bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ubejinxed

i know i'm not cool cuz i like gears n brakes.... :(

but at least i'm on a bike at all, a step for me... !!

If it gets you to where you're going that's all that really matters. I think we might be too old for all those crazy stunts anyways. I dunno I would like to get back out there and try it again.... and skateboarding too.

damn...I just logged on to help you out ube. oh well enjoy your new bike. be sure to get a high pressure pump or the air cartridges. don't use a gas station pump...they inflate the tires too quickly and can make your tubes blow on occasion.

most people that I know that have fixies...also have geared bikes. ;) shhh! of course there are a few badass' out there that only ride fixie.

<-- Bad Ass

ube needs instant gratification.

congrats. i hope you like it..

you're so ridiculous with that gearless brakeless thing.

the only people who would say you're not 'cool' cuz of that are maroons.

anyone who opts for bike or feet over car is as cool as can be in my book

Re: <-- Bad Ass

Originally posted by !@#$%

ube needs instant gratification.

congrats. i hope you like it..

you're so ridiculous with that gearless brakeless thing.

the only people who would say you're not 'cool' cuz of that are morons.

anyone who opts for bike or feet over car is as cool as can be in my book

thanks buddy, but would i still be cool if i had these?

http://www.lowbikes.ch/img/parts/streamers/14232.jpg'> and one of these on my rack

http://www.usounds.com/images/ghetto_blaster.jpg'>

:)

Hey when did i becoem the bad guy here it was just a kind suggection that she get a fixie and for the record i own a few geared bicycles.......

i just love bikes period.

and ube if you really copped that fuji for what did you say like 3 bills thats nutso those retail for around 8 or 9 so consider yourself blessed.

disc brakes for shits sake.

what's up guys. two questions.

bought a bike i'm not really fond of the color. does anyone have any info on frame repainting? prices etc? can i do it myself and still have it be on point?

also...this thing has got cable guides underneath the top tube that drive me crazy. is there anyway i can file, saw or dremel them off without compromising the rest of the frame.?

Originally posted by 48:16

what's up guys. two questions.

bought a bike i'm not really fond of the color. does anyone have any info on frame repainting? prices etc? can i do it myself and still have it be on point?

also...this thing has got cable guides underneath the top tube that drive me crazy. is there anyway i can file, saw or dremel them off without compromising the rest of the frame.?

painting:

check with some of the local powder coaters. chances are one of them will be willing to do a bike and have some knowledge on it. a place close to me will strip it and coat it for $100. The color kinda determines the wait though. Typically they'll wait till they have enough things to paint to make it worth their time to paint. popular colors will obviously be done quicker.

you can do it yourself. Spray paint can look really good, but it won't really hold up to abuse. its just too soft a paint. you could have auto paint put into a can, but that's going to get as expensive as just having someone else paint it. I painted one of my bikes and it looked just kick ass for an entire week.

cable guides.

yea, you can get rid of them...just don't get obsessive about removing them completely. I'd just dremel off the parts that stick out and bug you. I don't think I'd run the chance of fucking up the entire frame by trying to completely remove them.

48:16... I just recently had my frame and fork repainted about three months ago. It took forever but well worth the wait. Here in town there is a guy who paints bikes, specifically. With so many frame builders in town, he's deep in business. I'd call around to a few local bike shops and ask if there's any paint shops in town who specialize in bike painting. Chances are, especially in your town, there's a fairly well respected one. The cost for mine, straight black high-gloss was $250. I wanted a new bike, for $1300 (Team price knocked down from $3500) but the price of a new paint job was calling me.

BMX NERDS... in my possession I have a PK Ripper with Landing Gear forks, straight from the 80's. Even when I was co-sponsored by Hutch back in the day... I wanted a PK Ripper. I finally have one now. But... it needs some help. I want to bring it back to it's glory day and hook up some goods for it. Is there a place I can look at online for old BMX stuff? Any ideas?

Originally posted by Joker

... I wanted a PK Ripper. I finally have one now.

I just read my own post and started laughing at this... most guys my age (Early mid-life crisis) start spending their hard earned money on really nice cars, audio equipment or whatever. I opted for an old BMX bike. Sad...

fucking animal junk tone face off god like force zoning homeless for food with the likes of weaving cats taking all they stole from the hole in the wall to that other area most dislike talking about....why run but also knowing as to why they did actually run but also in the midst i seen other bloody kids taking off skin and trading for more japanese news flashes......fucking idiots.....why in all this dancing and indian slay ceromonys do all these run down commercial facial giving head dresses seem to think its okay to have themselves burried in gold?...you ask them because i know that if you do you can easily win one of those many many many different oi oi oi symbols that can be seen from here to god dam fucking sluts corners in the middle of san jose screaming "we wanna rock"...."we wanna fucking rock"....so easily....so easily...but on those journey you will also be found gibbling nipples of some elderly cookie jar that seem to enjoy the likes of santa claus in a thug costume and mr.jones and me in rat jump suits saying what the fuck happens after you touch your self....you knooooow....after all this skull slammed nipple busting you feel as if you need to go down to the old 5 out of 99 to get your self a cup of some type of carpenters glue that you can find anywhere near another cup carpenters glue stuff so take it and the get back to your own faith in crawling catfish who can not get enough of the fact that your face is made up of thousands of tiny vaginas that are all saying "we take your face then we take you moms cooking supplies"...them fuckers love that shit

http://www.norco.com/bikes/2004bikes/images/one25.jpg'>

christmas present this year... anyways looking for a cheap(er) road/fixed gear for strictly riding around the city streets... any suiggestions as to what brands or certain things i hsould be looking for would be quite aprecaited.. thanks in advance

pic seems to not work... heres the link http://www.norco.com/bikes/2004bikes/images/one25.jpg

I asked here a while ago about some bike suggestions, and now who knows how long after that Ive finally come into some money.

Anyhoo...Im gettin a bike for sure. And Id like to get some good reccomendations since I know now what I want one for.

Id like to get a middle of the pack one...trying to stay under five hundred.....if I can, Im lookin to do it and pick this up as a hobby, not sport wise, but enough to get me doing it alot....not just once in a while, so, my main problem is Im not sure which type to get, I want it for city/town riding (which is what I will be doing mostly, but I wouldnt mind having the capability of going off road and hitting some trails as well...so it would not be a full on race bike, I would also like something that would have nice storage capability, ie. I would be able to strap a pack or two on if I had to travel with some gear....

Ok hopefuly you bike nerds dont mind answering this kind of question for the kabillionth time in a row now.....thanks.....