bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ya know...it was kinda funny. I had a great view of the kid driving and the girl in the passenger seat. the kid was just kinda sitting there saying fuck over and over with his eyes about to pop outta his head. the kid was more than scared shitless. for some reason that satisfied me enough to just jump back on the bike and take off.

I just found out one of my friends used to race Cat 1 at the national level in Texas. He told us a story about beating Lance in a race...waaaay back in the day. I guess him and another guy were fucking with Lance all day. The other guy my boy was riding with got his teammate to take off to the left on a sprint about 500 yards from the finish. Lance of course charged after him. My boy and the other guy broke off to the right, right after Lance bit on the sprint. I guess the teammate grabbed a handful of brake and left Lance high and dry. Apparently Lance got pissed and stormed off, throwing his bike in his car and leaving before the podium ceremony.

kinda funny.

Steve... that's a funny ass story! I love it when people get all pissed over dumb shit... their reactions are hilarious. Though, it's not a good idea to let them know you're laughing at them.

Weekend Race Report!!!

Saturday: Criterium Racing - Course: 1km circuit with a short downhill, slow long uphill and a long false flat back to the downhill. 45 minutes plus one lap.

Race started out like any other crit... fast and furious to weed out the suckers. I stayed with the top ten guys and sucked wheels on the uphill and false flat sections for several laps till the pace eased up a bit. Of course, at that time the officials rang a bell for a prize lap. Just as I was able to breathe for a second. This whole scenario goes on for 45 minutes. Literally. We speed up for a bell lap and then ease up. Speed up for a bell lap, ease up. In one of the bell laps I was able to eek out a first place due to some dodgy sprinting. I was fourth wheel coming around the final turn into the finish line area when I broke out hard to the far right of the course. One of the guys in front of me did the same so I had to squeeze inbetween him and curb... which there wasn't much room of... to get ahead of him. I managed it but I nipped his bars with my hip. I apologized to him after the line but he was all smiles and congratulated me on a brave and taking the points. I won $10 for it. During the final lap I stayed with the top five guys. As we came around to the last 500 meters most of the guys from the back came to the front so I just grabbed a wheel of one of the guys who I knew to be pretty strong. I was in third spot springin for the finish and no one came near me so I took third. Which also got me $10. So my race paid for itself. Which is nice.

I also raced the Criterium Championships today, but I don't have time to give the report. It waas much crazier than yesterdays race so I'll get to it later.

where have i been

this thread is really dope,so much info to take in man.

my hat goes of to you guys riding seriously and having a good time at it.

Its real inspiring , i need to get my ass up and ride more . I'm riding a trek 1000 now , my first road bike.I'm having alot of fun with it , i just have to be more consistent in my riding schedule

Weekend Race Report continued:

Sunday: Championship Criterium Racing - Course 1.5km "L" shaped loop. Mostly flat with a small false flat section. 30 minutes plus one lap.

Race started quickly but not too fast. Not like Saturday. I fought for a good position in the top five guys and stayed there on the wheel of a guy who has been winning the weekly races all year. (Why he hasn't been upgraded is still a mystery) I stayed on his wheel the entire race. Guys would come up and try to budge their way in behind his wheel on some turns but I don't play that shit. If I'm on a wheel, that shit is mine. Short of knuckling up and throwing down, you're going to need to do a lot to get a wheel I'm on. There were a few bell laps for prizes and money but this being the Championships I didn't give a crap about that stuff. I tried to ride smart and save whatever I had in the tank for the final sprint. At about 25 minutes into the race the officials went to laps instead of minutes. So we had six laps to go. The pace eased up a bit and everyone was trying to get into a good position. But even cruising around an "L" shaped course at 24mph, it's hard to move up. With two laps to go the pace picked up severely. I stayed on dudes wheel though. Guys from the back of the pack were coming to the front on both sides. The pack got all freaked out into one of the turns and I got shoved to the outside which lead me to the dreaded pothole everyone was talking about during the warm up. I hit it so hard that my computer went flying and my handlebars moved a little. Somehow, I acted like nothing happend and managed to get back onto "my" wheel before the next turn. As we go by the finish line and the bell is rang for the final lap, the pace picks up even more and guys I haven't seen for the whole race are coming up to the front. This pisses "my" wheel off big time and he guns it to get back into position. I stick to his wheel. As we go into a sharp turn this shakey guy on the inside doesn't hold his line and takes the corner all fucked up. Throwing plenty of guys off, including me. I ended up in the groove of the curb for about ten feet, at 27mph. Talk about scary! I lost about five bike lengths because of that. I fought my ass off to get back into position but it was too late. Guys were sprinting for the line before the line was even in sight. I did the longest sprint of my life just to get the best possible finishing position. I think I came in 8th.

Of course, today I'm wasted after a weekend of crit racing. But it was fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Tesseract
Guest imported_Tesseract

I went to way less events than i wanted too and i cant forgive my self for not going to the tarck&field...i love that shit.

The games where so great i'm seriously starting to build on visiting beijing in 08'

Originally posted by Tesseract

...and a little something for desert

DESSERT.

just remember..you want 2 servings of dessert so theres 2 S's in it.

only one in desert because no one likes it :(

that chick looks fine from the back, i want some full frontal action!

Great photos Tess! Thanks for sharing...

Ah yes... the road season is over! Now it's a month of eating shit food I wasn't able to eat all year and having plenty of drinks. I should be a good ten pounds heavier by October 1st. Just in time for training through the winter... ugh.

How's the cross season Steve? Cinnamon?

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by cloner

DESSERT.

just remember..you want 2 servings of dessert so theres 2 S's in it.

only one in desert because no one likes it :(

that chick looks fine from the back, i want some full frontal action!

Haha, thanx for the correction..english is not my primary language so i fuck up often..i knew there was something wrong the moment i was typing that

nice, tess. it looks like a rocky bmx track. were there any technical sections? i didn't get to see any of the bike racing.

i'm doing a 24 hour race this weekend. i'm part of a 5 person team, and we're all racing on single speeds. should be fun. i'll have the full report next week. maybe pictures too.

Originally posted by yoink

ok so I got my bike today, It fit well into my budget....not too mention I plan on buying some accesories for it (helmut, possibly shoes, rack for storage on the back etc...) IT may not be super super awesome, but it was comfy, I will probably get an extra pair of tires down the road for city riding.

http://bobsbicycleshop.com/site/images/library/site/trek_4300disc_black_04_m.jpg'>

Its the TREK 4300.

anyhoo, What do you guys reccomend shoe wise? I was looking at a few but they are damn expensive..I would like to get a pair, Im not too sure about brands though..

Shit i got the same exact bike

Originally posted by fixed

hey fuckers i accidently started a new thread for bike talk i had no clue you cats got so extensive on here with it a friend referred me to this site so looks good, graffiti is cool too by the way.

i ride a fixed fixed is a religion.

http://oldskooltrack.com/files/images/khs.funnybike.jpg'>

my current whore i ride her all the time HARD(one of 12 sluts), i do messenger work in nyc she treats me well

Khs funny bike lowered handles for drop outs and nice endup skids...

what is with the weird angle of the top tube? i suppose it's different but is their a point?

*edit* looking at the frame and seat position i'd imagine that it's kind of an uncomfortable ride