bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

Guest kidlugz

any of you guys have any experience with cervelo bikes? i'm looking at buying the super prodigy (steel with traditional geometry, full ultegra and a reasonable price). all the reviews i've read so far have been super positive. so, any thoughts on these bikes?

it's either the cervelo or the guru strada but the strada costs more and i'd only get a 105/ultegra group, which doesn't really excite me.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by kidlugz

any of you guys have any experience with cervelo bikes? i'm looking at buying the super prodigy (steel with traditional geometry, full ultegra and a reasonable price). all the reviews i've read so far have been super positive. so, any thoughts on these bikes?

it's either the cervelo or the guru strada but the strada costs more and i'd only get a 105/ultegra group, which doesn't really excite me.

from what ive heard they are good bikes. and shifting can make or break a bike and how good you look riding it

sat. race did a 40 mile solo break only to get caught a mile from the final 2.5 mile cat. 2 climb. I went backwards from there

I know peeps riding Cervelos and Gurus...they seem to like them. I haven't heard any complaints.

I doubled up this weekend and I feel like complete hell. Sixth place on Saturday and seventh on Sunday. Not top 5, but at least I'm consistent. Oh yeah....I'm racing on a single speed this year. I love passing the geared kids. ha-ha.

Originally posted by SteveAustin

buell bikes were designed by the Harley guys so their wives would have somthing to ride with them. translation...they're bitch bikes. I wouldn't get one. There are a lot cooler bikes out there.

edit...

ube had a motorcycle thread...I'll try and find it.

i saw you bumped it, thanks. Yeah, i dont really want one, i was just wondering....

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by SteveAustin

Buell bikes were designed by the Harley... I wouldn't get one.

My Dad has worked on Harleys for over forty years. He's had three of his customs featured in magazines and spent seven years on a crew for some Harley dragster team. The guy is a Harley nut bag. Now he spends his time tinkering on bikes for friends, and building vintage bikes back to their natural glory, and continues to work in the same shop he's worked in for almost twenty years. He's completely obsessed with building a bike for me, but to his huge dissapointment... I'm a Lambretta man. The bike he's working on for me is pretty nice, I must say. A lowrider that's all black... I just might have to give in. Anyway...

I asked him about the Buell bikes last year when I walked into a Harley shop with a friend. I was kind of interested in getting one so I called my Dad and asked a few questions. He said they're shit. They look great and are priced to move but they're disposable. He'd spend his money on a Yamaha before he'd spend his money on a Buell. That's a hefty statement coming from him.

Been racing a lot this past month. Nothing really big to report though. Since I'm on a new team and moved up in categories... my job is to work for the leader. So my results are nill, but my personal results are going pretty good. Though I don't get to fight for points or the win, personally... in a sense I kinda do. Sevral races my team leader has won. So that's a good sign that his teammates are doing what they should be doing. And it's a good feeling when he comes up to me after the races and tanks me for burying myself for him.

My fitness is coming along and my strength is there. But my exhaustion level has hit it's peak. I'm on super light duty for the next ten days to recover. Which is kinda cool but I was really getting into racing. Oh well. I hope I come back stronger.

Hell yeah...sounds like shit is going good Joker. If your team leader is winning then yeah...you and the rest of your teammates are obviously riding well. I haven't raced much this year. I'm kinda waffling towards retirement of all racing except for cross. Cross is my mistress and I just can't give her up.

It's probably a good thing I don't live close to you. I want a new (to me) motorcycle bad. I'd love to have a Harley custom or say...an old Triumph or BSA. As it is...I have two Yamaha's sitting in the garage...neither of them run right now.

Dude...an all black lowrider? C'mon man....you gotta give in....if not...you know how to get ahold of me. ha-ha.

so far ive done 14 races since the first of march... now im burnt the fuck out. I could bairly finish my races last weekend way off the pack too. So i talked to my coach and she asked what ive done for the past three weeks and well i teach spinning classes 4 days a week and i didn't tell her. she got pissed b/c ive been doing my regular workouts and teaching spinning. And in the last three weeks my body has really not gotten any rest so i am on a recover plan right now.. sucks i can't ride (no more the an hour) i just don't know what to do with my time... but ihave collegiate nats in Wesconsin the 21st and 22nd so hopefully i'll be ready by then... i have never had the feeling of not having any power in my legs at all it's kinda scary... so i now know when youre riding great, it's probably the best time to take a rest.

