bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

every hardcore kid in richmond has one. I mean i'd rather them spend money on bike then something else. I just love the look they give me when we come to a light and they think they are tough as shit. i have a fixie, by no means a nice a one just throw it together to have something to ride to class with and back. i just want to race them and make them look dumb so next time when they are trying so hard to do their track stand infront of me they wont look at me.

We do have the think called spint club which some of them go do. It's pretty cool acutally. they race on there fixies. do crits little uphill TT. I'll try to find the link. I haven't been able to make it to any of the races due to cyclocross races this year i need to make an apparence.

i fuck as hard as i ride....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Race report. this is what i sent my coach i didn't want to type up another one.

Great conditions! sunny a bit windy but very nice out. The race started off like a normal crit, fast as hell. i just hung on the back for dear life. I was a bit nervous with my handleing of the bike since i hadn't raced in a while and there were some nasty turns. One by one people started falling off the back. about 10 laps into the race i started feeling comfortable and moved my way up a little in the field, but stayed near the back. Most of the race i was just pack fill. But none the less about 40 riders started the race and about halfway through the race (20 laps to go) the field i had dwindled to around 25 riders. I just followed the guy in front of me staying on the back of the pack. with 10 laps to go i think i counted 18 or so left in the lead group. these races are so perdicable there was a small asent on the course and sure enough on the last lap everyone went for it. i moved up to about mid pack and just hugged onto the wheel infront of me. Gave the sprint what i had, i didn't get or pass anyone during the sprint. Im not positive but i thinki finshed in the 8th-10th range.

Im pretty happy with the result and how my legs felt. Im not a crit rider, i think that's the 5th or 6th crit ive actually finished. So impleased with the result. I guess i could have done more work up front but what's the need i knew how the race was going to finish up anyway. I think my average HR was around 180-185 i felt pretty good with that. The crit was 28 miles long

Nice! You must have been working extra hard to stay on the back of a crit pack. The acceleration out of a turn is enough to kill some people. Good result Cinnamon!

Four hour ride yesterday with the team. Getting better at those hills...

I went out and put in around 30 miles on Friday night hitting every pub in sight. Got home around 5 in the morning. I got my 9 am wake up call for my 10 am training ride...I was still drunk, but felt like I was at that point where I was going to start feeling shitty. I swore I wouldn't miss that ride, so I cooked breakfast and started coffeeing up. About 10 minutes before it was time to go...I realized the only way I was going to make it through that ride was if I was still a little lit. I poured myself a double rum and coke and hoped for the best. Three and a half hour ride, 25 mph winds and somewhere between 30-35 miles. The last hour felt like it nearly killed me. I ran out of everything. I was begining to bonk so bad that I felt like I was gonna pass out waiting in line to get some food.

Originally posted by Joker

Nice! You must have been working extra hard to stay on the back of a crit pack. The acceleration out of a turn is enough to kill some people. Good result Cinnamon!

Four hour ride yesterday with the team. Getting better at those hills...

my coach told me the same thing and how i need to stay at the front. i went to the front but the first race of the season i didn't feel comfortable enought with my bike handeling to stay up there. so last man was the easiest for me...

steve.. good story man.. next time i dont' know what you should do next time.. haha

anybody besides me go to monstertrack in nyc... i didnt think so.

im rich bitch. and i didnt even ride. it was a hot race, started at chelsea piers, ended at chelsea piers, fun track stand contest which rome shouldve won but squids a cocksucker.... i visited galleries and caught the finish and some girl that was real hot at the beginning of the races looked fat and drunk and fat at the end of the afterparty. and i will say this boston will smoke any city under the table. its all about captains quarters cyphers... if i could only attach images.

yeh i was into bmx/freestyle whatever you wanna call back around '99 from watching my friends old props vid mags. i always wanted a nice 20inch frame not to pull out supermans or nothing but just to ride street with out in the city(ride that stress off). so now its '04 and im just now getting my first 20inch(its some type of redline) and im wondering what color to paint it. i already sanded it and painted it black, i was thinking about baby blue frame and black parts but this other rider i know said baby blue is way too trendy nowadays but i was thinking brown with black parts. yeh he also called me a poser for owning a freestyle just to ride it and not bust out or learn any tricks on it. your opinions? advice?

-Sarah "Noob Saibot" Tonin

Originally posted by Sarah Tonin

but this other rider i know said baby blue is way too trendy nowadays

. yeh he also called me a poser for owning a freestyle just to ride it and not bust out or learn any tricks on it.

this rider is a moron.

bikes aren't even approachin what i would call 'trendy', much less what fucking color they're painted..

'trendy' is that new gay-ass SUV the honda element.

baby blue bmx bicycle souns hott.

you could even name her something cool like bluelouboyle.

