bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Its an Aquila... wow.. I jsut realized that bike is about 10 years old.. with about 5 years of storage on it and under 2 years of trail riding.... damn....

I was reading this thread yesterday and got a little motivation to hit the trails again after seeing those vids you posted... I was looking up a bunch around here

Is the sizing for a frame the same on a road bike as it is for a mountain bike... I'm not sure what size I'm on now.. I want to say 21 inch frame, so seems like that 55 may work out...(if my math is right) I'm 6'2" so its on the tall side...

I'll shoot you a email soon and see what the deal is..

Originally posted by ilovedrunk@Mar 28 2006, 02:27 PM

take the bike completely apart... including head set cups and bottom bracket cups... i work at a shop so it wasnt a big deal, but most bike shops would take them out, maybe for free, maybe for a small fee... youll have to get them back in also..

i taped off the areas where the cups go in so that paint didnt build up and make life hell getting the cups back in..

i stripped it down to the bare metal and sanded any remains of paint or primer off... i used a gel stripper made for metal that burns like crazy and eats through rubber gloves... it works great though,,, thats the hard part getting the paint out of the nooks and crannies...

(frame forks handle bars cranks seat clamp)

i should have primered the whole thing but i ended up not doing it.. i did many many many coats of paint... the frame is actually two tone pink.. a darker pink in the back and krylons watermelon in the front which looks like bubblegum... the "powder blue" stuff is actually teal-ish in color.. again tons of coats... and i used a NY skinny for all that due to the nature of skinnys... light coats are best so you dont get thick spots that sag... getting the whole thing covered well is an issue

hand paint the hearts and stuff on both sides.,, her name is on the downtube...

i used acrilics

pull out that ny skinny again and more than two cans of clearcoat later its basically done... it took two days to do the clear coat theres a shit load of clear on there and doing light coats that dry in between...

put it back together ride enjoy earth

if i missed anything let me know

Greatly appreciated.

getting to be time?

i spent 6 hours on the bike in the rain today, and boy, did it suck.

riding a bike for a living takes all the fun out of riding it on your free time.

yeah, it's GETTING to be time to do some distance. i ride every day, but i don't go out for 70 mile rides on days when it's 34 degrees and pouring.

been there done that made a lot of money, but moved on from the courier game. i put the track bike away and pushing distance on the road whip now.. springtime whoooo!

Over the weekend I met the gayest group of kids ever.

Gayer than ravers.

Gayer than rollerbladers.

Gayer than hipsters.

Gayer than goths.

Gayer than emos.

In fact, it was like a stew of the above mentioned.

Bike Scenester Snobs

Shut the fuck up you nerdy scenester faggots. Wow, when you bike courier you laugh at people on a so and so type of bike that still has brakes. Cause brakes are for lames.

What.

Fucking.

Ever.

Die.

Wow, those are some awesome pants.

What kind of underwear do you need to wear in order to fit into you lil sisters jeans?

Those glasses are sick man, totally retro.

I like the beard, it says, yea man, I totaly drink PBR and shit on people not as cool as me.

Cars are coffins man, totally. Check out my sick hat how the visor goes up.

Man I'm totally so cool.

Sometimes I bring my kryptonite lock around, so if a car comes to close to me I smash its hood in and petal away.

Fuck I'm a badass.

Wow, those are some awesome pants.

What kind of underwear do you need to wear in order to fit into you lil sisters jeans?

Those glasses are sick man, totally retro.

I like the beard, it says, yea man, I totaly drink PBR and shit on people not as cool as me.

Cars are coffins man, totally. Check out my sick hat how the visor goes up.

Man I'm totally so cool.

Sometimes I bring my kryptonite lock around, so if a car comes to close to me I smash its hood in and petal away.

Fuck I'm a badass.

see you at critical mass!

i love how people clown on messengers for dressing alike and so forth. have you ever been a meesnger? do you realise theres more to what people may do than just fashion? being a messenger is a shitty existance and the job is fucking hard. so yeah people like to go blow off steam and drink some cheap beer, because when you bust your ass and money isnt growing on trees, you may want to no spend shit tons of loot. the beard?...well i fucking worked in boston. most of the guys had beards. why? ever riddin a bike for 10 hours in a nor'easter? how about 40 degrees and sleeting? it just helps out a bit.

can some meesenger be dick heads and snobs? sure. i know some of them, but blanket generalisations are fucking gay no matter what. most of the kids i know, all wore the same clother because they were reliable. this company makes this jacket thats waterproof AND wind proof...you need that...this companies jeans dont wear out in the ass as fast...dude..get them.

man, fucking go anywhere and be a part of any sub-culture, scene, job market...you will see similarities in like minded, or like life styled people.

most of the poser snob kids wash out in a season anyway because the job is rough. they ride for a summer when theres no business, and people are on vacation. when it gets cold and you need to put on a hustle they stay home and hang up thier bikes to show off to people they they once rode.

I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE TALK ABOUT SOMETHING THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Over the weekend I met the gayest group of kids ever.

Gayer than ravers.

Gayer than rollerbladers.

Gayer than hipsters.

Gayer than goths.

Gayer than emos.

In fact, it was like a stew of the above mentioned.

Bike Scenester Snobs

Shut the fuck up you nerdy scenester faggots. Wow, when you bike courier you laugh at people on a so and so type of bike that still has brakes. Cause brakes are for lames.

What.

Fucking.

Ever.

Die.