sounding like a dick.

appreciate the trek. a bike is what you make it.

that sounds really cheesy. anyway my point

was that treks are good bikes but carry this

stigma of "everyone has one/could get one"

which of course is uncool and un-bike-snob.

keep on truckin.

DSCN3392.jpg

My shitty conversion, with the exception of my dads components which he gave to me (Cinneli Criterium Bars, Campy Pedals) Dad used to race bikes (not track) and wants me to race track so he bought me so Mavic Open Pros with some Armidillo's and told me to save up the money I make at work for a good track frame. Then I guess the long years of riding and shit come. Anyways, it's a joy to ride.

Yeah, he just kinda flipped and disappeared down that hill... nice to hear that he finished the stage.

*just saw it again, now it looks like Kessler got dumped right on the other side of the rail while it was just the bike that flipped off into oblivion, I thought he'd slid down the hill after the bike but I guess I was confused.

SOUPER sorry if i came off sounding like a dick.

appreciate the trek. a bike is what you make it.

that sounds really cheesy. anyway my point

was that treks are good bikes but carry this

stigma of "everyone has one/could get one"

which of course is uncool and un-bike-snob.

keep on truckin.

Hah, nodda dick, man. I just find folks that take shit like that hella serious (like a few of my friends) are missing the point. Ever since i got the bike I don't drive, and with the dough I'm saving by next summer I'll get something a little less janky. By then this thing will easily have at least 3k miles on it.

Trek.jpg

Hey, if you find one of the really old lugged steel Treks (think clamp-on shifter mounts and cable guides), jump on it. There's a good chance it was built by Joe Starck....who went on to build for Masi and Rivendell. Nowadays his frames go for at least $3000 new...

I've had several of those over the years, and was always very satisfied with their performance. Oh, and another tip- 98% of the the old-school lugged steel Specialized frames were built by Miyata...and, if you're really lucky, some of the first-edition Allez frames were built by 3Rensho, who built a lot of bikes for keirin racers. Extra good shit.

Look for second or third edition Suntour Superbe gruppos on the Allez bikes. That's a good sign.

So... I'm all fed up with the post-Tour doping drama every year... I tried to enjoy the end, felt good for Landis and all and then the allegations come out as usual and it just spoiled any enthusiasm I had at all...

except in one area... The night the 'doping' stuff came out our local news anchor tried to use the phrase 'Tour de Farce' and I just didn't buy it. Weak from the start and he never should have tried with that... but, of course, it's hard to resist the temptation and I saw one that was passable when someone (national I think) said 'Tour de Fraud' and... I just sort of figured that's as good as it was gonna get and by then I was fed up so I've been ignoring the enire thing... until tonight when the local TV Sports guy said something I know he didn't plan... in fact, I know none of those people in tht news room even caught on when he said it but, it sounded to me like 'Turd 'a France'...

And that's the way it is this Friday around 11:45 towards the end of July in the latter half of the first decade of the 21st century...

Personally I think this shit is outta hand. I could accept all the allegations and controls and middle of the night raids to test the cyclists if WADA did so to all sports. This witch hunt against cycling has become a real drag. I've gotten to the point where I no longer care who it is that has been caught doping, I'm more concerned about the actual test itself and it's accuracy. I learned today that Floyd's urine samples were taken thirty minutes after he finished stage 17. From there they were flown to a small lab outside of Paris and stored till the next morning. From there they were flown to another lab and then tested. I'm sorry, call me a wacko but I think that leaves too much room for error. If they can have results from a testing in a fairly short amount of time once they have a urine sample then I think they need to have a testing lab right there on the spot. Test the athlete in front of his DS and give the results right then and there. No room for error and no way the test results or urine sample could be tampered with.

Phonak has had way too many athletes charged with doping, which leads me to believe there's something going on in the Phonak camp. I'm not saying the athletes aren't doping but I'm not saying they are either. It all just seems too strange to me to have a good portion of your team doping under your nose and you don't know about it.

And if Floyd's testosterone levels were high... I think that is about right. Dude went bonkers on that stage and flew away from everyone. Of course his testosterone levels are going to be high. He was in the zone and pist the fuck off... what did they expect?

That said, as jumbled and stupid as it was, you know his B sample will be non-negative as well. He knows, you know it, I know it. Let's hope the third test he takes reveals he's much like Damiano Cunego and just has high levels naturally.

