bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

modern is right with the spoke card thing, however, its getting pretty rare that they are used for race id anymore, nowa days they are handed out at alleycats or other events and are pretty much just used as a badge of honor. spoke cards are kinda like a status symbol right now, thats why you see people with a whole bunch of them, they want to make sure everyone knows there are a really tough fixed gear track bike riding hardcore messenger from the streets.

as far as the model and year on that bike, i have no idea.

hey dosoner, good looks on the salsa frame but thats already too rich for my blood, and i wanted something more of a beater. i dont plan on racing a bunch, or maybe not at all. im looking for more of a comuter/singletrackish/winter work bike. i should prolly rock a cheapo hybrid or something.

word up to more people buying (and hopefully actually riding) bikes.

Originally posted by deformatron@Oct 7 2005, 07:14 PM

hey dosoner, good looks on the salsa frame but thats already too rich for my blood, and i wanted something more of a beater. i dont plan on racing a bunch, or maybe not at all. im looking for more of a comuter/singletrackish/winter work bike. i should prolly rock a cheapo hybrid or something.

word up to more people buying (and hopefully actually riding) bikes.

I may have just the thing you're loking for...I may sell my MBK trekking series-it's a little big for me (59 cm ctc). I'll let it go CHEAP. Say, $50 plus shipping. I got a really good deal on it, it will include frame, fork, hs, seatpost, and binder bolt. It should have plenty of use left in it. It's not pretty...I'll post a photo later. PM me if you want.

It rides really nice, and could be used for some light 'cross action. It's not too light, however. Or modern.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by H. Lecter@Oct 16 2005, 08:09 PM

I'd get the Sirrus...

The one on the bottom is more of a trekking bike, for long distance rides where you're hauling and camping..

Dude it says on the site, that the crossroads is for commuting through the city, or something like that, which is what ill be using it for, to get to college. The Sirrus is way to expensive for me aswell.

iv been looking at getting my first road bike for commmuting to school and around town, nothing serious. id prefer to get somehting used and basic but im having trouble finding anything used. (los angeles) i looked into ebay but i dont really trust it for possible rip offs. checked out some cannondale's, and treks with gears not fixed. im a 54cm any one got any suggestions or opinions...greatly appriciated