bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

so not a whole lot happened on day 6 of the race. it was individual tt.

i was a little bummed at the very end, because i had saved a little bit

of my energy thinking that there would be some crazy hill right at the

end. there wasn't. i DID NOT come in last. which was suprising,

because i had taken a wrong turn at the beginning of the route.

great race overall. everybody was really stoked, and we had a great turnout.

halloween race tonight. costumes and booze. it's probably gonna rain, but i'll be there anyways.

on the touring front, i'm taking a little four-day trip with some friends

from work. riding about 120 miles round trip fully loaded.

pictures of both to come soon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

one of the guys that was supposed to go on this trip with us

broke his collarbone on the way to work this morning.

i've had to ride a lot more aggressive these days because of

all the angry drivers. i think they're mad cause they have to

pay more for gas.

jesus, there's this guy standing in front of me just rambling

about how he used to ride back in the day and he's thinking

about getting back into it.

Hey, buddy! i don't wanna hear your life story just so you can kill some time.

AAAAAHHHHHH!

I hurt my knee. I have no idea what's going on, but about 20 miles into last night's race I started hurtin'. I finished, but it hurt so bad at the end that I didn't even party it up. I was barely able to ride to work today. I'm still going on the camping trip, but the guy that broke his collar bone and I are going to drive out there instead of ride.

Shit.

As long as I'm better in a year when my dad and I ride to Mexico for Day of the Dead.

• 2 weeks later...

does any one have any beater frames laying around? i am looking for something to ride this winter working. i am 6 foot and ride a 54 now. 53 54 55 56 would be good. i dont have alot to spend on this. no bent frames. scratched to shit is ok. boston represent. i am looking for a surly but any track bike will do.

don't you all worry im still around...

cross has been going pretty well for me... im riding for FORT-GPOA out of PA this cross season... now that im no longer Under 23 it's been a hell of a fight at races. I have gotten a handful of UCI points so i'll be able to have an okay start at nationals. Been a bit frustrated with mechanicals though.. i have one a race for the last 5 races.. it has sucked... hope all the cutters are doing well

ride hard

cinn

• 2 weeks later...

Geez Post... that bike is amazing. I wish I had a girlfriend like that.

Good to hear from you Cinnamon! I was wondering how your cross season was going this year. Sounds like things are going smoothly even with the mechanicals. Congrats on the new team as well.

Things out this way have been going good with winter training. Although this weekends ride I started to feel a bit of knee pain So I have taken the last two days off in the hopes of some receovery. I think I was just over doing the miles. Been getting almost 9o miles on Saturdays and then another 35 or so on Sundays. Not to mention the hours in the gym during the week and the hours on the bike during the week. At least it's all base miles and nothing too strenuous.

The new team I'm riding for seems pretty nice. Everyone has been getting along really well and it's like we've all been riding together for years. It's good to know that I can count on someone if my legs are feeling good. And vice versa. Our new bikes (Felt) should arrive early next year. I'm not stoked on a fw of the specs but I'm not going to complain about them. I can easily switch them out.

The race calendar for 2006 is stacked full!!! Check it out...

http://www.obra.org/schedule/2006/index.html

Too many races to choose from. Especially now with all the stage races coming back into the fold. Should be a fun year.

I hope everyone is enjoying the winter months trying to keep warm, and keeping the rubber side down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A question for all you 12oz bike nerds.

I am ready to buy this bike off a friend but I do not know how much it is worth.

It is a Schwinn Traveler but I do not know what year it is.

I plan on purchasing it from him and converting it into a fix.

If anybody could estimate how much this bike is worth, or even what year it is from that would be great.

zz.jpg

z.jpg

He snuck his fucking shoes into every flick he sent.

Thanks.

From my point of view it's not really worth much. If you give him $50 he's coming out better for it. Converting it to a fixed is going to coast you a bill at least. Unless you buy new cranks, wheels and all that stuff. Then you're talking a few bills for sure. You may want to look into buying a used converted bike already. Might save you some money in the end.

Just a thought.