If he's truly guilty... I may have lost hope for any heros on wheels. I'll have to go back to worshipping Mike Dominguez and RL Osbourne from back in the day when I was a BMX freestyle nerd.

Personally I think this shit is outta hand. I could accept all the allegations and controls and middle of the night raids to test the cyclists if WADA did so to all sports. This witch hunt against cycling has become a real drag. I've gotten to the point where I no longer care who it is that has been caught doping, I'm more concerned about the actual test itself and it's accuracy. I learned today that Floyd's urine samples were taken thirty minutes after he finished stage 17. From there they were flown to a small lab outside of Paris and stored till the next morning. From there they were flown to another lab and then tested. I'm sorry, call me a wacko but I think that leaves too much room for error. If they can have results from a testing in a fairly short amount of time once they have a urine sample then I think they need to have a testing lab right there on the spot. Test the athlete in front of his DS and give the results right then and there. No room for error and no way the test results or urine sample could be tampered with.

Phonak has had way too many athletes charged with doping, which leads me to believe there's something going on in the Phonak camp. I'm not saying the athletes aren't doping but I'm not saying they are either. It all just seems too strange to me to have a good portion of your team doping under your nose and you don't know about it.

And if Floyd's testosterone levels were high... I think that is about right. Dude went bonkers on that stage and flew away from everyone. Of course his testosterone levels are going to be high. He was in the zone and pist the fuck off... what did they expect?

That said, as jumbled and stupid as it was, you know his B sample will be non-negative as well. He knows, you know it, I know it. Let's hope the third test he takes reveals he's much like Damiano Cunego and just has high levels naturally.

If he's truly guilty... I may have lost hope for any heros on wheels. I'll have to go back to worshipping Mike Dominguez and RL Osbourne from back in the day when I was a BMX freestyle nerd.

ditto. legalize it. i'm tired of the drama.

Personally I think this shit is outta hand. I could accept all the allegations and controls and middle of the night raids to test the cyclists if WADA did so to all sports. This witch hunt against cycling has become a real drag. I've gotten to the point where I no longer care who it is that has been caught doping' date=' I'm more concerned about the actual test itself and it's accuracy. I learned today that Floyd's urine samples were taken thirty minutes after he finished stage 17. From there they were flown to a small lab outside of Paris and stored till the next morning. From there they were flown to another lab and then tested. I'm sorry, call me a wacko but I think that leaves too much room for error. .[/quote']

Yeah, the UCI is really weird about doping control.

I got called to doping control last week during a race. Lots of bullshit papers and bullshit procedures. For example, the UCI officials can not give you a bottle of water. They can show you where the water is, and bring you 4 bottles, but you must physically select it. A bunch of weird shit.

How much money you got issac?

Well, not much. I am on a super limited budget. Yeah. Super limited. Are you ready? $200 (TOPS). I posted on craigslist and got one offer for a used Schwinn Le tour, good condition, brand new tires and tubes for $150. I brought it down to $100 and it might be a deal when I get back in town. Not sure yet though. What's the deal with those old style shifters? Are they a bitch to use? I mean the ones that are just two levers on the front of the top tube. I'm sure I'll make due.

The other thing is I need a large frame cause I'm 6'5".

Well, not much. I am on a super limited budget. Yeah. Super limited. Are you ready? $200 (TOPS). I posted on craigslist and got one offer for a used Schwinn Le tour, good condition, brand new tires and tubes for $150. I brought it down to $100 and it might be a deal when I get back in town. Not sure yet though. What's the deal with those old style shifters? Are they a bitch to use? I mean the ones that are just two levers on the front of the top tube. I'm sure I'll make due.

The other thing is I need a large frame cause I'm 6'5".

the old style levers are just fine, really. its one thing if you're looking for top of the market preformance and quality, but it looks like that isnt your top concern. The schwinn should get the job done though.

so now landis has trace amounts of synthetic testosterone in the urine

after all the dudes that were disqualified for 'suspeected' doping

they should just let those fools have at it

the chick at my work said that would be bad for the chilren.

which it would

but so what? they are all doing it anyway so there is no 'good' example being set by almost anyone.

freakin armstrong did not ever come up negative even once though

and they were practically putting his shit through high-performance liquid chromatography

dunno.