anyways ride on

hey fuckers i accidently started a new thread for bike talk i had no clue you cats got so extensive on here with it a friend referred me to this site so looks good, graffiti is cool too by the way.

i ride a fixed fixed is a religion.

http://oldskooltrack.com/files/images/khs.funnybike.jpg'>

my current whore i ride her all the time HARD(one of 12 sluts), i do messenger work in nyc she treats me well

Khs funny bike lowered handles for drop outs and nice endup skids...

damn i just typed out a whole post and the damn thing didn't go through...

well ok once again.

hey you bicycle people please help me out i'm looking to get a new to me bike that is light, good for commuting, and under $300. i went and looked at a used fuji touring bike this past weekend for $275 it seemed fine, it fit, and i think i want a touring bike, but i know nothing of these bikes. i know i don't want a fixed gear no brake jobbie, i'd eat shit in 5 sec.

also what sized frame is good for a 5'2" person.

thanks!

hey ubejinxed first of all riding fixed isnt all that bad and especialy for the commute youd be straight because its less trouble to maintain for short riding purposes and the bike doesnt go without any stopping ability you have to understand the gear is fixed so there is no neautral movement you either pedal and go forward or backpedal and stop the bike understand?

aside from that a fuji touring bike may not be what you need for a commute it seems like overkill, but then agian they do retail for around 9 bills so Id say check the mechanics on the bike (ie chain, derailuer(thing that moves the gears) ands brakes) and make the purchase, if anything ask to take it for a quick ride before buying it if the guy selling has any integrity hell let you do it.

and fuck cars.

So i forgot to mention the size info bikes are typically measured by the inseam in centimeters just like pants so let that be your guide your actual height is basically useless its your legs you have to worry about, best way to see how it fits is to sit on it feel teh bike under you and be sure your feet can rest comfortably on the ground not flat footed however you should be slightly tip toed otherwise the bike may be on the short side and you dont want pedals hitting the ground in turns

http://oldskooltrack.com/files/images/carssuck.gif'>

thanks for the info..

i'm pretty sure the Fuji fits me, i've been checking up on the components and it has the Shimano RSX derailleur, the second grade setup.

i found 1980's miyata road bike too for $130, but i don't know about this kind either. i'm leaning towards the Fuji though...

i'm definitely walking in the dark on this.

very popular with messengers becauase they are easy to maintain

and popular with purists cux they're simple and elegant.

they're dope.

people..help out my woman ube.

i don't know anything about cruisers.

ubejinxed...

Depending on the terrain you ride on your commute, a single speed... not a fixed, may be an option you should consider. Much like a fixed it offers less to care for and a cleaner ride. But, you have the reliable brakes at your fingertips. Fixed is definitely a superior ride in comparrison, but not everyone is willing to give up their knees for the purists / courier look. I sold mine about six months ago and I regret it to this day. getting around town on that thing was like being free. If that makes any sense...

Anyway, look into used bike shops that might cater to the messenger crowd and talk to a mechanic about setting you up with a single speed. The cost will probably hit your pocket right where you want it to and you'll have less to worry about were something to fail. Just a thought. A friend of mine just bought a Soma frame and fork that has horizontal drop-outs but is drilled for front and rear brakes. And has cable guides. Definitely a commuter friendly single speed bike.

Did a 20 mile ITT this Sunday and just about blew a gasket trying to go hard for all that time. I think I should have ate more food prior to the ride. Afterwards I hooked up with a bunch a guys for a one hour ride that turned out to be a race up this crazy ass mountain side. Ten mile climb. Out of six guys on the ride... only three finished. I was one of the three, although I finished last! Only a few seconds down though. I was screaming like a little bitch by the top of that hill! Shit hurt so bad. The descent was amazing! The road was a single lane service road for forestry types. We were getting up to 50mph in some spots but because the road curved so much... it felt so much faster. Love going down hill!

well it's not a fixie, and it has breaks... but I love my Haro.

It feels like a bmx got a bit bigger, but went slick for the speed.

Love it Love it Love it !!!

(my best pawnshop score ever!)

bike.jpg