:lol:

riding a freestyle just to ride is fine.

i ride a track bike, but i've never been a bike messenger, and i've never ridden on a track...

i like the way it feels, handles, rides

it's low maintenance and the design is simple elegance.

you've got your reasons for liking freestyle bmx bikes.

tricks don't have to be one of em.

on the other hand, maybe you'll get it, rock it, and wanna learn tricks after you can control it like your last boyfriend.

i had a converted peugeot

it was massive.

probably like a 55cm

a friend of mine used to call it the cadillac

this guy from the lady's stripclub thread has the same frame...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b4dc09b3127cceb93162d549640000001610'>

i put lavendar cork tape on the handlebars.

it's a good bike.

(i also still have it, complete, despite my talking about it in the past tense like it died when i met my beautiful bianca)

it's just like that picture. (i know it's hard to see the color)

the frame is a turquoise sort of teal color

it's got those red yellow and white stripes across the crossbar

it says 'peugeot' down the bottom bar with sort of fading out checkerboard at the end of the word..

if i decide i gotta get rid of it, i'll let ya know.

saddle?

maybe someone can help me out with some advice. i am looking to get

a new saddle for my road bike. i want to spend about 40 or so, any

reccomendations? on my city bike i have a speciallized telluride saddle

and i really like it, so i was thinking about getting that, eventhough its

a mtn bike saddle.

and where do you shop online for bike stuff?

thanks

yoshy

Originally posted by !@#$%

the frame is a turquoise sort of teal color

ahh...I see. damn, I was hoping it was the black version...and that you were tired of it. I have a slight allergic reaction to teal. no worries.

as far as saddles go...I'm a Selle Italia guy. Nothing else. Its been a while since I've shopped online (perks) but I used to get stuff from supergo.com and performancebike.com

The Road race

It was a 20mile race first 7 miles or so was a fairly flat loop then a 6-7 mile windy climb followed by a 2-3 mile gradual decent. then a 3 mile climb up beach mountain (in boone NC)

So like all races it started late my warm up on the trainer didn't do much good. the first 7 mile loop was nice kind of got me warmed up a bit just stayed in the middle of the pack. When we hit the first climb i slowly made my way to the lead group. i felt pretty good half way through the first climb there was a lead group of about 15 riders. We kept an okay pace. i stayed near the back and the group and just stayed on. When we reached Beach Mountain the pack was know 20 or so... about a 3rd of the way up a big acceleration was made and i just couldn't keep with them. so i just kept it at the pace i could go and didn't get passed by any or pass anyone. i finished 9th out of 63 starters. I was a bit disappointed to tell you the truth. i think i was looking at my HR monitor too much. on the final climb i was around 186 or so there have been times when im training where i can easily hold 195 or higher. Maybe i just didn't have the fight in me. None the less 9th is still a respectable finish

now to the CRIT

the crit was 45 min. .5mile course with some tight turns and a good little hill to the finish. i took your advice from the last crit and got myself a front row spot on the line. I was feeling good and wanted to make up for not pushing myself harder in the earlier race. So when the whistle blew I let all hell go loose. I was the first off the line and the first into the first corner. After the first lap a group of 5 or so already had a small lead on the pack. A few laps later there was a preme lap. I think i got 3rd in that one. A few of the riders did not want to work and they backed off. I was feeling good and didn’t want to have to ride the rest of the race in the pack. So I went for it and 2 others came with me. We road about 5 or so laps together then one of the guys dropped off the pace. It was now I and a rider from Clemson. We are in different conferences so we decided to work together. We took turns pulling and next thing you know we had a 15 sec. gap on the chasers. There was still about 30 min. left in the crit at this time. We kept on pushing each other. With about 15 laps to go we had a 30 sec. lead on the chasers. I really started to tire and wasn't sure if i was going to make it. The other rider was able to take two really long pulls to help me out. When i saw 10 laps to go i think the adrenalin started kicking in and with the lead of still at 30 sec. we had a good chance of succeeding. We kept it going 5 laps to go 3 laps now down to the last lap and it was just us. I went into the last sharp turn before the finishing up hill. I kept it steady and had a small gap on him. He closed it down and we were side by side going to the line. We both threw our bikes to the line and didn't know which one had won. I wish I could say that I pulled out a win but I got beat by about an inch or so. there were 55 starters and we lapped all but about 15 riders. it was insain.

and joker or anyone else

so we got those 303 zipps from a friend. we take off the tire to put a new one on and they were both cracked.. shitty. but he was a friend so we gotour money back. so for about the same price we got a set of american classic sprint 350's they are SWEET maybe the smothest ride ive ever felt.

kick ass...nice going cinnamon.

My off road season starts this weekend. I've got a TT on Saturday and a XC on Sunday. I'm thinking about going with an insanely large gear for the TT, hoping that the ground I'll make up on the flat fast stuff will offset the short climbs.

I just got my newest offroad fixie setup this weekend. Absolutely loving it.