bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

unless its a heavy peice of junk or you really are that lazy that you dont want to learn how to shift, dont bother. ESPECIALLY if its a nice old french, english or italian ten speed, dont bother.

if you really want to do it youll need a hub that is threaded (not casette) and some long, horizontal dropouts (the things that the wheels axle slide into). you could just leave the derailers on and never shift, but if you really wanna save that half a pound, go ahead and pull them off and throw on a bmx freewheel. but after you do this youre probably going to have a really crooked chainline which can cause problems. go to sheldonbrown.com for more info. and if any of those derailers say Suntour Superbe, Dura Ace or Campagnolo on them, holler at me. ill take them off for you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Gat:Bush@Jul 26 2005, 11:35 AM

^^^ There is a large amount of work to be made in the bike messengering industry. At some companies you can pull upwards of $100 a day.

There is far less people working the winter so if you are hardcore/dedicated you can make a lot of dough if you got the spirit.

ma dad just gave me a fresh raleigh english ten speed. it cruises. will post flicks later.

The work ain't there like it used to be. My best day was $250 only a few years back.

Everybody's overhired and very few companies will let you really clock dollars nowadays.

Cuttin Crew.

I was surprised on OLN when they said "...graffiti artist Futura" - I think it kinda reminded me how much more accepted this artform is becoming. Maybe not on a street level but in galleries and as design. It's an interesting topipc, but not for here.

nice vanity.

last night. 25 mile ride. when i was within 2 miles of my destination.. i hit some hole or something.. fucked my rear wheel. and killed the innertube. fun times. off to bike shop in the morning. i cant go back to relying on a car.

Originally posted by ebineezer@Aug 4 2005, 08:18 PM

has anyone on here heard of panasonic bikes? i just inherited one, and plan on fixing it up...i know its an electronics company but i guess they made some bikes as well..any input would be appreciated

did it come with a remote? anyways i know they made track frames too. they are very cool!

Originally posted by ebineezer@Aug 5 2005, 12:18 AM

has anyone on here heard of panasonic bikes? i just inherited one, and plan on fixing it up...i know its an electronics company but i guess they made some bikes as well..any input would be appreciated

post a pic of it. another company probably made the frame. such as the Bridgestone bikes.. KHS made alot of the frames for those bikes. blah post a pic. its worth a 1000 words.

nice Schwinn. definitely need to get rid of the extra ring and the chain guard.

yup...I've heard of Panasonic. I also thought of Bridgestone.

Lance's bike....interesting. Futura's looking a bit run down there.

The Tour is bad ass in person.

* oh yeah. looks like I'm buying a rock lobster 29er. sweet ass bike it is.

Yeah, I could see it now. Me asking Sasha to work closely with him to design and paint one of his creations. Vanilla's are indeed one of the most lovely frames around, but the guy who makes them is a true artist. I doubt he'd want my input on such things. Then again... who knows. Tell you what 48:16... you come up with the money to get one and I'll work with dude on the finish. Ha! Shits are expensive... but damn well worth it.

Futura's looked a bit run down since day one. That's him. I guess that's what happens to you when you're in demand. I thought the icon graphics were great. Sure, a skull signifying death looks corny but can you think of anything else that would immediately relay the same message clearly? Not everyone thinks creatively and sometimes the clearest images are the best. Especially design wise. And yeah, I would have thought he would of added all the stickers and such prior to the final coats of finish on the frame. That way they actually looked part of the bike and not an add on. The stickers will fade eventually. Maybe not thought. I'm sure the bikes will ebd up in a museum or collection somewhere. No, I'm not a Lance fan, though I do recognize his accomplishments and respect them. It is amazing how his noterity has brought cycling back to the states.

Changing teams next year. Moving up and getting more out of it. Kinda nice. Real nice. The sponsor is a Therapeutic clinic that is specific to sports. Free messages and therapy, races paid for... the list goes on. One happy white guy right here. Now I just have to get out and ride once in a while...