bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I've heard the same thing about Fruita vs. Moab.

Bend, Oregon sounds just like Park City.

Na, I don't do a whole lot of urban assault. Any riding involving the road is usually done on a fixie, pub crawl/clown bike or my SS commuter.

we actually have a trail out at one of our parks named swedish erotica.

:haha:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by cloner+Mar 23 2006, 12:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cloner - Mar 23 2006, 12:33 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Sarah Tonin@Jan 30 2006, 08:56 PM

rip chengaworld.

no way?

[/b]

yes way. i saw a video of the last chenga jam a few weeks ago. everyone ripped a new asshole.

I love biking, but I've gotta be honest - I don't know shit about bikes.

I just recently scored this bike, and I have a feeling I scored on a really, really good bargain. It's an oversized Paramount Series 2 PDG with a titanium frame. The seller knocked the price to fifty bucks because "you've got to backpedal to brake." This just about brought me on the verge of laughter, but I luckily managed to contain myself.

Bike.jpg

Originally posted by Sarah Tonin+Mar 24 2006, 06:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sarah Tonin - Mar 24 2006, 06:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cloner@Mar 23 2006, 12:33 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Sarah Tonin@Jan 30 2006, 08:56 PM

rip chengaworld.

no way?

yes way. i saw a video of the last chenga jam a few weeks ago. everyone ripped a new asshole.

[/b]

thats a shame, i guess they are only keeping that new shitty one?

edit: not really shitty, i just liked the old one.

my bike but mines in a royal blue

bike-complete.jpg

i got a oddessy modulever and a oddessy evolver brake (fuck are they hard to set up)

running a set of primo wall tires running a treat

did have a oddessy linear slic cable but it lasted about a month with all the heavy braking !

and im running some gusset wheels high rise rims with some 2x4 blocks does the job when i get a brake cable :haha:

Guest clockwork202

have the a old fit bike the series one it was like one of the first bikes they came out with it was probably one of the best bike frames ive owned

this is my ladys bike... we found it in a dumpster... basically...

its a specialized hemi... the only photos i could find of them online were the aluminum versions (hers is chromoly)... and hers was a lightly rusted burnt orange and white... i stripped sanded and refinished most of the bike..

05HemiPro_wn.jpg

again different colors

458343355_l.jpg

pre clear coat

bike.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

post clear coat

grill.jpg

fahrealz

589329399_l.jpg

the lovely lady.... smashortrash?

weeeeee

sorry about the glare and really, photos kinda take away from the real deal... especially these photos..

take the bike completely apart... including head set cups and bottom bracket cups... i work at a shop so it wasnt a big deal, but most bike shops would take them out, maybe for free, maybe for a small fee... youll have to get them back in also..

i taped off the areas where the cups go in so that paint didnt build up and make life hell getting the cups back in..

i stripped it down to the bare metal and sanded any remains of paint or primer off... i used a gel stripper made for metal that burns like crazy and eats through rubber gloves... it works great though,,, thats the hard part getting the paint out of the nooks and crannies...

(frame forks handle bars cranks seat clamp)

i should have primered the whole thing but i ended up not doing it.. i did many many many coats of paint... the frame is actually two tone pink.. a darker pink in the back and krylons watermelon in the front which looks like bubblegum... the "powder blue" stuff is actually teal-ish in color.. again tons of coats... and i used a NY skinny for all that due to the nature of skinnys... light coats are best so you dont get thick spots that sag... getting the whole thing covered well is an issue

hand paint the hearts and stuff on both sides.,, her name is on the downtube...

i used acrilics

pull out that ny skinny again and more than two cans of clearcoat later its basically done... it took two days to do the clear coat theres a shit load of clear on there and doing light coats that dry in between...

put it back together ride enjoy earth

if i missed anything let me know