bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

MERCKXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

reynolds ouzo fork

ultegra 10 gruppo

dura ace cranks

chris king headset

cinelli bars

deda stem

record post

selle italia saddle

garbage wheelset, until i can afford a decent one.

nice. Neuvation Wheels makes a pretty decent wheel. We just got the hook up, and they are pretty reasonably priced, even for retail.

r28_aero_med.jpg

$399.1570 Grams, Aero Profile. These are pretty onpoint, i just yanked a pair.

m28_aero_silver_big.jpg

$299,1720 grams.

I felt like i owed it to them to talk about them, but they are really good wheels. And the prices are extremely reasonable.

Q: Just bought a new road bike, but want to paint over the logo/refinish it with perhaps my own design, but am curious as to if this will bring the price down if I ever want to sell it. Anyone know/any tips on painting a bike frame?

Thanks

Hell yes. and i believe a few pages back someone did a really onpoint tutuorial for painting bikes.

they should have a tv show, "when carbon goes bad!" i've watched two spinergy wheels (on separate occasions) shatter. carbon + cold weather = disaster.

swedish, those look real nice, i'm not on a team, but i can usually manage to squeeze my way in through friends to get the team wheelset. they have a deal with ritchey this year, they're pretty nice, just not in my budget right now. i'll ride these P.O.S's in to the ground.

i love how people clown on messengers for dressing alike and so forth. have you ever been a meesnger? do you realise theres more to what people may do than just fashion? being a messenger is a shitty existance and the job is fucking hard. so yeah people like to go blow off steam and drink some cheap beer, because when you bust your ass and money isnt growing on trees, you may want to no spend shit tons of loot. the beard?...well i fucking worked in boston. most of the guys had beards. why? ever riddin a bike for 10 hours in a nor'easter? how about 40 degrees and sleeting? it just helps out a bit.

can some meesenger be dick heads and snobs? sure. i know some of them, but blanket generalisations are fucking gay no matter what. most of the kids i know, all wore the same clother because they were reliable. this company makes this jacket thats waterproof AND wind proof...you need that...this companies jeans dont wear out in the ass as fast...dude..get them.

man, fucking go anywhere and be a part of any sub-culture, scene, job market...you will see similarities in like minded, or like life styled people.

most of the poser snob kids wash out in a season anyway because the job is rough. they ride for a summer when theres no business, and people are on vacation. when it gets cold and you need to put on a hustle they stay home and hang up thier bikes to show off to people they they once rode.

eh, point taken.

Just reporting what I saw. I'm sure its a hard job, just that 90 percent of the people I've met that do it are hipster trash.

yeah, it's GETTING to be time to do some distance. i ride every day, but i don't go out for 70 mile rides on days when it's 34 degrees and pouring.

been there done that made a lot of money, but moved on from the courier game. i put the track bike away and pushing distance on the road whip now.. springtime whoooo!

i dont work on a track bike, im too lazy. the city i work in is pretty spread out, i get in about 40 miles a day or so.

props on making alot of money, i sure as fuck aint.

Neither did george hincapie, although it was more of the aluminum steerer tube.

And i would go on to talk about how i've never had a problem with carbon, but i wouldn't want to jinx myself. So for the record, carbon fiber is sucks.

that race was nuts!

stupid train crossing.

whats retarded is the van petegem group was disqualified, yet the boonen group was not. It was clear that both groups passed while the barriers were still up. i'm always rooting for peter van petegem, i'd like to see him win one more big one before he throws the towel in.

9720.14346.f.jpg

And just one of many reasons why bontrager sucks.

i love how people clown on messengers for dressing alike and so forth. have you ever been a meesnger? do you realise theres more to what people may do than just fashion? being a messenger is a shitty existance and the job is fucking hard. so yeah people like to go blow off steam and drink some cheap beer, because when you bust your ass and money isnt growing on trees, you may want to no spend shit tons of loot. the beard?...well i fucking worked in boston. most of the guys had beards. why? ever riddin a bike for 10 hours in a nor'easter? how about 40 degrees and sleeting? it just helps out a bit.

can some meesenger be dick heads and snobs? sure. i know some of them, but blanket generalisations are fucking gay no matter what. most of the kids i know, all wore the same clother because they were reliable. this company makes this jacket thats waterproof AND wind proof...you need that...this companies jeans dont wear out in the ass as fast...dude..get them.

man, fucking go anywhere and be a part of any sub-culture, scene, job market...you will see similarities in like minded, or like life styled people.

most of the poser snob kids wash out in a season anyway because the job is rough. they ride for a summer when theres no business, and people are on vacation. when it gets cold and you need to put on a hustle they stay home and hang up thier bikes to show off to people they they once rode.

bump.

MERCKXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

reynolds ouzo fork

ultegra 10 gruppo

dura ace cranks

chris king headset

cinelli bars

deda stem

record post

selle italia saddle

garbage wheelset, until i can afford a decent one.

merckx are fucking amazing.

I took a haul one day doing some distance shit, and rode 31.9 miles in a total of 4 hours. I passed this guy on a merckx and he ended up passing me 15 miles later, while I was sitting on a wall on my phone. Dude was geared out, and out riding with gears.

bullet proof. if they are built up with some beefy spokes by some one that knows what theyre doing they will stay true for a long time. i work on them every day and beat them pretty hard and have never had a problem.

nice.

yeah im getting some Phil Wood's laced up.

can't wait til they are done.:)